Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De France stage 4 Nice > Nice TTT

Right, i've checked and no ne has started a thread yet so he goes.

TTT day today, a new man in yellow but who.

My bet is on either Kwiatkowski, Valverde or EBH. I think these will be the top 3 teams and they are the lead riders for each team.

As for the fantasy game it's a lot more points at stake than normal so lets hope everyone read their emails about the points ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Boasson Hagen (SKY)
Kwiatkowski (OPQS)
Chavanel (OPQS)
Gerrans (GRE)
Millar (GRM)
Amador (MOV)
Palacios (MOV)
Bonnet (FDJ)
Mederel (SAU)

Hoping for an OPQS win with 1,2 on GC then Gerrans and Movistar to do well. Got EBH and Millar in case Sky/Garmin manage to do well and they should be up there in the GC too. Also hoping FDJ might sneak into the top 10.

Like most others I haven't got any BMC and if they win today I'll be screwed.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

EBH
Navardauskas and Millar
Kwiatkowski and Terpstra
Gerrans
Gasparotto
Hoogerland
Fischer

1 transfer left in the bank

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

2x Sky (inc. EBH)
2x Garmin (inc. Millar)
2x OPQS (inc. Kwia)
2x Movistar (cheapos)
1x The mighty Julien El Fares

And no BMC, which is making me twitchy. Still, no turning back now...

stepho | 10 years ago
0 likes

Picked todays team with one eye on the next 2 sprint stages also.

Fully expect to see millar in yellow today.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

2 x GARMIN
2 x MOVISTAR
1 x OPQ
1 x SKY
1 x ORICA
1 x CANNONDALE
1 x ASTANA

djb123 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kwiatowski
Chava
Millar
Moser
Amador
José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios.
Quinziato
Kennaugh
Le Mevel

Not overly inspiring I'm afraid, hoping for OPQS, GRM and MOV podium, with Kwiatowski in yellow for a bit. Whoever is in yellow after today should keep it until Saturday.

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have really gone for this with a view to the next few days which I am hoping will come down to sprints, so hedged my bets a bit.

Cavendish and Kwiatowski
Palacios and Amador
Millar (got my heart set on seeing him in Yellow tomorrow)
Kristoff, too expensive to change in and out.
Medevel
Favilli
Gerrans.

I am getting this nasty feeling that Cuddles is hot this year and I just know that I am not going to get him in my team if that happens. No BMC rider at all and that worries me.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not sure if sky will win today's stage with Thomas struggling and the fact of picking up the yellow so early might hold then back a bit  39

With most teams having only 3/4 riders in the 1 sec bracket it'll be a tightish GC after today but will make for an interesting week ahead with a few lumps coming up!

Gone with 3 defo points scorers
Kwia (5)
Clarke (4)
Kittel (4)
Amador
Millar
Porte
Uglade
Mederel
Willems

chrisdstripes replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

With most teams having only 3/4 riders in the 1 sec bracket it'll be a tightish GC after today but will make for an interesting week ahead with a few lumps coming up!

Good point - Garmin are the only team that could really dominate GC as they have 6 guys in that 1 sec bracket. By my calculations, the teams most likely to win the TTT would take up the following places at the top of GC if they do so...

GARMIN - top 6
MOVISTAR/BMC - top 4
SKY - top 3
OPQ - top 2

Not sure if that means anything...

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

My team;

Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas
Mark Cavendish
Alexander Kristoff
Gert Steegmans
Richie Porte
Peter Kennaugh
Murilo Antonio Fischer
Maxime Mederel
José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios.

Not the most exciting of teams but within the credits and some in for the next 2 stages as well.

old blue eyes | 10 years ago
0 likes

2 GRM, 2 Mov, 1 OPQS, 1 Sky, 1 Gre, 1 BMC and a Lampre guy.

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My team:

EBH (SKY x 2)
Kennaugh
Kwiatowski (OPQS x 2)
Chavanel
Quinziato (BMC x 2)
Schar
Millar (GRM)
Gerrans (GRE)
Mederel (SAU)

With any luck the core of these can hang on for tomorrow's stage too

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Here is my team, ive gone mainly with riders that could take yellow, however has left me abit thin due to cost, but these riders should also feature tomorrow as I can't see it being a sprint

Sagan
EBH
Gerrans
Kwiatkowski
Navadauskas
Gutierrez
Bono
Mederel
Fischer

I expect the top 6 riders to score well, via finish position, GC, young rider and points. Nothing from the bottom two, with lampre maybe nicking 9th or 10th if a few other teams arent u to scratch.

Tomorrow I will replace Nava with Simon or Rojas maybe, and leave me 3 transfers for thursday

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have 2 OPQS, 2 Movistar, 1 Sky, 1 Greenedge, 1 Garmin and a couple of cheapo's (FDJ and Saur-Sojasun).

Technically four bites at the yellow plus a top 3 guy if Movistar win and a 2nd place in GC if OPQS win.

Fingers crossed for an OPQS, Movistar, Greenedge podium as I think less people will have those riders.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hoping for Garmin - I have Talansky in both teams so if he could pick up GC and white jersey points for the next few days that would be very helpful thankyou!

Also have Kwiatkowski, so have those two bases covered, but no Movistar or Sky as I still have Gerrans and Albasini. Predict Orica to finish 6th-8th, but a bit higher would be nice...

Don't see the harm in revealing my team, we'll all have different opinions on the order, and nothing in my choices is down to any inside info - just who I could afford, and who I had in yesterday slash want in tomorrow.

Gerrans
Gilbert
Albasini
Talansky
Kwiatkowski
Kristoff
Muravyev
El Fares
Hoogerland
10 pen points...

Backflip - its double-points, they mentioned it a week or two back...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Garmin today, I reckon.

Given my worst-case scenario would be a strong BMC performance (I've got none of them), expect to see Cadel in Yellow tomorrow.

Ghedebrav replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Garmin today, I reckon.

Garmin in 4th with 12 teams yet to finish including BMC and Movistar. Never listen to me.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Email?

Isnt it still 10 points each for winning team, 9 for 2nd and so on?

drheaton replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Email?

No, it was announced a few weeks ago that points would be doubled for this TTT so 20 for each rider in the top team, 18, 16, etc down to 2 points for 10th placed team.

This was in one of the articles pre-tour announcing the game, I think it was in an email, it's in the points breakdown on the fantasy section of the site for this stage (http://fantasy.road.cc/stages?sid=4304) and I covered it in my 'fantasy guide'.

Everyone's had plenty of warning  4

backflipbedlem replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:

Email?

No, it was announced a few weeks ago that points would be doubled for this TTT so 20 for each rider in the top team, 18, 16, etc down to 2 points for 10th placed team.

This was in one of the articles pre-tour announcing the game, I think it was in an email, it's in the points breakdown on the fantasy section of the site for this stage (http://fantasy.road.cc/stages?sid=4304) and I covered it in my 'fantasy guide'.

Everyone's had plenty of warning  4

ok cheers, might be worth taking a penalty then, lol

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've gone for 2 x Sky, OPQS, Movistar with 3 others of lesser teams.

Pages

Latest Comments