Home

So We're nearly there! Last bit of tinkering to be done!!
Thought I'd open the post early!

Are we confident?

Think my team is finally nailed down. Done my most amount of planning for a race so far, and planned up to stage 2 transfers! Beat that!

Good luck all!

74 comments

drheaton [3323 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I've got a spreadsheet with a column per stage and minor analysis of what I think will happen, got two or three guys listed that I think will feature on each stage up to stage 7...

Anyway, for stage 1 I have Cavendish but I don't have Sagan.

chrisdstripes [1741 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I too have Cav but not Sagan, and about 3 credits in hand so I have the option of switching them for Sunday. Also gone for Kittel and Bouhanni, and three guys who may sprint for top 10, and can deal with the lumpy stuff too. Really think Greipel could match Cav on the flat stages this year, but as he won't be going for the intermediates (so he says), I've not picked him. Yet.

Have a rough plan of what to do for the next 4 stages, but keeping it flexible until we see who is in the spotty jumper (as my girlfriend calls it) after Sunday...

Are we confident? NO! Mainly just excited about the race, and am starting with low expectations - we'll see where we are after the TTT...

Looking forward to having a laugh on the forum, trying to keep it light and not take it seriously but that will change if I'm top 50 this time next week!

Hope you don't mind a shameless plug, my weekly sports show on www.cambridge105.fm will have a totally slapdash TdF preview this Sunday from 6pm if anyone is plumbing the depths of boredom to the extent that you need something to listen to...

THE SILENT ASSASSIN [551 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Tingling with anticipation....Will have one last tinker tonight, but I think that I am more or less sorted...

Standard team is fairly predictable and will be the same as most peoples...

Purist team is picked from the heart and not the head...If they don't float my boat, then they are not in, no matter how well I think they will do...  16

0 likes

Off boozing tonight with work so no changes for me after about half 4, teams pretty much settled so not really an issue.

backflipbedlem [1200 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I've got a spreadsheet with a column per stage and minor analysis of what I think will happen, got two or three guys listed that I think will feature on each stage up to stage 7...

Anyway, for stage 1 I have Cavendish but I don't have Sagan.

Lol, I do love a good spreadsheet, Thought about making one myself, but realised i still have no clue, so decided against it!

Gone Cav and Sagan. No Froome Though! Worth bringing him in for stage 2?

dave atkinson [6317 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

No Froome Though! Worth bringing him in for stage 2?

nah.

Ghedebrav [1099 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Cav in, no Sagan for me.

Cue Matthew Harley Goss winning...

stevemarks [472 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Sprinters, No spreadsheet, Gonna wing it from here, got some nice youngsters I am going to blood later on. Very excited!

Thank God Farrar withdrew, one less to worry about, now if Gossy can just get sick......

19 19 19

adholman [75 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I am looking for 2,400 points and a top 50 place in the Tour game overall and have no Cav, Sagan or Greipel in my team for Stage 1.

I've got 7 sprinters of whom 4 are young and 3 who I reckon can get decent points tomorrow as well. The other 2 are fillers!!

Good luck everyone!!

ray silvester [1836 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Cav no Sagan(straight swap tomorrow) plus one other out and out youth sprinter(swapping out tomorrow also) plus 7 guys you could describe as 'useful in a reduced bunch finish' mainly for stages 2,3,5 and 7.

aiming to bank at least one transfer between stages 2/3,3/4,4/5 but with crashes or an unexpected cheap KOM leader that's open to change.

Rider most anticipated:Geraint Thomas
Stage most anticipated:summit finish to Ax-3-Domains
Predicted first Goss crash:stage 1,probably with O'Grady involved
Predicted Winner:J-Rod
Predicted Polka:Hoogerland
Predicted Green:Sagan
Predicted White:Van Garderen
Predicted Most Aggressive:Clarke

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Yes it begins  4 36

Kittel
Cav
Griepel
Bouhanni
cimolai
D V Poppel
mederel
willems
Ugalde
2.7 credits spare

0 likes

Cavendish
Kittel
Gerrans
Hoogerland
Gasparotto
S.Dumoulin
Kristoff
Navardauskas
Fischer

Wig_Billy [578 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish
Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Bouhanni
El Fares
Mederel
Bono
Fischer

Basically a 5 man team (unless one of the cheapies gets in the break). No crashes please.

TERatcliffe26 [4727 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I want a good score today with my team, but have 1 eye on tomorrow and a plan to bring in Sagan and Nava tomorrow, just means I will need to keep Kittel.

Cav
Greipel
Bouhanni
Kittel
Dumoulin
Hivert
Fischer
Bono
Mederel

0 likes

First break ot the 100th Tour:

Cousin,Lobato,Flecha,Boom and Lemoine have 2'15" after 7km

chrisdstripes [1741 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Will most likely bring in Sagan+1 for Cav and Kittel tomorrow. Will probably regret not picking Greipel...

Cav
Kittel
Bouhanni
Gallopin
Dumoulin
Garcia
Hoogerland
Muravyev
El Fares

Its ON!

0 likes

Cavendish
Greipel
Bouhanni
Kittel
Dumoulin
Bonnet
Marino
Palacios
Mederel

cherrypicked [174 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Cavendish
Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Bouhanni
El Fares
Mederel
Bono
Fischer

Basically a 5 man team (unless one of the cheapies gets in the break). No crashes please.

Similar team for me:
-Bouhanni -Bono +Degenkolb +Palacios

0 likes

Lobato will be the first wearer of the Polka Dots as he crossed the one and only cat 4 of the stage first.....that's 3 fantasy pts(plus 5 for competition lead at end of stage assuming he finishes today).

0 likes

Looks as if they're going to get caught before the intermediate sprint.....they're not exactly busting a gut to stay away.

0 likes

But neither are the sprinters teams interested in catching them....

obutterwick [474 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Looking like there are a lot of very similar teams. Some people could be sharing bike pumps.

Cavendish
Greipel
Kittel
Bouhanni
Kristoff
Le Mevel
Fischer
Bono
El Fares

0 likes

Im relying on my Dumoulin and Hivert combo to have a shot at the stage win  39

Alan Tullett [1570 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Hoogerland crashes.

Bus stuck under the finish line!! WTF.

0 likes

This is gonna be a mess!!!!!!

Nooo Jonny

Sprint finish at 3km to go, but how will the riders know  39

0 likes

They're saying the finish is now at 3k to go. This is really going to shake things up.

chokofingrz [407 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Peter Sagan to celebrate by parking his bike on the stuck bus roof?

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

This isnt gonna go well! 3km mark for photo finish.......:-(

0 likes

That is gonna be dangerous too!

0 likes

Finish at 3k is a dangerous bend. There's going to be a massive crash! No, the bus is moving!

Pages