Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Stage 13

Anyone made any changes? I expect not.

Gone

Sagan
Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Lobato
Bonnet
DvP

Please no crashes today. Could get a stage win if all goes well and one of my riders goes on a break! Probably just drop a little more. Two annoying days; could do with a good one. Looking out for Impey as well as he's a key rider on my Cycling News team, (everyone has the same big 5 on that one).

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

28 comments

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Last french man to win on Bastille day was Moncoutie in 2005....  39  26

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm going to put it out there and say that a Frenchman will NOT win on Ventoux.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

well gone 4 for the break, 2 of which might fancy Bastille Day instead. Then add a couple more frenchies on sunday!
Looking forward to 2moro, should be a bit more open with the team choices, what with all this break speculation.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Picked five for the break, half regret it but figured I'd just throw caution to the wind. Any one of my guys could win and I could feasibly get all five in a super break or just as likely I could get nothing.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Made all my changes for Bastille Day and forgetting about tomorrow as i haven't got a clue who to pick.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

No idea about tomorrow. Planned to leave it as is but I can't see it being a sprint finish so I'd be relying on Sagan plus a few intermediate sprint points, problem is I can see a large break going and there being no sprint points available.

Might chase the break  39

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well trying to play this game whilst enjoying my cycling in the alps is killing my chances so I've made 3 changes for tomorrow based on
a) the profile
b) today's carnage
c) what the locals are saying about tomorrows stage ....

Let's hope it all pays off as otherwise I'm resting my hopes on the vuelta when I'll have more time to check things  7

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,15,17 for me plus int points. Hopefully push back towards to the top 10.

Now the questions, to transfer or not to transfer?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Surprisingly good day, 137 thanks to the intermediate sprint and Cav's most combative prize, finally squeaked into the top 100 too. Gap to first is about 240 points so my aim for the rest of the tour is to close that as much as I can. Top 20 is 80 points ahead and hopefully within reach.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got 1 and 2, which should not be too bad as plenty of teams will have either Sagan or Cav and Greipel won the IMS so not too bad, bonnet 17th too

0 likes

wow, not that good for fantasy, just 1,2. But what an interesting race!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Good win for Cav, probably not how he expected at the start of the day but doubt he'll be bothered.

1 and 2 and that's it, lots of low scores today. Reckon stage winner will be a purist team with Contador, Mollema, Fuglsang and one of Sagan/Cav.

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Chavenal and Terpstra with Cavs, Bodnar with Sagan and Bennetti in the front group too, looks like it's between those three for the stage.

0 likes

Brilliant day! Paxobank stuffing it to Sky, but Cavs and the Tourminator made it to a breakaway of 12 or so who now have 30 secs with Valverde group now almost 5 mins behind.

0 likes

yea all go today, cav n sagan still in front group

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

blimey.following on twittersphere- chaoes in the crosswinds! now froome dropped, 10 sec down on mollema/contador. someone give me a telly!!

0 likes

Valverde/Kittel group down over two minutes now with 35km to go Porte blown out of front group Goss,Van Poppel and Wouts didn't make the front group, Moviestar chewed up a lot of riders trying to make back the gap, they only have Quintana in the first group.

0 likes

Everyone will have Kittel so not too disappointed myself althouth I have him in my purist team too.  20
Costa is with Valverde that is not good and they are over a minute down now.

0 likes

Crosswinds!
Valverde and Kittel dropped. lots of fun on the Tours most boring stage!  3

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

unch for me too. hoping greipel/bonnet/dvp make it to the sprint today!!

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

french break on bastille day is a nailed on cert, surely... probably a good chance it'll stay out too. there's no need for the GC teams to reel it in if everyone up the road is an hour down

ray silvester replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

french break on bastille day is a nailed on cert, surely... probably a good chance it'll stay out too. there's no need for the GC teams to reel it in if everyone up the road is an hour down

Bastille Day falls on the 14th though Boss?

apologies....I now see the context of your statement LOL

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm... was tempted to swap in Greipel in place of Cavendish, but in the end they're of a muchness, might as well save the transfer.

Speaking of transfers, any any thoughts for tomorrow? Looks fairly sprinty for a MM, will defo leave Sagan in. Otherwise, might look for French riders in the 8-15 range who might fancy a break either tomorrow or in the long run-up to Ventoux on Sunday.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Still Sagan/Greipel/Kittel/Kristoff/Dumoulin/Bonnet for me.

0 likes

Yea no changes for me today either

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Same as yesterday Sagan, Cav, Greipel, Kittel and Bonnet

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I stupidly did tarnsfers late last night a day too early  20 dropping Cav and Kittel  31 but luckily i brought in Sagan so not a total bust.

Sagan
Griepel
Kristoff
JJ Rojas
DVP
Bonnet
Willems
Mederel
Navarro(for the weekend)

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, not much happening today, should be high-scoring for everyone, hoping for someone in the break or it'll be no more than an average day.

Have a risky transfer lined up for tomorrow, so hoping he's not in the break today...

Can't wait for Ventoux, that's when the fun really starts. We'll all have banked transfers, and get extra ones after the rest day too, so lots of potential for risk-taking and lots of different teams in the final week.

Latest Comments