Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rookie league, new player questions and discussions

Hello all you new players!

So that you can test yourself against other new players and see where you stand against people with the same level of experience as you I've set up a new player league!

The "road.cc Rookie League" is for people in their first year of fantasy cycling can be found by heading to the 'Leagues' tab on the fantasy cycling section of the site.  Click on the "Got a league ID? Click here to join a new league..." button and type in 77088 which is the league's id number.

If you're new please join in and if you have any questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

117 comments

drheaton replied to Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

Is it possible to keep changing my team up to the lockout?
For example if I pick a Giro team now, save it and press green button, will I be able to change it again still before lockout?
Or is there some other way to save a non-finalised team and come back to it and make more changes a bit later?

Yes, you can make as many changes as you like up until the deadline of the first stage.

At this point in time you have 'unlimited' transfers so you can chop and change to your hearts consent and only the team in place when the deadline hits will be used. I have submitted my team but will likely be making changes tonight and tomorrow before I'm happy and settled.

dave atkinson replied to Brodie | 9 years ago
0 likes
Brodie wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm a complete noob to this fantasy cycling business. I have experience in other fantasy sports so was wondering what the finicky strategies are here. I've already noticed that I should have waited much longer before picking my team to start the Spring Classics as two roster changes later I've wasted about 10 transfers. So waiting until the last minute to pick riders seems to be one thing to keep in mind.
I'll admit I haven't scoured the forum for previous posts relating to strategies, I'll do that soon so you don't have to respond again if it's already out there. Thanks.

today was the first day a near-complete startlist was available, so yes: it's best to wait until near the start

the spring classics are a special case though, as the startlist changes so much between the races. in a week-long tour or a grand tour it's a lot simpler

Condor Andy replied to Robley97 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Robley97 wrote:

Hello 

This is my first competition i am doing and i was wondering do you pick your team based on what the stage is or do you pick your team for the overall competiton. 

For example for a flat stage would you have a team of Sprinters or would you have riders like froome and nibali etc...

Many Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Have a look at the scoring notes and competition rules, it should have all you need in there.  In short, the scores come in stage by stage, so stage finishers score the best and it's whoever is in possession of the jerseys score those points.

So for the first few stages, pick your sprinters, maybe with the TTT in mind.  There's an average of 2 transfers per stage, almost exactly, so don't use them all at once.

Any other questions just fire away.

Cheers

Andy

enrique replied to dai basta | 5 years ago
0 likes

dai basta wrote:

... MAS hits 12 points today... how?...

You'll probably get a straight answer from Condor Andy or anyone who's scoring the game if you post on the Vuelta thread or one of the Vuelta Stage threads...  1 They always answer!  1 Good luck!  1

Condor Andy replied to StarLord | 4 years ago
1 like

campy4life wrote:

Hello ... I just created an account and join one of the public leauge.

In following the instructions as noted under http://fantasy.road.cc/howto, Icannot seem to locate the the "Pick team" page.  

Does there have to be an active competition for the "Pick team" page to appear.  As the Giro just ended, I have to wait for Criterium Dauphine to start? If so, when will the Dauphine be listed under Current Competition?

Thanks

Hello! And welcome  1

Yes, there needs to be an active competition. Teams are different for each tour. Next up is the Criterium du Dauphine, starting Sunday. We'll open it in the next couple of days, when the start list is a little more complete.

Any more questions just shoot.

Nix replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Nix wrote:

Is it possible to keep changing my team up to the lockout?
For example if I pick a Giro team now, save it and press green button, will I be able to change it again still before lockout?
Or is there some other way to save a non-finalised team and come back to it and make more changes a bit later?

Yes, you can make as many changes as you like up until the deadline of the first stage.

At this point in time you have 'unlimited' transfers so you can chop and change to your hearts consent and only the team in place when the deadline hits will be used. I have submitted my team but will likely be making changes tonight and tomorrow before I'm happy and settled.

Good to know, thanks for response

StarLord replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Hello! And welcome  1

Yes, there needs to be an active competition. Teams are different for each tour. Next up is the Criterium du Dauphine, starting Sunday. We'll open it in the next couple of days, when the start list is a little more complete.

Any more questions just shoot.

Thanks for clarifying.  Looking forward to joining the CdD.

I would assume that the start list would be firmed by now.  Be good to afford time to get familiar with the "Pick Team" page and select riders.

Condor Andy replied to dai basta | 5 years ago
0 likes

dai basta wrote:

Hi, Rookie's question!

Are there the details of my rider's points?  For example, MAS hits 12 points today... how? Is it written somewhere?
Thanks in advance

Was this stage 4 dai? If so, he got 6 for his stage position of 15th, 1 for 10th on GC, and 5 for the young rider award (unique to the vuelta, he'll have red numbers on his back).

You can find scoring information by clicking on 'How To Play' and scrolling down. All the generic scoring information is there and if there are some competition specific exceptions, then they'll be in 'Stage Information' on each competition page and right at the bottom.

Hope that helps!

CycleTeej | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hey all,

Just wondering how it works with riders in startlist. On the Tour of Qatar website riders like Cavendish could ride but he isn't in the start list? Could the fantasy startlist change is he rides?

Thanks T

Bike_Nutz | 10 years ago
0 likes

If I make no changes or pick a team for each stage, does my previous choice roll on and on? Am off to the States next week and might cost a lot to update constantly!

TERatcliffe26 replied to Bike_Nutz | 10 years ago
0 likes
Bike_Nutz wrote:

If I make no changes or pick a team for each stage, does my previous choice roll on and on? Am off to the States next week and might cost a lot to update constantly!

Your team will stay the same between stages within the same event if you do not make changes, ie your team will be the same for stage 2 of TDU as that of stage if you make no changes

However you need to create a new team for a new event/race, so your team at the end of the TDU will not carry forward to be your team at the start of the Tour of Qatar. As each event on the system is a separate entity.

Events such as the classics, comprises multiple one day races, over a period of a couple of months, and as these races are in the same event, those teams would role over, between the one day races.

Hope ive made all that simple to understand

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The total team budget available for the Tour Down Under is 140 credits. The budget is variable this year depending on the race and riders taking part.

Chris Huggins | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm having the same problem as stevemarks. It's saying my team is overbudget when it's only at 149.9.

So at the moment i can't make any transfers unless I replace riders with ones of a much lower value.

The remaining balance still appears to be correct.

Any ideas?

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Might be a bit late to ask, but I'm premium this year. Should I see both Purist and normal teams appear in each of the leagues I'm in?

Only seeing one of me at the moment.

jacko1889 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can I send an invite through facebook or e-mail for friends (non-playing) to join up and join my league

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Right-o, I've set up a new 'road.cc Rookie League' for 2014, the league code is 77502.

Any problem, let me know.

darkhorse | 10 years ago
0 likes

Played most of last year and this is the first year that I'm playing full-time and will pay the £10.

Are there any restrictions for getting a prize like if you're in US?

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Forums Scorums is still there, as is the big road.cc league. but all other leagues will need to be recreated

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Forums Scorums is still there, as is the big road.cc league. but all other leagues will need to be recreated

There's a Forum's Scorum's league and a Forums Scorums league. Which is which? Does it matter?

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

we'll be needing a new rookie league for 2014...

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

we'll be needing a new rookie league for 2014...

Out of curiousity, will all leagues have to be set up again? Will somebody have to create the Forum league for eaxmple?  39

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is the rookie league solely for first-time ever players or first full-year players?

I started playing in August last year so I haven't done a full year, but I'd missed so much of the season I wouldn't have got anywhere in the 2013 rookie league.

surfingalan | 10 years ago
0 likes

So how do I create a team, all I get is window closed at the moment or do I have to wait until season starts.

All

adholman replied to surfingalan | 10 years ago
0 likes

i think you will be able to start choosing a team for the first race of 2014 after the Xmas/NY break. This first race is TDU on 19 Jan

Nix replied to adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes
adholman wrote:

i think you will be able to start choosing a team for the first race of 2014 after the Xmas/NY break. This first race is TDU on 19 Jan

Well prelude is 19 Jan., Stage 1 is 21 Jan. (Australian time dates).

Is there usually fantasy scoring for prelude?

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:
Quote:

You are not allowed to post new content in the forum.

What's this about then? I've never had a problem starting threads in the past.

Snap, i thought it was a glitch on my computer. Any ideas anyone ?

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

You are not allowed to post new content in the forum.

What's this about then? I've never had a problem starting threads in the past.

monica | 10 years ago
0 likes

How do I find out how you get the different badges?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Popular, means at a certain percentage picked them in the last stage or race. I can't remember what that percentage is though

monica replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Popular, means at a certain percentage picked them in the last stage or race. I can't remember what that percentage is though

I'm trying to build my team and I see a lot of popular riders out there. I counted 15. Is there a limit to the amount of popular riders the game can have?

Pages

Latest Comments