Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

A little help designing a Jacket

Hi,

thanks for taking a look at this, it will only take a few minutes of your time. I am currently researching into a new cycling jacket.

The idea for the jacket is to increase cycling safety when cycling at night. The concept is to use a form of fibre optics with a detachable light source. With the optics surrounding the jacket to light up the rider 360 degrees.

The initial idea would be to product a high end product that would be tight fitting and made from a lightweight wind resistant water repellant material.

If you could take a second to take a look at the attachment and let me know what your thoughts are that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
David

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Here is the slip on version I mention https://www.noxgear.com/

While I was searching for it, I also found this one which has only just come to the market

http://www.badgergears.com/index.php/badger-360-led-jacket-3/badger-360-...

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Personally I wouldn't waste you time. Until you think about these things.

How are you going to wash it with fibre optics install into the jacket?

How easy would it be to remove and replace the optics? Because they can be sensitive things and break, so if a few strand break, it will interrupt the light flowing through other parts.

THEN, research your market. Why has no-one done thing before (there is a similar slip on version). Personally, I know very few people who would wear that while cycling.

crash144019 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like a good idea. If you could include some decent ventilation and back pockets I'd certainly consider it. I work shifts so even towards the end of august find one of my rides is in darkness. Also murky weather in winter training also needs decent hi vis

Latest Comments