Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

“I don’t want to use this f***ing bike!

Any ideas who is claimed to have screamed this in the team bus yesterday?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

TeamCC | 10 years ago
0 likes

Where does one sign up to get this terrible bicycle? Capital Cycles

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's true, you get used to stuff and then anything else feels alien. I run Shimano on all my bikes but my dad runs sram on his mtb. If trying his bike out I can see it's good (xx1 crankset as 1x10 with x9 clutch rear Mech) but it doesn't feel 'slick' like my XT kit with SLX shifters.

Must be even worse when you are on the bike all the time as a pro.

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

@Tony, I can believe that. As much as I like SRAM, Mark is known for being very precise about his kit. I suspect given the choice, he'd take a Venge with Dura-Ace Di2.

If SRAM can spend some time with him when he's calmed down, there could be an opportunity to improve the product with his input.

Tony Farrelly | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, talking to someone who'd been talking to Cav before the Tour started his unhappiness - back then at least - was not with the bike - which he has done rather well with in the past, but with SRAM Red and its shifting performance in particular

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bad workman! Haha!

He's just ultra-competitive, and everything will have to be just right. I imagine any tiny thing out of place can really get your blood up.

arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Seems like you are right Dave. Pics show normal SRAM Red calipers when he fell and HydroR brakes in the sprint.

So what's wrong with his bike then? Bad workman etc..?

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Does he want a Pinarello back?

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

i read elsewhere was that he was on standard brakes when he crashed, and switched to the hydro bike which was a spare. anyone know for sure which it was?

arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

...'What the fuck is wrong (with) this bike!” he said, furious at seeing his chance of a second consecutive stage win pass him by. Cavendish started the stage on a limited edition Specialized Venge outfitted with brand new SRAM HydroR hydraulic rim brakes and Zipp wheels'. (c/o Velonews)

He seemed a bit coy about his little off but his front wheel went at a roundabout. Could be that he grabbed too much front brake and locked up. Personally, I wouldn't do any ride of any importance using new kit for the first time. Seems bonkers but no doubt pressure from the team and sponsors.

It might just be he was pissed off and looking for something to blame. Hopefully, it'll give him motivation for today as it's a bit lumpy.

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cav

Latest Comments