Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De France - Stage 10

So first set of mountains are behind us, and boy were they fun!
Now for a few more flats and an ITT

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Shocking for my team is the simple answer, nevermind aye

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was watching most of the last 30 and I didn't see anything though I did have the sound muted for a while. Well, it's done now. His points allow me to get a better sprint team than if I go with Castroviejo and don't want to sub him out straight away to save transfers. Not sure I'm going to risk a pen for Bonnet. Prefer to save transfers than go for really risky ones. Lobato got nothing today but that was partly Cav's fault but he's got 2/3 more throws of the dice.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

He crashed with 15ish km to go and rolled in over 8mins down! hope he's ok for tomorrow

was it not a mechanical?

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, I've gone and made another two penalty transfers for tomorrow. I'm following a good feeling I've got about a couple of riders (and not Froome or T. Martin, before you ask).

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think Tuft is last man so i should have 181  4

chrisdstripes replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Dammit I could've brought Tuft in a day early too but thought it wise to keep a transfer just in case someone dropped out...

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

Dammit I could've brought Tuft in a day early too but thought it wise to keep a transfer just in case someone dropped out...

Saving himself, eh! Was in my provisional team and now probably going in. One way to get rid of my dead rider and there's another cheapie I can bring in to replace him. El Fares even scored 5 points! Maybe he'll get some more. I don't like dead wood in my teams. Has anyone had a full house yet?

livestrongnick replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

Saving himself, eh! Was in my provisional team and now probably going in. One way to get rid of my dead rider and there's another cheapie I can bring in to replace him. El Fares even scored 5 points! Maybe he'll get some more. I don't like dead wood in my teams. Has anyone had a full house yet?

He crashed with 15ish km to go and rolled in over 8mins down! hope he's ok for tomorrow  39

livestrongnick replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

oops bad maths on my part 161 not 181, although 181 was stage win.

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

I just heard Mark Cavendish talking about "Veelers' Wheel" in his post-race interview... is that a shoutout to Wig_Billy's fantasy team?!!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I make my total 150 (170 less 20 penalty points) so I'm pretty happy.

Will make a change or two tonight to bring in the main TTers then swap back for Thursday. Tempted to save transfers and have 10 for Ventoux on Sunday but that'd just annoy enrique  19

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got 1,2,3,6,16 (minus 20 point penalty).

Nearly picked Bonnet yesterday but thought I'd save myself the points. Also should've gone Van Poppel over Lobato (though bit of 'unluck' there). Now, whether to skim over tomorrow with the aim of more flat points the day after?

Brilliantly I'm off work for the rest of the week and have wife's permission to watch EVERYTHING! Providing she doesn't give birth, that is, as she's due in a week (and no, son number one will NOT be named after that day's stage winner).

0 likes

Should have green arrows today as 2,3,4 have IM and table points which 1 doesn't. Hoping D van Poppel would get some IM points but Flecha has almost as many points as he does. Why?

0 likes

No, I hope he's not eliminated but both riders changed their line a fraction. Just an accident.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

1, 2, 3 hopefully. Don't think the crash was cavs fault though

0 likes

Lobato got held up by the crash. Maybe need Kittel next time as well. Have to free up some points.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The top five of the 10th stage is:

1. Marcel Kittel (GER) ARG
2. André Greipel (GER) LTB
3. Mark Cavendish (GBR) OPQ
4. Peter Sagan (SLO) CAN
5. William Bonnet (FRA) FDJ
6. Kristoff
7. Dumoulin (S)
8. Reza
9. Van Poppel (D)
10. Rojas
11. Goss
12. Henderson
13. Gene
14. Lemoine
15. Flecha
16. El Fares
17. Ferrari
18. Garcia
19. Dumoulin (T)
20. Jeannesson

Bugger, tried to force Bonnet into my team this morning but couldn't afford him without dropping Van Poppel and thought DVP would score higher.

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

The top five of the 10th stage is:

1. Marcel Kittel (GER) ARG
2. André Greipel (GER) LTB
3. Mark Cavendish (GBR) OPQ
4. Peter Sagan (SLO) CAN
5. William Bonnet (FRA) FDJ
6. Kristoff
7. Dumoulin (S)
8. Reza
9. Van Poppel (D)
10. Rojas
11. Goss
12. Henderson
13. Gene
14. Lemoine
15. Flecha
16. El Fares
17. Ferrari
18. Garcia
19. Dumoulin (T)
20. Jeannesson

Bugger, tried to force Bonnet into my team this morning but couldn't afford him without dropping Van Poppel and thought DVP would score higher.

It's the first points he's scored for a long time. Might be worth thinking about now with Bouhanni out.

drheaton replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

It's the first points he's scored for a long time. Might be worth thinking about now with Bouhanni out.

That's exactly why I'd thought of him, he should be FDJs sprinter for the rest of the race now they've lost Bouhanni, there's no one else as good left in the team.

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Good news for your purists, Cousin gets most combative

Yay! It was the tache wot won it.

0 likes

Gone

Sagan
Cav
Greipel
Lobato
D van Poppel

still have one transfer in hand. I think there are more points available today than tomorrow so brought in Sagan for Froome. Needs to come 5th or above to make a profit. Will make 2/3 transfers for the ITT; 2 expensive maybe 1 cheap.

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well I picked the wrong Sojasun guys, no surprise there.

I have got Cousin in my purists, though, a decision made doubly fortuitous by the fact that he's sporting such a stylish moustache. Is there anyone else in the peloton similarly adorned? (No, Peter, that doesn't count.)

drheaton replied to captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes
captain_slog wrote:

Well I picked the wrong Sojasun guys, no surprise there.

I have got Cousin in my purists, though, a decision made doubly fortuitous by the fact that he's sporting such a stylish moustache. Is there anyone else in the peloton similarly adorned? (No, Peter, that doesn't count.)

Good news for your purists, Cousin gets most combative.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1. Mate (COF) 15pts
2. Westra (VCD) 14pts
3. Simon (SOJ) 13pts
4. Cousin (EUC) 12pts
5. Oroz (EUS) 11pts
6. Greipel (LTB) 10pts - at 2'25"
7. Sagan (CAN) 9pts
8. Cavendish (OPQ) 8pts
9. Flecha (VCD) 7pts
10. Rojas (MOV) 6pts
11. Sabatini (CAN) 5pts
12. Bodnar (CAN) 4pts
13. De Gendt (VCD) 3pts
14. Chavanel (OPQ) 2pts
15. Stannard (SKY) 1pt

I considered Simon as a wildcard for the finish, that won't happen know but he's probably scored more points at the intermediate sprint than he'd have managed at the finish anyway!

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

So, hands up anyone else who's already been foiled in their attempts to line up with three OPQ riders tomorrow?

johnny2names replied to chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes
chokofingrz wrote:

So, hands up anyone else who's already been foiled in their attempts to line up with three OPQ riders tomorrow?

It crossed my mind  1

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Had a think and done a little bit of 'back of the envelope' maths and I reckon it's better (overall) to make transfers tonight rather than bank them over the TT.

If I keep Cav for tomorrow he'll score max 8-10 points (3-5 for points jersey plus 5 for Tony Martin if he wins), add two transfers to that (10 points each as that's the cost of making those as penalties assuming I don't save them) gives me a max cost of 30 points. If I swap him for Tony Martin then that's probably a net 5 point gain. If I swap him for Froome that's potentially higher as I get more jersey points.

If I apply this to Greipel (3-5 points for jerseys plus 20 in transfers) it's actually more beneficial as there's be no team bonus. Same applies to Sagan.

So I think I'll drop Greipel/Sagan tonight for Martin/Froome or some other combo and probably still come out 20-30 points up (at best). It's risky though, if Martin tanks or Froome doesn't top 5 I'm down on points and transfers.

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was away at the w/e and ended up not logging in at all- thus making no transfers between 8 and 9, and getting 28th place! I'm sure I would have done worse had I fiddled, so I'm delighted with the result and the extra 2 transfers. ive made 4 for today + carrying 2 over, giving me:

cav
greipel
kittel
DVP
Mollema
4 fillers

hoping for my first 1-2-3 of the tour....

0 likes

5 man break with 4:23' after 57km

OROZ
SIMON
MATE MARDONES
WESTRA
COUSIN

0 likes

4 transfers today

Cav