Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Help please - bar and stem compatibility

Hi folks. In need of a new stem for my RB. I fancy a Deda but I think the bar clamp is 31.7mm on Deda while my bars (and most brands OS size) are 31.6mm. Will this work? Sounds like a recipe for slipping bars to me by then again 0.1mm across a diameter isn't a lot. Has anyone done this? Does it work or is it a no no? I'm sure if it worked they would just make them 31.6 like everyone else. I can only imagine they do this so anyone wanting to use their stuff has to buy both bars and stem.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

joemmo | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'd be surprised if most bars and stems are with +- 0.2mm anyway so it won't be a problem. FWIW I'm using Deda RHM01 bars in a Ritchey stem and FSA bars in a Deda stem with no problems. It's really nice kit and good value for money, the Zero2 stem is a bargain, looks about 3 times the price.

robert.brady | 10 years ago
0 likes

Technically most oversized bars are 31.8mm but you can mix and match with Deda's 31.7mm with no problems.

Rob

bikeandy61 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lifting up the forum.

Latest Comments