Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stolen bianchi and Trek y22- update / Help with missing parts

Hi everyone, just an update for you on my stolen bikes...success, I have the bianchi back!
a friend of mine saw it on Ebay and we alerted the police,who got it back from the guy selling it.(he was selling it for a relation of his who lives less than a mile from me...you know who nicked it)

problem is they've taken the handle bars off at some point and the spacers and trumpet shaped spacer are missing, they are part of the headset? I cant seem to find a replacement part/headset to replace though.

its a cane creek VP-A42E headset (that's what it says on the bearing race ) I need to get a replacement or the forks will just flop about as there isn't anything to tighten the top cap down onto...anyone got any ideas?

thanks to you all!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

keith roberts | 10 years ago
0 likes

brilliant! thanks guys. I now have to explain to my wife why I need ANOTHER component when I just bought a new bike to replace the stolen bianchi , she's not gonna be happy!

spongebob | 10 years ago
0 likes
ratattat | 10 years ago
0 likes

Latest Comments