Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France - Stage 11

So 9am transfer deadline 2moro. So time to get the transfers done.
I'm going for an in and out technique ready for the following 2 flat stages, or anyone else going full ITT?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

69 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

13:34:28 CEST
Tony Maetin covered the 33km course at an average speed of 543km/h. With the breeze picking up, that will be a tough time for anyone to beat.

WOW! that is fast!

0 likes
Quote:

13:40:32 CEST
Sadly there are confirmed reports that roadside spectators have thrown urine at Mark Cavendish during his time trial. We'll try and find out more.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

De Gendt currently fastest at the second check (until Martin arrives). Looks like he could have been a good pick today.

EDIT: Martin 39" up on De Gendt at the second check and totally smashing it. Can't see anyone beating his time today.

0 likes

Martin 22 seconds ahead 1st checkpoint

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

BOOM! totally overcooked the first section going out way too fast, he's now 48" behind Tuft at the second checkpoint.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lars BOOM! is just ahead of Tuft at the first check (by less than a second), Martin setting off shortly.

Current top 10:

1.TUFT S. OGE in 38' 04''
2.WESTRA L. VCD in 39' 06'' at 1' 02''
3.BAUER J. GRS in 39' 46'' at 1' 42''
4.TIMMER A. ARG in 40' 06'' at 2' 02''
5.STANNARD I. SKY in 40' 07'' at 2' 03''
6.THOMAS G. SKY in 40' 09'' at 2' 05''
7.LANCASTER B. OGE in 40' 22'' at 2' 18''
8.MEYER C. OGE in 40' 25'' at 2' 21''
9.TERPSTRA N. OPQ in 40' 28'' at 2' 24''
10.REZA K. EUC in 40' 30'' at 2' 26''

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Tuft still the man to beat, a full minute ahead of everyone else. Doubt anyone will beat that for another hour or so when Navardauskas, De Gendt and Martin all start one after the other.

Terpstra on course and 23" back at the first check, Meyer another 20" behind that

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Westra was never going to perform today after being in the break yesterday...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

My favourite mid-tour stats are usually based on the distance one rider would be behind another based on time:

Quote:

Murayev effectively 82.5km behind Froome...
After 1,710km of racing, the overall leader Chris Froome (SKY) has an advantage of two hours, one minute and 13 seconds over the rider in 182nd place, Murayev (AST). Converted to distance that's a difference of 82.5km.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Good time from tuft, I think that should end up in the top 10 (which will make bringing him in worth it as I will need a 10 point penalty to axe him tomorrow)

Anyway off to work I go

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Tuft 38:04 - over a minute ahead of Westra - pretty good sign...

Tony M knows what he has to beat though, which should help. Hoping Chavanel is going to blitz it too, he seemed to have some decent form last week...

0 likes

Unlucky Ray! TTs often start early in Grand Tours - so many riders to get through I guess. 180 guys at 2-minute intervals equals 6 hours plus the time it takes the last man to finish. And they have the tide to worry about today!

I did mention it on the thread yesterday (as I missed the deadline in a TT earlier in the season), but I know my posts are normally so boring that everyone skips over them  3

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

There was an email sent out yesterday to make absolutely everyone was aware...

Anyway, 180 riders at two minute intervals (3 for the top guys) means you need 6.5 - 7 hours to cover the starts plus the 30 minute ride. If you're finishing at around 5pm CET you need to start at 10:30am CET (10am UK time) just to fit them all in.

Tuft off to a flyer, Westra 8" down at the first check, Thomas lagging way behind (47") and clearly taking it easy.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

For the record I WOULD have had

Martin
Froome
Kwia
Tuft
Serpa
Gadret
Kittel
Hoogerland
Fischer

How come the ITT is starting so early......they always go off later don't they.....and why was I not personally informed.....and why am I such a numpty?

captain_slog replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

...and why was I not personally informed...

Dave did call round but you were out.

dave atkinson replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

and why was I not personally informed

i did send an email out to everyone. you read that, right?  1

ray silvester replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

and why was I not personally informed

i did send an email out to everyone. you read that, right?  1

I was only 'pulling your puddin' Boss LOL

The game sends e-mails to my work e-mail which I registered under and as I start at 7am it's normally my first hours 'work' to pick my team.....but had tuesday and wednesday off and that's where it all went wrong.

Oh well that's 133 pts I'll never see again(would have been good enough for 61st on the stage)....That'll teach me!!!

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've absolutely blown it......made my 4 TT changes AFTER the deadline(still sleepy from a well deserved lie-in) and now have a TT team for tomorrows sprint and a sprinters team for today's TT.

What a numpty!!

0 likes

And they're off! Tuft and Westra already on the road, so my optimism about today could be very short-lived if Westra goes faster...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just a note on Porte, he finished outside of the main peloton yesterday at 1'40 down. I think he's easing off now and saving himself to help Froome later in the Tour rather than trying to make his way back up the standings.

Either way, not sure he's going to be going full gas today.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Froome
Martin

Cavendish
Kittel
DVP
El Fares
Fischer
Mederel
Gutierrez (DNS)

As I said before, figured it wasn't worth making any penalty transfers because I can't see many riders as being guaranteed at least 25 points (penalty in, penalty out and points for Kittel/Cav in the green jersey comp) to make penalty transfers worthwhile.

Tomorrow it'll be Froome/Martin out, Sagan and Greipel back in.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

A most pleasing day yesterday. Taken penalties for today.

Froome
Tuft
Westra
Panzerwagon
Monfort
Quintana
Oroz
Mederel
Willems

Penalties again tomorrow then save for Saturday/Sunday

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Took my eye off the ball over the weekend. Wrote yesterday off with a view to getting back on track today, so:

Froome
Chavanel
T Martin
Porte
Tuft
Lobato
Mederel
Fischer
Bono

0 likes

Froome
Tony Martin
Chavanel (over Porte, which I'll probably regret)
Castroviejo
Tuft
Kittel for tomorrow
Le Mevel, El Fares, Hoogerland
(1 penalty)

The respective demises of Malori, Kessiakoff and Kiryienka has at least made it slightly less complicated today to pick a team - checked the odds on Paddy Power and all my top 5 are in their top 7 favourites, which is slightly reassuring, if fairly meaningless...

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Only got the four possible TT scorers...

C.Froome
Rui Costa
J.Castroviejo
T.Martin

Tweaking starts for the mountains tomorrow.. Just a nightmare of a Tour for me so far..

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

My TT men are Martin, Kwia, EBH, Castro, Bauer. I resisted more transfers because my predictions never fare very well on these stages.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Martin
Kwiatkowski
Froome
Mollema
Tuft
Mederel
Fischer

Noval
Gutierrez

Will use my 2 transfers and take the punt on penalties for stage 12 so I can save up for the mountains then, as should have used my transfers today and brought in Cav and Kittel and then gone for penalties, but didnt and paid the price. Catching up again!

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

you stage hunting, gkam?  4

Gkam84 replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

you stage hunting, gkam?  4

Indeed, I could really use a new pump, my little one has followed my track pump in the last few days and blown the seals. I have one of those 2 head things with presta and schrader on the same head

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've got Froome, Quintana (we'll see - he's got more table points(11) and incentive than Kwia (4) but I might be wrong here - I reckon he'll go up 2 or 3 places in GC as well adding to his table points), Tuft. Left in some cheap sprinters and Greipel rather than Cav as unsure about T Martin. Two sprinters back tomorrow. Thinking about a penalty for Bonnet over Tuft and go for a stage win on Friday.

Pages

Latest Comments