Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Directional chain on the wrong way

I bought a new Giant TCR Advanced in Dec 2012 and have done about 700 miles on it. Only a few days ago I did a 100 mile ride.

I have now noticed that tge Shimano 105 CN-5701 chain which is directional is on the wrong way round. I havecnot experienced any problems except for tge chain coming off once, so should I get it turnedcround ASAP.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

it didn't really make any difference anyway. they binned it after one groupset revision

al_bullit | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its only directional for shifting performance. The next time you have the chain off, I'd stick it back on the right way around, but I'd not worry to much about it in the meantime.

The biggest problem will be your mates all repeatedly telling you that you have your chain on the wrong way around...

Simon E replied to al_bullit | 10 years ago
0 likes
al_bullit wrote:

The biggest problem will be your mates all repeatedly telling you that you have your chain on the wrong way around...

I wouldn't know how a directional chain differs from a standard one.

I reckon your biggest problem is that it will be in the back of your mind until you turn it round. It looks like it's yougr keynboard is what requirtes fixing.

Latest Comments