Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 15 - MONT VENTOUX-

Well after a lot of indecision and several attempts, I have finally settled on my line up for the battle up Mont Ventoux.
I have taken a 10 point penalty but realistically got 8 riders who can score...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

105 comments

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just catching up with the stage so far. I went with:

Mollema
Kwiatowski
Quintana
Fulsgang
Ten Dam
Nieve
Schleck
Mederel
Fischer

Hoping Nieve and Quintana get away

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

el fares has been dropped

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gap coming down fast. Reckon Europcar want to catch the break before the summit of the cat 3 so Rolland can get some points. Could be no IM points for the break today. But after the cat 3 there will be other breaks methinks.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Europcar on the front and hammering it. Looks like Voeckler is going to go for it today.

0 likes

Peloton 5 mins back from 6. The break might not make it to the IM now. Hope El Fares gets some mountain points. Would make up for Rolland's failure.

0 likes

Very fast stage, 49.3 and 50.4 so far. Must be that tailwind! Don't you love a tailwind. Went from Cambridge to Fareham (parents - near Portsmouth) and back again recently and had a tailwind both times. Very glad of it as well. F*** rule 5!!

0 likes

Rolland and Burghart sat up now. Hope Rolland has got something for later. Otherwise I would have been better off with Mollema.

But to be honest a GC day is better for my Cycling News team and my purist, so I've covered my bets.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rolland sat up so the 10 have 6.30 on the pack.

Sagan for the stage win?! Nah just kidding, probably want to wrap up the green jersey today? Assuming Cav does nothing Tuesday, he'll wrap it up today?

Alan Tullett replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Rolland sat up so the 10 have 6.30 on the pack.

Sagan for the stage win?! Nah just kidding, probably want to wrap up the green jersey today? Assuming Cav does nothing Tuesday, he'll wrap it up today?

Just going for the IM points I expect but will he do something Tues now? He might want another stage win and that is his last realistic chance.

0 likes

Le Mevel sat up. Not surprised to be honest. Same thing happened yesterday.

Rolland within 15" of the 10 at one point, now dropping back a bit to 35". Not sure if they'll make it now. The 10 don't want Rolland in their group. Could be all down to El Fares now. Peloton well back with Europcar leading, presumably slowing down the pace unless their plan is for Voeckler to go late?

0 likes

Looking back on the live text both Rolland and El Fares have got some mountain points. 1 cat 4 each. De Gendt got the first.

0 likes

Rolland and Burghart chasing the lead group of 10 (got El Fares - I thought Sagan might try something Tues rather than today) but no MPs for Rolland. Damn! Also Le Mevel and Astorloza chasing behind Rolland. Got Le Mevel. Have been thinking of getting rid of him and swapping him for a 3 but it meant wasting a transfer and now he might get some points although I doubt it. El Fares in with a chance of some IM points though. Better than nothing! Le Mevel in my purist as well.

Rolland and Burghart catching up the leaders. Thinking he must be going for a win as there are only 2 points for the cat 3.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Current break is
Peter Sagan (Cannondale), Markel Irizar (Radioshack), Pierrick Fédrigo and Jeremy Roy (FDJ.fr), Christophe Riblon (Ag2r-La Mondiale), Alberto Losada (Katusha), Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-Quick Step), Daryl Impey (Orica-GreenEdge), Wouter Poels (Vacansoleil) and Julien El Fares (Sojasun).

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

After my massive score of -6 yesterday!! i've played safe-ish!?

Froome
Mollema
Ten dam
Navarro
Cunego(punt)
Quintana
Mederel (must go on break today surely?)
Willems
Bonnet
Dropped nearly 400 places in 2 days so no risks and just try to claw back some pride.
May not touch my team till after alp duez?  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm, am I the only one who's gone for Pinot?

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Hmmm, am I the only one who's gone for Pinot?

I fancied Pinot due to the lack of a descent, but my original plan was to bring in Voeckler yesterday, thinking he'd go for it on one of the three days (yesterday, today or Tuesday) so decided to stick with that plan and put a quid on Pinot at 50/1 instead! Had Voeckler been in the break yesterday I'd already decided I'd swap him for Pinot or Rolland today.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

oh yeh Alp d'Huez is the stage for Rolland, for my team anyway

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone this

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Fuglsang (as much with tuesday in mind)
Ten Dam
Hoogerland
Fischer
Mederal

Will use all 4 transfers we get for tuesday as I think the top 5 will contain riders similar to a previous stage so will take a risk on that  39 It may leave me a tad vulnerable for the ITT, but I think its a difficult one to predict.

As for rcuk, I was gonna bring in froome today, but didn't wanna have to take him out again for Sagan on tuesday, so he will come in for Wednesday and then my team is set until the end, with 3 transfers for the last stage

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive gone this

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Ten Dam
Hoogerland
Fischer
Mederal

Will use all 4 transfers we get for tuesday as I think the top 5 will contain riders similar to a previous stage so will take a risk on that  39 It may leave me a tad vulnerable for the ITT, but I think its a difficult one to predict.

As for rcuk, I was gonna bring in froome today, but didn't wanna have to take him out again for Sagan on tuesday, so he will come in for Wednesday and then my team is set until the end, with 3 transfers for the last stage

As I thought Mollema instead of Rolland and I've got Nieve and Kadri over Fuglsang. Might go with the latter on Tuesday, maybe D Martin or someone else as well leaving 4 for the ITT.

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive gone this

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Ten Dam
Hoogerland
Fischer
Mederal

Thinking of the stage Sagan won no doubt?

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive gone this

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Ten Dam
Hoogerland
Fischer
Mederal

Thinking of the stage Sagan won no doubt?

Nope actually he came 2nd

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gone for,

Christopher Froome
Bauke Mollema
Daniel Martin
Julien El Fares
Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas
Daniel Navarro Garcia
Murilo Antonio Fischer
Maxime Mederel

El Fares and Mederel for the break today and i've got a feeling Martin will do well.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

QUINTANA
FUGLSANG
KWIATOWSKI
SCHLECK
SERPA
NAVARRO
NIEVE
MOLLEMA
FISCHER

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

QUINTANA
FUGLSANG
KWIATOWSKI
SCHLECK
SERPA
NAVARRO
NIEVE
MOLLEMA
FISCHER

That's a pretty nice team for today...

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hoping it's a big GC day

Christopher Froome (SKY)
Alberto Contador (SAX)
Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (MOV)
Roman Kreuziger (SAX)
John Gadret (ALM)
Murilo Antonio Fischer (FDJ)
Christophe Le Mevel (COF)
William Bonnet (FDJ)

Really hope it's not a break day!

I think I can pretty much stick with the core of my team now for the rest of the week, the odd break transfer for mountain points and I should have at least 6 by Sunday to get the sprinters back in.

By the looks of it, the 6 ahead of me have gone GC too, only one has Rolland so hope he doesn't do anything today.

Best result for me is a Contador Kreuziger 1-2 but doubt that will happen.

enrique replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Christopher Froome (SKY)
Alberto Contador (SAX)
Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (MOV)
Roman Kreuziger (SAX)
John Gadret (ALM)
Murilo Antonio Fischer (FDJ)
Christophe Le Mevel (COF)
William Bonnet (FDJ)

... I think I can pretty much stick with the core of my team now for the rest of the week... I should have at least 6 by Sunday to get the sprinters back in...

Really nice strategy and it just might work! Saw you came up one spot today and that the 5 users above you are all Standard! You might just pull it off! Wow!  39

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Crazy day yesterday, 6 points for my standard team but 34th on the stage for my purists (and my RCUK team closed the gap as well with Talansky and Garcia).

Have very much a risky breakaway team, which is not the right tactic for today imo, but could pay dividends tomorrow. Expecting to drop off a bit if I'm honest - but I enjoy the game more when I'm chasing those breakaways!

Froome
Quintana
Voeckler
Navarro
Lutsenko
Nieve
El Fares
Le Mevel
Hoogerland

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Crazy day yesterday, 6 points for my standard team but 34th on the stage for my purists (and my RCUK team closed the gap as well with Talansky and Garcia).

Have very much a risky breakaway team, which is not the right tactic for today imo, but could pay dividends tomorrow. Expecting to drop off a bit if I'm honest - but I enjoy the game more when I'm chasing those breakaways!

Froome
Quintana
Voeckler
Navarro
Lutsenko
Nieve
El Fares
Le Mevel
Hoogerland

I don't think many people will have Voeckler so if it comes off you could win the stage. It is the kind of stage he could go for, mind you, if he has the legs which I don't think he has. Any breakaway will have to be very strong to hold off the GC today I think, but there is a tailwind which will help them.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Emptied the transfer bank today with 5(no penalties)

---------------------------------------------------------
Out:Sagan,Kittel,DuMoulin,Kristoff and Kwiatkowski(not sure about Kwia).
In:Froome,Quintana,Peraud,Schleck,Rolland

They join:Gadret,Hoogerland,Fischer,Serpa

I'm already kind of wishing I'd kept Kwiatkowski as I reckon he could win the lumpy TT but Bastille Day made me go for Rolland.

Alan Tullett replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Emptied the transfer bank today with 5(no penalties)

Out:Sagan,Kittel,DuMoulin,Kristoff and Kwiatkowski(not sure about Kwia).
In:Froome,Quintana,Peraud,Schleck,Rolland

They join:Gadret,Hoogerland,Fischer,Serpa

I'm already kind of wishing I'd kept Kwiatkowski as I reckon he could win the lumpy TT but Bastille Day made me go for Rolland.

Not sure about Schleck yet. Might put him in on a gamble later. Tried Serpa in the Pyrenees but I don't think he's got the legs anymore but would love to be proved wrong.

There's 6 transfers before the ITT so plenty of time to bring Kwia back. Doubt if he'll score much today.

Gone Froome, Quintana, Rolland, Ten Dam, Nieve and Kadri (more for 16 than today but might go in the break early to get some mountain points, not sure about any other rider in that price range). Rolland probably won't do anything today after all, maybe Alpe d'Huez, but he needs some HC summit finish points somewhere to win the polka dots otherwise Froome, Quintana or Mollema will catch him up.

Wind today 15mph from the north so a tailwind until Mont Ventoux when it may cause problems.

Pages

Latest Comments