Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eurosport app

Has anyone used the Eurosport app? It'd be good to be able to watch the TdF etc on my phone or iPad when I'm out and about. What's the reliability like (especially compared with the dodgy pirate feeds)?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

PJ McNally | 10 years ago
0 likes

Orange have a service called "Mobile TV", one of their "Swapable" options. Gets me Eurosport, bundled with a (£12 a month) smartphone contract.

Then if you're really keen to have it on a bigger screen, you can put it on there with a bit of tinkering:

http://triptogenetica.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/android-tethering-orange-pa...

I really like having it on the phone, can carry it with me as i do the housework.

kamoshika | 10 years ago
0 likes

I signed up to be able to watch the giro on our smart TV, which works great except that the schedule is always wrong so it's hard to check what's on when. I also use on my PC which works really well, and despite it saying on their website and during the sign up process that the accounts for the android app require a separate subscription, I'm able to watch on my phone too. Really happy with it. Doesn't always work 100% reliably but we'll enough to be worth the £3/month

pjay | 10 years ago
0 likes

One single £2.99/month subscription now allows you to use it on a computer, two iOS devices and a smart TV.

Nzlucas | 10 years ago
0 likes

I use it on ihpne on the go/at work and AirPlay to my appleTV at home. At £3.99 it's pretty good value and the feed is the same as Eurosport on sky. Down side is you can only have it on your iPhone or ipad and its a pain to switch. Basically the the reason of the cost of subscription is that it limits you to the one device.

I make sure I am on wifi but have never had a problem with 3G either I just don't want to chew up my data allowance.

Worth the money IMHO

Cheers

Update: I experience the same loop but tends to be when I just start the app. Must be something to do with buffer or something. Not a big deal for me in the grand scheme

Simon_MacMichael | 10 years ago
0 likes

Opinion split here at road.cc. I love it (and watch most stages on it on the iPad, which leaves laptop free). Tony, on the other hand, hates it.

User experience does seem to vary. A couple of times today the picture froze, so I came out of app and restarted it, miss 30 secs racing or so.

One annoying thing... sometimes it seems to randomly loop pics and commentary, so you get Carlton taking about a chateau or Sean saying there's torty-tree kilometres left or something, and a few moments later, they're saying it all again.

Well worth £3.99 or whatever a month IMO though.

Latest Comments