Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France - Stage 11

So 9am transfer deadline 2moro. So time to get the transfers done.
I'm going for an in and out technique ready for the following 2 flat stages, or anyone else going full ITT?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

69 comments

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,4,5 so far with 155 riders in and Froome still to ride for my team.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ummm.... 1, plus Froome. Today will not be my best day ever but I'm more set up for tomorrow and the day after.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1st check, Froome up by 1 second on Martin.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kwiatkowski should take back the White Jersey, he's put 2 minutes into Quintana today.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,6,7 ok

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Martin takes the stage, Froome second, De Gendt third. Froome put a good two minutes into all his rivals, in some cases more.

Top 20

1. MARTIN Tony
2. FROOME Christopher
3. DE GENDT Thomas
4. PORTE Richie
5. KWIATKOWSKI Michal1
6. TUFT Svein
7. CHAVANEL Sylvain
8. ROY Jérémy
9. DUMOULIN Tom1
10. CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan
11. MOLLEMA Bauke
12. TALANSKY Andrew1
13. VALVERDE Alejanro1
14. BAK Lars Ytting
15. CONTADOR Alberto
16. KREUZIGER Roman
17. SAGAN Peter
18. BODNAR Maciej
19. PÉRAUD Jean-Christophe
20. ROGERS Michael

Last man is Bazayev

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I make my total 89, happy with that seeing as I only had the two for today.

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,5,6 on my 4 TT transfers, sweet enough. very impressive by froomedog today, smashed his GC rivals, + strong by kwiatkowski to take back the white- and Sagan gets a strong 17th!! how long before we see him contend for GC's? at least 1 week long one. next year?

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,5. Disappointed by Rui Costa. Fair play to Sagan, though - very creditable 17th. Going to make all my transfers for the next three stages, save some for Ventoux.

Any had much luck getting a full-house badge this tour, yet? Always seem to have at least one rubbish DS that I can't get rid of...  26

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Full house will be really hard to get this tour because you're practically forced into having filler. Unless you get lucky and have your cheap riders in a break you're stuffed.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dave, scoring criteria says 5 point team bonus is awarded on the stage but I only got 3 points for Cav, think he needs a bonus  4

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kwiatkowski should keep white until Sunday now. Will we be seeing three sprints this week, or will they let a break go one day? Might take a penalty tomorrow, and then hopefully bank transfers til Sunday. The rest of this week is all about resisting the urge to tinker!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I am about to go and check my scores. But my stage hunting failed I think  20

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

6 people won today! Is that 6 pumps?

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

104 after a 20 point penalty, pleased with that and the main man put time into his rivals, good day all round  4

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

OK, I am taking FIVE (5) penalties for tomorrow!

Complete team re-think, that'll set me up for the next three stages (I know 14 is MM, but I reckon it'll come down to a (select) bunch sprint at the finish.

old blue eyes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do we all get a pump?!?!  4

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

No penalties tomorrow so hopefully get back into the top 10

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nope, for two winners its normally a coin toss.

For 5, it will be a coin toss competition....  19

OR, even easier for Dave, would be the roll of a dice  3

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

In the event of a tie, the following criteria, where applicable, will be used to determine the winner:

- Highest single stage score posted within the competition
- Most scoring riders on the stage
- Highest scoring individual rider on the stage
- Coin toss

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

by my reckoning that makes simonwarren007 the winner, with a score of 205 on stage 8

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I will take 8th on the stage, it will be a few penalties tomorrow though I think  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

No penalties for me, hoping to score highly and push up into the top 100.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

30 penalties for me unfortunately

dave atkinson replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Dave, scoring criteria says 5 point team bonus is awarded on the stage but I only got 3 points for Cav, think he needs a bonus  4

ah dammit. froome didn't win in the end, did he? d'oh  4

dave atkinson replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Kwiatkowski should keep white until Sunday now. Will we be seeing three sprints this week, or will they let a break go one day? Might take a penalty tomorrow, and then hopefully bank transfers til Sunday. The rest of this week is all about resisting the urge to tinker!

*exactly* that i reckon. take a hit tomorrow then leave well alone. maybe one change on sat.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,6 so far, with Chavanel and Froome to come, hopeful for my least worst TT in a while. Be interesting to see how Porte goes - he's out next...

Tejay coming in fast - its funny we all know how good he is in the TT but I bet hardly anyone picked him!
EDIT - see Tejay's fallen away - so we were right to avoid him - thought so!  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Balls, my transfers were based on the fact that Sagan and Greipel wouldn't score much today and Sagan goes and finishes 7th!? He'll get knocked down a few spots but he should still top 20  14

Dumoulin (Tom) going well, TJVG 2nd at the first check.

EDIT: Dumoulin 5th at the finish, a very good result. TJVG dropped to 14th at the second check. Porte starting soon.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I assume he's looking to get himself out there in breaks to show what he can do to potential employers seeing as Vaconsoleil looks like it'll be broken up at the end of the year. I'd say he's doing well, a great TT and a mountain stage win (assuming he gets one, which I think he'll go for on one of the big stages) basically says to other teams "look at me, I'm an all rounder, I can ride GC".

Given his previous (3rd at the 2012 Giro) I reckon he'll be snapped up in no time by someone like Belkin looking for better GC options (Gesink doesn't cut it for me).

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

De Gendt is a conundrum. I thought he was damaged goods after losing all that time in Corsica. Since then he's been in two breaks and is killing the TT.

Pages

Latest Comments