Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tape for muscle injuries

At the moment we are seeing a lot of athletes, tennis players and cyclists wearing the tape along arms and legs.

Having just been to the physio for a leg injury picked up at work they have advised me to get somevfor when i go out on my bike but i cant find a supplier anywhere.

Anyone know of an online dealership where i can get some.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

pdows47 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I used a pre cut shoulder tape after a crash caused a muscular spasm and minor injury. I don't know if it was actually doing anything, or a placebo, but it certainly helped with the discomfort. I suspect its psychological, but if it helps it helps

dodgy | 10 years ago
0 likes

How can tape applied longitudinally apply lateral support? Doesn't make sense to me.

chokofingrz replied to dodgy | 10 years ago
0 likes
dodgy wrote:

How can tape applied longitudinally apply lateral support? Doesn't make sense to me.

It's not for support, it's supposed to help lift the skin and soft tissues, thus promoting increased blood flow to an injured muscle. You can tape for joint support as well but that would be a different tape applied differently.

Source: I watch TV and sometimes vaguely remember things I read.

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes, it is all the rage at the Wimbledon, but does it doooo?

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I had my IT band (hip flexor) taped with 'Rock Tape ' for The Dartmoor Classic. Worked like a dream highly recomend it  4

Ragefire | 10 years ago
0 likes

There are loads of vids on YouTube on how to apply, and where. Do a search for 'KT Tape'. There are a few kinds of tape available, loads on Amazon. Recommend pre-cut, easier for getting the lengths correct.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its and arse and a half to put on, you need someone else to do it for you ideally and know which way to pull certain muscles.

Its not a case of just slapping it on the affected area  3

Tinternet_tim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Try sporttape.co.uk
I follow them on twitter and seem a good brand.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cancel this, just found a supplier local to me on the net.

Latest Comments