Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France - Stage 9

Right high mountains! Missed the deadline this morning, don't want to make the same mistake twice so doing my team now.
Worth getting froome in for tomorrow?
With a flat then itt stage after bit worried about bringing in too many climbers!
Anyways discuss! !

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

112 comments

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fuglsang and Martin with 31". Kwia caught.

0 likes

Gap down to 24". Belkin chasing. Nieve still in there. No Serpa.

0 likes

Nieve near the front. Could it be a Euskaltel victory? Not likely. Don't know if he can sprint. Gap up to 32".

0 likes

Martin and Fuglsang are going to make it.

0 likes

Hesjedal back in the yellow group. Movistar still setting the pace. Froome still looking ok. Valverde will have to take significant time out of him as Froome is definitely better in the ITT. I reckon Froome will stay with him but it will be an interesting battle. Quintana to sacrifice himself again? I think so.

0 likes

Clarke up front. Bardet, De Clerq and Rolland chasiing.

0 likes

Hesjedal suffering. Starting to zig-zag but he does have a broken rib so kudos for being in the break at all!!

0 likes

De Gendt back in the yellow group. His sprint was funny as Rolland thought no-one was competing for it. I think things will be calm for a while until the last climb.

0 likes

Simon Clarke gone ahead. Gap to the yellow group has gone out a bit as they sit up for a short time: 1' 42". Porte still over a minute back, nearly 2 now.

0 likes

Mountain point group still ahead and S Clarke may have caught them up. Gap of a minute. I don't think they'll make it to the end, unfortunately.

0 likes

De Gendt
Rolland
De Clerq
Hesjedal
Bardet
Bakelants

MPs

0 likes

De Gendt makes a late sprint for the mountain points and catches out Rolland. Damn!! Good for drheaton though.

0 likes

Group of 6 up front Bakelants bridged over. Then favourites 45 secs back with Froome by himself and 6 Movistar. Porte group about 1 and a bit minutes back.

thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dennis did not start, Guittierrez just abandoned, thats 2 of my team gone. Now do I let it ride purist wise, or make changes over the rest day, and let that team ride to the end mmmmmm, neither regular and no longer purist  39

Alan Tullett replied to thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Dennis did not start, Guittierrez just abandoned, thats 2 of my team gone. Now do I let it ride purist wise, or make changes over the rest day, and let that team ride to the end mmmmmm, neither regular and no longer purist  39

Swap them out for cheap sprinters??

0 likes

Castroviejo up there with Valverde and Plaza, Froome comfortable sitting on.

0 likes

Ruben Plaza is the other Movistar. (127) Riders all over the place.

0 likes

This is going to be a good day! Some real racing! Valverde off the front with another Movistar, Quintana, Rui Costa? Not sure. Froome chases on.

0 likes

Trofimov (Katusha), Hesjedal y Danielson (Garmin), Antón (Euskaltel-Euskadi) y Rolland (Europcar) up the road with short gap, less than half a minute.

Wondered which Euskaltel rider it would be. Anton a bit pricey for the risk though. Hope Rolland gets some decent mountain points today but doesn't look like there are going to be any break wins just yet. Maybe in the Alps. Porte appears to be behind the yellow jersey group. Don't know why as I've only just turned on the TV. Looks like it's going to be a long day today. Wine and food with the Tour followed by another beautiful evening ride.

No' it's not Anton. Even the Spanish site have got it wrong it's Jon Izagirre. (114) I'm assuming with that that Steephill have the numbers right.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

my 5 main riders are in the yellow jersey group at least  39

thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is why I do not like Froome. He has no brains, this stage has breakaway written all over it, Sky should be on the front controlling the race, Froome has blasted his team out the water, idiot. Control the race FFS.

enrique replied to thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

This is why I do not like Froome...

You're back!  4 what a nice surprise! Why wasn't there an announcement?  3

I mean you broke some hearts when you "left"!  3

Gkam84 wrote:

Oh but fatty......You cant just leave the game....  20

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Will be sad to see you leave...

Glad you're back!  4

thefatcyclist replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

This is why I do not like Froome...

You're back!  4 what a nice surprise! Why wasn't there an announcement?  3

I mean you broke some hearts when you "left"!  3

Gkam84 wrote:

Oh but fatty......You cant just leave the game....  20

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Will be sad to see you leave...

Glad you're back!  4

Ha ha, I wondered when anybody would notice, certainly not from my woeful team display, guess i'm race rusty.

enrique replied to thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

This is why I do not like Froome... this stage has breakaway written all over it, Sky should be on the front controlling the race, Froome has blasted his team out the water, idiot. Control the race FFS.

Well, glad you're back! You've been missed!  1 Anyways, I feel stupid asking you, but what you wrote early in the race got my attention. So, not to put you on the spot, but, what did you mean above? That Froome should not have gone with Valverde and company immediately and should have let his team pull them back at their won pace?... And for the ignorant, what's FFS?

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like a good day to have dropped sagan! Doh

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Johnny H trying to get away again!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Out, Froome and Kwiatkowski.
In, Voeckler and De Gendt.

Unashamedly chasing the break today.

Voeckler
Rolland
De Gendt
Nieve
Anton
Kadri
Fischer
Palacios
Mederel

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rolland
Talansky
Quintana
Porte
Ten dam
D V P
Mederel
Oroz
Willems

3 changes today

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Rolland
Talansky
Quintana
Porte
Ten dam
D V P
Mederel
Oroz
Willems

3 changes today

Oh Yes....we have a new nickname....D V P....nice one  16

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dennis will be in a few purist teams(mine included!!).

Pages

Latest Comments