Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Brit cycling brands

Hi,

So I'm in the market for some new cycling kit and a new bike (short sleeve jersey, bibs, hat, track bike from scratch, sourcing parts from brit companies - thinking dolan frame so far) and I (mostly for vacuous reasons) would like to buy British brands stuff, I'm well aware that despite being british they are often manufactured abroad so over to you road.cc forum members

I'm aware of a few - rapha, condor, dolan, shuttvr, velobici etc but would like to know a few more...
I'm dying to get my grubby mits on ragpicker's kit but it seems to be taking them a while to release...

Anyway, suggestions welcome

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

paulfg42 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I like shuttvr clothing - good looking and very comfortable. A bit on the expensive side but they often have good offers on.

Some Fella | 10 years ago
0 likes

No idea where their stuff is made but Torm are UK based
http://www.torm.cc/about-us.html

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hope yes.

TheHatter | 10 years ago
0 likes

if we're talking hubs and bb's then Royce needs a mention.

just out of interest what are you vacuous reasons for wanting a brit brand? (I like to buy stuff made in UK but don't really have any affection for a brand that just happens to be based here).

gw | 10 years ago
0 likes

hope or goldtec for hubs....running hope hoops on my equilibrium and very happy...

and hope do make some nice tarty matching bits like BB, headset and seatclamp....

TheHatter | 10 years ago
0 likes

Singular Cycles

Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pashley and Brompton. Shutt VR and Lusso clothing, Carradice bags and Brooks saddles. Still some framebuilders - look at all these Bespoked Bristol articles here on road.cc.

I like Howies. Although they manufacture stuff abroad they try hard to source ethically and reduce the environmental impact of their business. They hand print their organic t-shirts in Cardigan.

There are lots of British bike brands - Genesis is one I like, Islabikes another. Boardman? Has the combined brains of CB + top engineer Dimitris Katsanis, among others.

The rash of startup (mostly carbon-framed) bike brands are of no interest to me. There seems to be a new one every week, they all appear to be flogging the same kind of thing. Zzzzz....

Hector Ch | 10 years ago
0 likes

AFAIK Rapha is made in Italy (or at least some of it) by one of the large cycling clothing manufacturers. Up to you if you want to spend that much...

www.prendas.co.uk are essentially a reseller of SMS Santini kit (made in Italy, not the UK, but it's very nice)

amawby | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh, Forme, somewhere in Derbyshire.

amawby | 10 years ago
0 likes

Planet X in Sheffield, Ribble in Preston, Flandria in Kirkham (I think).

I_like_bikes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm a big fan of Morvelo and they do some really interesting kits. Also Milltag and often do limited run collaborations.

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Vo2 track frame I borrowed was pretty sweet.

Otherwise your quintessential british track frame has got to be the PX.

I know, I know...

gazer117 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Have a look at the 7vrn track frame. I own an in branded version and its one of the stiffest frames I've ever ridden !

Cycle_Jim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dhb, there okay but you look a bit new to the game - great quality stuff though!
Love vulpine (have my fingers crossed for the schwag)
Thanks for the tips netclectic

Currently drooling at field cycles...

netclectic | 10 years ago
0 likes
Mat Brett | 10 years ago
0 likes
arfa | 10 years ago
0 likes

DHB ? On wiggle ?

jug_23 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Maybe slightly obvious suggestion, but Vulpine clothing is really good.

For something slightly different in bike terms, look at Field Cycles in Sheffield - they make some gorgeous bikes.

Latest Comments