Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 15 - MONT VENTOUX-

Well after a lot of indecision and several attempts, I have finally settled on my line up for the battle up Mont Ventoux.
I have taken a 10 point penalty but realistically got 8 riders who can score...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

105 comments

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,9 plus points for Rolland and El Fares. With GC and mountain table points should be pretty good.

Purist: 1, 2, 15

Cycling News 1,2,3,5,8,9,13,19. Good start to my big week there.

Roaduk 1, 2, 8, 9. Gives me a better idea for the last few transfers I've got there.

0 likes

Froome
Quintana
Nieve
Purito
Kreuziger
Contador
Fuglsang
Mollema
Ten Dam
Peraud
De Clerq
Rogers
Valverde
Martin
Porte
Moreno
Gesink
Kwia
Bardet
Monfort

0 likes

Chavanal got combativity.

Now for a ride with my wife. A fantasy cycling widow.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,5,6 not sure if that's good enough as a few ahead of me have Nieve  2

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3 plus a couple of other odd scraps of points. Not bad, but I should've let head rule heart and put in the the two Belkin boys rather than my patriotic punts on Rolland and Bardet.

Rest day next, will need a bit of time to think through the next stage's picks.

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oooooooooohh.....1,2,3,8 and a few points from El Fares! And I have 5 riders in place for Stage 16. Coolio  16

0 likes

Lobato is lanterne rouge. Bonnet 3rd last!

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hivert was last home, 17 mins after Lobato

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone know Froome's climb time and where it ranks among previous Ventoux ascents?

Pretty good day for me with 1,3,8,10 but feeling a bit stupid for not shoehorning Quintana into my squad.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Couldn't make my mind up between Ten Dam / Krueziger and Martin / Navarro. Plumped for Martin / Navarro - how wrong can you get  2

Never mind the main man won  4

enrique replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Yes!! Even enrique!! Mind you he'd probably tell us what happened two years ago!

ray silvester wrote:

Only the events that suited him though....  3

Can't help but live up to the expectations...

On this day in the forum in 2011, Dave was busy answering my favorite type of question in a very straightforward way  3

Gkam84 wrote:

So dave, how many Bozic fans today then?...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

60 Bozic fanciers today  1

Sammy Sanchez won on Luz Ardiden, Voeckler was in yellow, Hoogerland lost his polka dot jersey to Sammy Sanchez, Gesink cracked, and Contador lost some time  3

enrique replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Bet Quintana's killing himself for soft-pedalling the ITT (under team orders of course!).

Why do you get the impression he soft-pedalled? Being the No. 2 man on the team, back then, I don't think they would have asked him to do that  39

Alan Tullett replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

1,2,3 plus a couple of other odd scraps of points. Not bad, but I should've let head rule heart and put in the the two Belkin boys rather than my patriotic punts on Rolland and Bardet.

Rest day next, will need a bit of time to think through the next stage's picks.

Went for Rolland. More for Tues. than today, but put in Ten Dam as a cheap version of Mollema. If I'd gone Mollema could have won the stage with El Fares 3 points as I think 12389 is the best team possible given the points.

enrique replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Chavanal got combativity..

Alan Tullett wrote:

Now for a ride with my wife. A fantasy cycling widow.

Heh heh!  1

dave atkinson replied to chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes
chokofingrz wrote:

Anyone know Froome's climb time and where it ranks among previous Ventoux ascents?

it was fast, but not super-fast, judging by what people are saying on twitter. 49 mins or so

Alan Tullett replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Hivert was last home, 17 mins after Lobato

You're right. But will he have made the time cut? That'd be 10 for my 3 Frenchmen, which is probably more than for Pinot.

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
live.cyclingnews.com wrote:

... Andy Schleck has cracked and been dropped...

Crap!  20

Alan Tullett replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:

Bet Quintana's killing himself for soft-pedalling the ITT (under team orders of course!).

Why do you get the impression he soft-pedalled? Being the No. 2 man on the team, back then, I don't think they would have asked him to do that  39

I think they didn't want a Froome/Wiggins kind of debate. But a minute behind Serpa after what he's shown today. I don't think that's lack of talent or energy. It backfired though but he could still get second and the white jersey and I think we'll see a different IT performance on Wed. (PS I had in my team that day, that's why I'm sore about it. Of course I can't prove I'm right.)

Alan Tullett replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
chokofingrz wrote:

it was fast, but not super-fast, judging by what people are saying on twitter. 49 mins or so

55 is the record, they said on Eurosport on an IT stage in the CdD.

dave atkinson replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:
chokofingrz wrote:

55 is the record, they said on Eurosport on an IT stage in the CdD.

sub-46 is the record, Iban Mayo. Pantani did it in 46 which is the fastest non-TT time i think

Alan Tullett replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:

Yes!! Even enrique!! Mind you he'd probably tell us what happened two years ago!

ray silvester wrote:

Only the events that suited him though....  3

Can't help but live up to the expectations...

On this day in the forum in 2011, Dave was busy answering my favorite type of question in a very straightforward way  3

Gkam84 wrote:

So dave, how many Bozic fans today then?...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

60 Bozic fanciers today  1

Sammy Sanchez won on Luz Ardiden, Voeckler was in yellow, Hoogerland lost his polka dot jersey to Sammy Sanchez, Gesink cracked, and Contador lost some time  3

Pity Sammy isn't here today. Hope Contador doesn't do well. He's the main rider I haven't got in any of my myriad teams.

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

... Gesink cracked...  3

Hmmm.. history repeats itself!  1

0 likes

0 likes

Now the commentator tells us El Fares is in the break. God! Anyone of us could do a better job!!

ray silvester replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Now the commentator tells us El Fares is in the break. God! Anyone of us could do a better job!!

even enrique?

0 likes

Cut the chat! I want men in funny clothes! They're trying to turn this into a footie program.

0 likes

Live action!! Not a bloody football commentator!! With bad puns!

0 likes

Someone in the break will get a few points but not El Fares after all. At least he got 1 cat 4. It's better than 0.

ray silvester replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Someone in the break will get a few points but not El Fares after all. At least he got 1 cat 4. It's better than 0.

3 fantsy pts.....more than Fischer's got all bleedin' tour!!

0 likes

Peloton 3 mins back but might not catch them before the summit but Europcar definitely want to do something today. Wish Eurosport would show some live stuff a bit quicker.

Pages

Latest Comments