Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TDF Stage Twelve...

Ok, getting in early doors as am out riding in the AM.

I'm going flat out (as it were) for a bunch sprint. My team (from memory, I'm doing this from me mobile) are:

Sagan
Cav
Kittel
Willems
D. Van Poppel
Lobato
Bonnet
El Fares
Kristoff

So a big hedge on Greipel not winning the stage. I happen to think this one's for Cavendish - but what about youse lot?!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

43 comments

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not bad, but subtract fifty points for my transfers and you end up with a far more modest score. Still, no changes tomorrow.

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Greipel rolled in 33rd, so presumably not hurt

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I don't think Greipel actually hit the deck based on when he crossed the line, but I could be wrong

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3 and that's it. Greipel down in 33rd, Van Poppel 168th, possibly held up by the crash.

I'd banked on a repeat of Tuesday with the top four fighting it out but hopefully those who had Kristoff/Ferrari/Rojas will have had them in place of Cavendish or Sagan and not Greipel.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I make that 131 points for me, top 3 on the stage, 6,7,8 at the inter sprint and top 4 in the green jersey.

Not sure how that'll stack up, might not jump as many places as I hoped.

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sprints require luck.

Mountains require judgement.

Bring on the mountains.

Alan Tullett replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Yesterday's deadline fiasco(my fault....I know!!)has left me with a TT team for the sprints and I'm loathe to make it worse with penalties so:

Froome
Kwiatkowski
Kristoff
S.DuMoulin
Kittel
Serpa
Hoogerland
Gadret
Fischer

It actually doesn't look that bad if you look at it long enough LOL

Didn't do too bad, did it?

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I make that 131 points for me, top 3 on the stage, 6,7,8 at the inter sprint and top 4 in the green jersey.

Not sure how that'll stack up, might not jump as many places as I hoped.

That will be the same for me - 30 penalty points  20  39

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,4,9 (roadcc) not so great. A crash was the last thing I wanted.

Same for roaduk. Won't win anything there like that.

Cycling News 1-4,6 (hooray - kept Impey)!! Plus even Froome and Valverde picked up some points in a sprint. Best chance of a prize this year.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Greipel was behind the crash and swerved to avoid it, so isn't hurt - not sure about his teammates though.
Boasson Hagen of course looked like a collarbone problem.
Bonnet came in right near the back so he's the only other one of the sprinters that a number of us may have who may be injured as far as I can see...
EDIT - Oh yeah and DVP...

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,4 from top 10 so not bad.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Up a few places but didn't make the surge I'd hoped for. Nearly 300 points behind the leader and ready to write off the Tour.

Not sure whether to keep trying to improve my overall or whether to stage hunt. I never do well at stage hunting as in the mountains it usually comes down to picking the right combination of breakaway riders.

ray silvester replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

Yesterday's deadline fiasco(my fault....I know!!)has left me with a TT team for the sprints and I'm loathe to make it worse with penalties so:

Froome
Kwiatkowski
Kristoff
S.DuMoulin
Kittel
Serpa
Hoogerland
Gadret
Fischer

It actually doesn't look that bad if you look at it long enough LOL

Didn't do too bad, did it?

106pts today....outside the top 1000(1001st actually)......not great either!!

To be honest it's not a great deal different from what I would have had if I'd made the TT changes in time so losing the 133pts on the TT stage hurt more......missing the deadline was bad but missing it and not noticing and putting the TT'ers in was the real blunder and as i've said elsewhere ALL MY FAULT!!.

Sagan in for Froome for friday and probably no changes for saturday leaving me 5 for Mont Ventoux....and an alarm well and truly set for that.

Pages

Latest Comments