Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De France stage 3 Ajaccio > Calvi

Started the forum off early as i'm away to work later.

Brought in 2 for todays stage with a mind on the TT tomorrow then hopefully will have 4 for the return to the flat on stage 5.

Todays stage is a bit lumpy but nothing to bad for most of the riders however the last climb at 8.1% over 3 km might cause a few to get dumped out of the back.

Hopefully though no change in the gc.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

60 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1. GERRANS Simon
2. SAGAN Peter
3. ROJAS José Joaquin
4. KWIATKOWSKI Michal
5. GILBERT Philippe
6. FLECHA GIANNONI Juan Antonio
7. GAVAZZI Francesco
8. BOUET Maxime
9. SIMON Julien
10. IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI Gorka
11. BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
12. BARDET Romain
13. EVANS Cadel
14. LAGUTIN Sergey
15. FAVILLI Elia
16. MORI Manuele
17. GESCHKE Simon
18. MALACARNE Davide
19. BAKELANTS Jan
20. VELITS Peter

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hellz yeah! Simon Gerrans outsprints Sagan in a bunch finish!  16

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gerrans and EBH in for Greipel and Kittel, hope they do well as if not its a bad choice as Greipel and Kittel scored at the IMS

andynic | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sagan
Kwiatkowski (for Greipel)
Degenkolb
Kristoff (for Kittel)
El Fares
Le Mevel
Hoogerland
Gadret
Lobato

one eye on tomorrow

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Today's stage profile looks very similar to stage 1 to Elgoibar in this year's Pais Vasco. That's why I've picked Gerrans for the win.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sagan
Pinot
Hivert
Kwia (In for Molard)
Gavazzi
Echeguibel
Hoogerland
Bono (In For Vichot)
Mederel

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Apparently Geraint Thomas has a fractured pelvis, had a scan last night after the stage but he's carrying on  13

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just one change(Millar in for Kittel) saving 3 for tomorrow

Millar
Navardauskas
Gerrans
Gasparotto
Sagan
Terpstra(he was slacking yesterday I think)
S.DuMoulin
Hoogerland
Fischer

Hoping to move into the top 100 from a current 167th.

I'll be looking to bring in EBH and Kwia tomorrow barring changes in leading Sky/OPQS GC rider.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sagan
Kwiatkowski (for Degenkolb, may regret that)
Chavanel (for Bouhanni)
Gerrans (for Kittel)
Millar (for Dumoulin)
Marino
Bonnet
Palacios
Mederel

20 penalty points but set up for tomorrow now.

Plan for tomorrow is to try and bring in some cheaper Sky guys or another TTTer. Sagan may stay though, unsure  39

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Chava, Sagan, Kristoff, Gilbert and Gerrans for me. plus some no-hopers.

Alan Tullett replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Chava, Sagan, Kristoff, Gilbert and Gerrans for me. plus some no-hopers.

Interesting. I took out Kristoff out last night after he did nothing yesterday and even though I think Katusha might do surprisingly well tomorrow (no-one else seems to be mentioning them much or Astana).

Got Sagan, Kwia (swap for Degenkolb), Simon (swap for Kristoff), Cimolai and Gavazzi.

Got 4 for the TTT tomorrow and deciding which extra two to bring in. It would have been 2 Sky, now not so sure.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I brought in Gilbert and Gerrans. Would've preferred a Garmin to Gerrans, but not quite enough funds. Leaves me hoping for a great Orica TTT tomorrow...

Sagan
Gerrans
Albasini
Gallopin
Gilbert
Garcia
Hoogerland
El Fares
Muravyev (handy Lanterne Rouge yesterday...)

0 likes

Where's LuLuSanchez when you need him!!

0 likes

i think maybe the other one's not in the right forum

Stumps replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i think maybe the other one's not in the right forum

yeah, just edited my comment with the info. Sorry Dave i should have looked before creating mine.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I checked when i created this up and there were none already listed. Apologies if i've misread the threads.

EDIT: just found another one created in the road.cc bike forum not the fantasy forum.

Mind you that was set up before mine so hands from me  40

0 likes

Don't underestimate Greenedge(Tuft & Meyer),Vacansoleil(Westra & DeGendt),BMC(Tejay,Evans,Bookwalter) and especially Saxo(Rogers,Roche,Kreuziger,Contador).....but to be fair on paper Ghedebrav is about right......making Millar,EBH,Kwia and Valverde very attractive if they remain their teams best riders on GC.

Ghedebrav replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Don't underestimate Greenedge(Tuft & Meyer),Vacansoleil(Westra & DeGendt),BMC(Tejay,Evans,Bookwalter) and especially Saxo(Rogers,Roche,Kreuziger,Contador).....but to be fair on paper Ghedebrav is about right......making Millar,EBH,Kwia and Valverde very attractive if they remain their teams best riders on GC.

BMC should indeed be strong (Nearly picked Bookwalter for today in anticipation), but for Greenedge I fully expect Goss to fall off while on point, bringing his whole team down apart from Daryl Impey.

0 likes

can people check it there's a thread already before starting a new one? ta.

drheaton replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

can people check it there's a thread already before starting a new one? ta.

This is the third stage 3 thread I've seen today but actually I can't find any of the others in the fantasy forums now. It's odd, have the first two been deleted?

0 likes

brought in Vichot yesterday, thinking of ditching him today to make room for Kwiatkowski, wise? Thinking Kwiat will be better for TTT 2moro.
Just keep bringing in Vichot, and he never delivers, but know he will today if i ditch him, hey ho!

Ghedebrav replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

brought in Vichot yesterday, thinking of ditching him today to make room for Kwiatkowski, wise? Thinking Kwiat will be better for TTT 2moro.
Just keep bringing in Vichot, and he never delivers, but know he will today if i ditch him, hey ho!

I ditched Vichot too today; don't think his team are strong enough to get him over the line in a decent placing if there's a bunch. Kwiatkowski seems like a strong pick (I was surprised by how well he sprinted on Saturday), but then I'm hardly an expert.

Cue solo breakaway win for Vichot etc.

backflipbedlem replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:

I ditched Vichot too today; don't think his team are strong enough to get him over the line in a decent placing if there's a bunch. Kwiatkowski seems like a strong pick (I was surprised by how well he sprinted on Saturday), but then I'm hardly an expert.

Cue solo breakaway win for Vichot etc.

Vichot has crashed, maybe he'll really go for it now!  1

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Keeping in both Sagan & EBH. Navardauskas also in for possible breakaway (plus one eye on TTT).

Chavanel also stays in; not sure whether he's really going to do much this Tour, and he'll probably be out of my squad for good post-Nice. On the TTT, I'm all out for packing the squad with OPQS, Garmin, Sky and Movistar lads; reckon they'll be the top four (not necessarily in that order, though).

0 likes

Who's The favourite teams for the TTT 2moro!
I know people dont want to give too much away, but Dont ask, Dont get?

dave atkinson replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Who's The favourite teams for the TTT 2moro!
I know people dont want to give too much away, but Dont ask, Dont get?

Sky will be favourites, OPQS are world champions, Garmin, BMC and Movistar should place highly

0 likes

I don't know if Cannondale are good enough to set Sagan up for both the intermediate sprints AND catch any breakaways when nobody assists thanks to 'Hulk-Fear'(they had no answer to the break of 6 yesterday).....interesting to see what they do today.

Bit of a catch 22 for Sagan......if there's no Greipel,Cav,Kittel in a reduced bunch then nobody helps the boys in green whereas if they are then I don't think he can beat them in a flat bunch finish.

We may well get an unexpected Brit in yellow today or tomorrow but I fancy a late attack to stay away and get the win......Voigt perhaps as he will want to get a riposte in to his room-mate Bakelants or could it be a Tivo day?

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I don't know if Cannondale are good enough to set Sagan up for both the intermediate sprints AND catch any breakaways when nobody assists thanks to 'Hulk-Fear'(they had no answer to the break of 6 yesterday).....interesting to see what they do today.

Bit of a catch 22 for Sagan......if there's no Greipel,Cav,Kittel in a reduced bunch then nobody helps the boys in green whereas if they are then I don't think he can beat them in a flat bunch finish.

We may well get an unexpected Brit in yellow today or tomorrow but I fancy a late attack to stay away and get the win......Voigt perhaps as he will want to get a riposte in to his room-mate Bakelants or could it be a Tivo day?

Cannondale won't be on their own though. With just a 1 second lead Radioshack will be keen to keep the yellow with Bakelandts for another day so they'll work with Cannondale.

Other teams (Greenedge for Goss/Impey?) might also try and push for a reduced sprint to go for a stage win while there are no out and out sprinters around.

I agree today could be a Voeckler day (I had him penciled into my team for yesterday/today with a view to a kamikazee break chasing the yellow) but I doubt anyone will get away with the combined might of Radioshack/Cannondale set up to chase anything down. Garmin too and OPQS may want to keep things tight so their riders have a shot at yellow after the TTT. It's actually in the interests of a few teams to stop a break from getting too much time.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sagan for today, can't see him letting another stage get away and he needs to make the most of these stages where Cav isn't around.

My transfers have all been about a possible breakaway today but with a view to tomorrow. Made four transfers (20 penalty points) and will only have to bring in Sky guys tonight.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Too difficult to call this one, so I have just played safe and shaped my team for the TTT tomorrow.....

Would imagine that Valconsoleil and Movistar have riders that fancy today.....

Should be a bit more interesting viewer wise today though...

Pages

Latest Comments