Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rookie league, new player questions and discussions

Hello all you new players!

So that you can test yourself against other new players and see where you stand against people with the same level of experience as you I've set up a new player league!

The "road.cc Rookie League" is for people in their first year of fantasy cycling can be found by heading to the 'Leagues' tab on the fantasy cycling section of the site.  Click on the "Got a league ID? Click here to join a new league..." button and type in 77088 which is the league's id number.

If you're new please join in and if you have any questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

117 comments

adholman replied to surfingalan | 10 years ago
0 likes

i think you will be able to start choosing a team for the first race of 2014 after the Xmas/NY break. This first race is TDU on 19 Jan

Nix replied to adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes
adholman wrote:

i think you will be able to start choosing a team for the first race of 2014 after the Xmas/NY break. This first race is TDU on 19 Jan

Well prelude is 19 Jan., Stage 1 is 21 Jan. (Australian time dates).

Is there usually fantasy scoring for prelude?

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is the rookie league solely for first-time ever players or first full-year players?

I started playing in August last year so I haven't done a full year, but I'd missed so much of the season I wouldn't have got anywhere in the 2013 rookie league.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

we'll be needing a new rookie league for 2014...

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

we'll be needing a new rookie league for 2014...

Out of curiousity, will all leagues have to be set up again? Will somebody have to create the Forum league for eaxmple?  39

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Forums Scorums is still there, as is the big road.cc league. but all other leagues will need to be recreated

darkhorse | 10 years ago
0 likes

Played most of last year and this is the first year that I'm playing full-time and will pay the £10.

Are there any restrictions for getting a prize like if you're in US?

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Forums Scorums is still there, as is the big road.cc league. but all other leagues will need to be recreated

There's a Forum's Scorum's league and a Forums Scorums league. Which is which? Does it matter?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Right-o, I've set up a new 'road.cc Rookie League' for 2014, the league code is 77502.

Any problem, let me know.

jacko1889 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can I send an invite through facebook or e-mail for friends (non-playing) to join up and join my league

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Might be a bit late to ask, but I'm premium this year. Should I see both Purist and normal teams appear in each of the leagues I'm in?

Only seeing one of me at the moment.

Chris Huggins | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm having the same problem as stevemarks. It's saying my team is overbudget when it's only at 149.9.

So at the moment i can't make any transfers unless I replace riders with ones of a much lower value.

The remaining balance still appears to be correct.

Any ideas?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The total team budget available for the Tour Down Under is 140 credits. The budget is variable this year depending on the race and riders taking part.

Bike_Nutz | 10 years ago
0 likes

If I make no changes or pick a team for each stage, does my previous choice roll on and on? Am off to the States next week and might cost a lot to update constantly!

CycleTeej | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hey all,

Just wondering how it works with riders in startlist. On the Tour of Qatar website riders like Cavendish could ride but he isn't in the start list? Could the fantasy startlist change is he rides?

Thanks T

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hiya, the tour website startlists are often out of date (its not in their interests to advertise the fact that a top rider isn't going to be there), but there are a few websites eg Cycling Fever that tend to update theirs very regularly. Cav is definitely not currently listed for Qatar.

In general, the guys that run the game will load the startlist a week or so in advance with the best info they have available, and then make sure it is updated a couple of days before the race starts, and again asap if there are any last-minute changes. Its very rare indeed that they miss anything.

tamcrock | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've just seen there's a Rookie League for bumblers like me. Awesome! Will my TDU results count (I had some cracking beginners luck) or is it only scores from the time I join?

TERatcliffe26 replied to tamcrock | 10 years ago
0 likes
tamcrock wrote:

I've just seen there's a Rookie League for bumblers like me. Awesome! Will my TDU results count (I had some cracking beginners luck) or is it only scores from the time I join?

Your scores will count in a league even if you join after an event

TERatcliffe26 replied to Bike_Nutz | 10 years ago
0 likes
Bike_Nutz wrote:

If I make no changes or pick a team for each stage, does my previous choice roll on and on? Am off to the States next week and might cost a lot to update constantly!

Your team will stay the same between stages within the same event if you do not make changes, ie your team will be the same for stage 2 of TDU as that of stage if you make no changes

However you need to create a new team for a new event/race, so your team at the end of the TDU will not carry forward to be your team at the start of the Tour of Qatar. As each event on the system is a separate entity.

Events such as the classics, comprises multiple one day races, over a period of a couple of months, and as these races are in the same event, those teams would role over, between the one day races.

Hope ive made all that simple to understand

tamcrock | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah, so I was late for work this morning and missed out on submitting a purist TDM team by about 45 seconds. (That ticking timer at the top is a bit stressful...)

Does that mean I'm out of the Purist comp for the entire TDM or can I pick a purist team later on? Whilst it explains that once you've picked a purist team you can't change any riders between stages it's not very clear in the instructions if the window will open again or not and I can start in stage 2.

Pretty sure I've bollocked it but does anyone know what the deal is??

Julie Danson | 10 years ago
0 likes

You should have asked Didge!!!
Or are you worried he'll copy your choices.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I just saw that you'd posted in this forum Julie and thought....what is the Forum's Scorum's Tour of Qatar champion and current FSUCI ranked #1 player doing posting in the rookie section....then breathed a sigh of relief as I saw you were answering not asking questions LOL  41

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a question re points, it's probably easiest to consider this just in the case of Tom Boonen:

I assume the rankings totals will be reappraised before Paris-Nice & Tirreno-Adriatico based on recent results. As Boonen won KBK I'd expect his base score to go up before Paris-Nice. If rankings are not going to change please shout.

Lets say Boonen wins two stages at Paris-Nice which would increase his score before the next 'competition' he is involved in (eg Tour de Suisse), but would the results of Paris-Nice or the classics thus far affect his price for the Ronde or Roubaix, or are they fixed now?

TL:DR - Are prices for the spring classics fixed up to Liege-Bastone-Liege?
- Are all rankings going to be adjusted before Paris-Nice?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Prices are calculated per competition so Boonens value will be recalculated for Paris-Nice but that then won't change his value in the classics, all rider values in the classics are fixed now the competition is open and won't change even for the Ardennes races.

monica replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Popular, means at a certain percentage picked them in the last stage or race. I can't remember what that percentage is though

I'm trying to build my team and I see a lot of popular riders out there. I counted 15. Is there a limit to the amount of popular riders the game can have?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I do not know if there is a limit, popular means that X % have them in their team for the last stage/race.

I shall go find out what the % is.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Popular rider: in 15% or more teams for the last stage
In-form: has a form average of 8 or above for the previous 5 scoring stages
Dream team: in the dream team for the last stage, ie the nine highest scoring riders

monica replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Popular rider: in 15% or more teams for the last stage
In-form: has a form average of 8 or above for the previous 5 scoring stages
Dream team: in the dream team for the last stage, ie the nine highest scoring riders

Ok. Got it. I appreciate it. I mistakenly thought popular riders referred to the current stage. Had it wrong in my head. Thanks, Gkam.

Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is it possible to keep changing my team up to the lockout?
For example if I pick a Giro team now, save it and press green button, will I be able to change it again still before lockout?
Or is there some other way to save a non-finalised team and come back to it and make more changes a bit later?

drheaton replied to Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

Is it possible to keep changing my team up to the lockout?
For example if I pick a Giro team now, save it and press green button, will I be able to change it again still before lockout?
Or is there some other way to save a non-finalised team and come back to it and make more changes a bit later?

Yes, you can make as many changes as you like up until the deadline of the first stage.

At this point in time you have 'unlimited' transfers so you can chop and change to your hearts consent and only the team in place when the deadline hits will be used. I have submitted my team but will likely be making changes tonight and tomorrow before I'm happy and settled.

Pages

Latest Comments