Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 14

Pity I couldn't watch the race live yesterday. Work really does get in the way sometimes  20

Not having Cav has cost me about 70 points so any lingering hope for the overall has been blown away like Valverde. Glad to see that Quintana will be their main rider now. I think he deliberately soft-pedalled the ITT to save himself to help Valverde (how else can you explain him being a minute behind Serpa!!), but that strategy has been blown apart now. Doubt if he can win but he can probably get a podium spot. Got a soft spot for Columbians as I teach a lot of them and they're very nice.

God knows what'll happen today. Good day for Cannondale to blow the peloton apart but with Sagan so far in the lead I'm not sure they'll be bothered. Haven't made any changes but probably be something like Sagan Degenkolb and Bennati up there. Maybe Impey, Kwiatowsky unless the GC battle takes over and then it's anyone's guess.

Purist team doing ok: Froome, Porte, Quintana and Sagan. Quite near the top with the mountains to come. I hope Porte gets back his legs. 2nd in the roadcc forum on Roaduk and my Cycling News team is doing fine with my bonus stage to come (Alpe d'Huez - another stage I can't watch live - unless I have a mystery illness). Good chance of a decent prize there.

Have to go for a stage win on the overall now but a mini-pump doesn't really do it for me compared to the Bryton I won last year  3

Team same as yesterday as a bunch sprint is also a possibility. Come on Greipel, Bonnet, Lobato et al!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

24 comments

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Glad I put Kadri in, otherwise would've been a laughably low score. For tomorrow, who knows? So many riders will fancy it.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

-6 for me  24

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ha! A laughable 55 points today (half thanks to Simon) and I get green arrows!

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Purist 31
Standard 11 (must be the lowest score I've ever had in the Tour I think).

At least my purist is doing ok. Actually for that team it was good that the sprinters got nothing today so as that's the only team I have here with a chance of winning anything I should be happy, really.

0 likes

Damn! Top 2 in Cycling News mini-league have Rojas. Not too many points though but I didn't need that.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

could Bak see me back in the top 10 overall  16

Thought about bakelandts,voight and vichot today but didn't have the balls to but all of them in

0 likes

Trentin, Alabsini, Talansky Rojas

0 likes

Simon fading. Burghart, Albasini, Geschke

0 likes

I think at the moment I have 8 points but it doesn't matter as I'm just chasing wins in the mountains now.

0 likes

I hope Rojas doesn't do well as some other teams in Cycling News have him but I don't.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

I hope Rojas doesn't do well as some other teams in Cycling News have him but I don't.

I hope he doesn't as some teams on here will have him in a sprinter too.

Bad day for my RCUK team as well

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:

I hope he doesn't as some teams on here will have him in a sprinter too.

Bad day for my RCUK team as well

I don't think anyone has anyone in this break much. My team for the last week will be made later tonight. It's a bit more GC than yours with a few cheap sprinters for the last day.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Actually hoping Tejay wins

If Hoogerland can come in 19th that would be another 2 points.....Im desperate haha

0 likes

No, Vichot is not chasing. Simon by himself. Now Kadri goes.

0 likes

Shocker of a day for me! at least I will get 9 for Mollema, 5 for Fuglsang, 5 for Sagan and 4 for Cav buts that about it.

And there goes my chances in the forum scorum league as rcorbin has Bak  20

It has Rojas win written all over it

0 likes

Simon off with Vichot chasing. Maybe the French have gone a day early.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

My current tally is 48 from the stage so effectively that covers my 5 transfers and I haven't lost any points from my sprinters because they couldn't contest the intermediate sprint.

Hoping for a Back/Bakelandts win now to round off a good day.

Will need four transfers for tomorrow though including two penalties.

0 likes

Just stuffed myself with barbecued food and salad and red wine. Now I can settle down to watch someone I haven't got win in the break. Still I've got 6 transfers for tomorrow although I'll probably only use 5 and keep saving transfers to try different combos for a stage win. Vichot could win this.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Five changes

Sagan
Gilbert (for Cav)
Bakelandts (for Greipel)
Bak (for Kittel)
De Gendt (for D Van Poppel)
Voigt (for Gutierrez)
Mederel
El Fares
Fischer

Three in the break and De Gendt can stay for tomorrow. Disappointed no Gilbert in there though.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Damn it i considered Bak, Albisini and Voigt but didn't bother. plus i dropped jj rojas  20 15 points up the swanny  31

went a big classics style today

Sagan
Gerrans
Flecha
Gilbert
Navarro
Bonnet
Quitana
Mederel
Willems

oh well shit happens  47

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Aargh. Why didn't I go for someone whose name begins with Bak?

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Put Bak, Contador and Quintana today. Sagan and Lobato left if its a sprint.
3 transfers for tomorrow

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

No changes to ensure 5 transfers for Ventoux

Sagan
Kittel
Kwiatkowski
S.Dumoulin
Kristoff
Fischer
Gadret
Serpa
Hoogerland

The first five of those are coming out tomorrow for the climbers/GC guys looking for stage wins/badges from here on in.

0 likes

Hoping for similar to yesterday to be honest, as ive made a few changes with today and tomorrow in mind, but safety wise with GC points. Wanted Hoogerland in the break, but no luck  20

Sagan
Cav
Bonnet
Mollema (for Greipel)
Fuglsang (for Kittel)
Hoogerland (for Noval, Greyed out)
Mederal
Fischer
Greyed out

Latest Comments