Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Carbon rail saddle upgrade

Long story short, I need a very last minute replacement (like, today) for my trusty but broken Specialized Toupe saddle. The only one in stock nearby is the Pro version with carbon rails. The one I have has metal rails and I have a Lezyne saddle bag with a quick release bracket that clamps to the rails.

Are there any reasons I couldn't clamp things to carbon rails, and would I notice much difference comfort-wise?
I've got a Scott CR1 (one of the older ones) and it's pretty stiff at the back, although I've got on fine with my current Toupe.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Chuck | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys, in the end I found a Ti one in stock so played it safe and got that instead.

veseunr | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a carbon railed Toupe (and a titanium one on my other bike). Very comfy and no worries fastening on a bag.

racingcondor | 10 years ago
0 likes

I clamp a saddlebag to my Fizik Anteres. Not even a mark on the rails from it (plastic clamp though).

Take a bit of care and I'm sure it'll be fine.

No idea about the difference in feel on Specialized carbon saddles but they make for a much stiffer Anteres.

Latest Comments