FS: Mavic Cosmic Elite 2012 wheelset, Ultegra cassette, Conti GP4000s

by jamesgraemer   July 2, 2013  

For sale are my 12 month old Mavic Cosmic Elite wheel set. They were my first major upgrade and worth every penny; super smooth, stiff and the bladed spokes with 30mm aero rim look great. I've since got a complete new bike with some ksyrium elites, so these are no longer needed. They're perfect as a first upgrade or as a set of training wheels; fast and very durable. Still in excellent condition, they've been meticulously maintained and run perfectly true. Includes Mavic QR skewers. £180

Also available are the tyres, tubes and cassette:

Shimano Ultegra cassette, 11-25, nearly new with about 100 miles use. £40

Continental GP4000s and conti tubes, top end tyres and still got a few thousand miles left in them. £20

Will sell separately or together as a deal:

Get the wheels, tyres and tubes for £190.

or wheels, tyres, tubes and cassette for £210.

Available for collection/arranged meet up in Nottingham, Birmingham, or somewhere in between the two. Or I'll send via parcel force at cost (expected to be about £15). The wheels will be delivered in the box that my new mavic wheels came in, fully protected with caps on the hubs and inside dust bags.

Any questions, let me know.

AttachmentSize
photo-2.JPG35.38 KB

10 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

How's the braking surface? How many miles have they roughly done??

posted by 8701dg [13 posts]
2nd July 2013 - 21:03

like this
Like (1)

Looking back at my Strava I'd say they did between 1500-1800km last year, all in the dry. They haven't had any use since I got the new bike in March. Braking surfaces are very good, no major blemishes, just normal wear that you'd expect from a quality wheel at this sort of mileage.

Welcome to take a look if you're close by.

posted by jamesgraemer [25 posts]
2nd July 2013 - 23:04

like this
Like (1)

Hi there, would be interested I wouldn't have the money until middle of the month(poor student troubles) if this isn't useful then no worries but if it is let me know.
Thanks,
Sunny

posted by sunnythemurray [11 posts]
3rd July 2013 - 0:15

like this
Like (1)

Hi Sunny- not in any immediate rush so if there's no other interest in the next couple of days I can hold them for you. Or let me know if you can send over a token deposit. Cheers.

3rd July 2013 - 13:30

like this
Like (1)

Ok that'd be great. If there is any other interest over the next few days then don't worry about holding them, I'll contact you in a few days to see if they are still available.
Thanks,
Sunny

posted by sunnythemurray [11 posts]
4th July 2013 - 13:09

like this
Like (2)

Interested in the Conti tyres. How many miles have they done?

Thanks.

Simon E's picture

posted by Simon E [1778 posts]
4th July 2013 - 13:23

like this
Like (1)

Tyres have done slightly more than the wheels, I'd estimate around 2000km. Rear tyre is worn more than the front as you'd expect. They're 23mm which I forgot to mention in the original post.

4th July 2013 - 13:34

like this
Like (1)

James
If you will accept £200 for the lot I live in sutton coldfield and we could arrange for a suitable time to meet up.
Greg

posted by greg43 [7 posts]
5th July 2013 - 11:31

like this
Like (2)

Hi Greg- will drop you a PM.

5th July 2013 - 12:19

like this
Like (1)

Now sold.