cycling cafe or bar Paris

by sm   June 22, 2013  

Anyone know a decent place to watch the tour de France in a bar or cafe in Paris?

6 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Ummm in Paris?

Champs elysee
Place de la conconcorde

Usually the best places to watch it if ur talking the final stage ...

posted by chiv30 [859 posts]
23rd June 2013 - 7:34

like this
Like (4)

I'll be in Paris for a few of the earlier stages so won't be able to see the race in the flesh. Was wondering if there was a cycling cafe of some sorts in Paris but seems such things are hard to come by.

The Human Cyclist A blog. Try it, you might like it...

sm's picture

posted by sm [345 posts]
23rd June 2013 - 9:13

like this
Like (4)

sm wrote:
I'll be in Paris for a few of the earlier stages so won't be able to see the race in the flesh. Was wondering if there was a cycling cafe of some sorts in Paris but seems such things are hard to come by.

Not sure on cycling cafes but the amount of cafes/pubs just off the champs and knowing how mad the French are about the tour I'm sure there will be a place or two thatwill have it on , enjoy your trip Smile

posted by chiv30 [859 posts]
23rd June 2013 - 10:04

like this
Like (3)

Cheers Chiv, will head over and see what I can find. Apparently unlike the rest of folk in France, Parisians aren't too fussed about the TdF. These metro types eh?

sm's picture

posted by sm [345 posts]
23rd June 2013 - 10:48

like this
Like (4)

This website lists bars in France and sporting events they show... not sure info 100 per cent guaranteed, and at the moment it doesn't list all stages, but it may be a good place to start - for the stage on 1 July, it's showing one bar, the Long Hop in the 5th (Latin Quarter).

It also shows some bars that may be showing the Tour but they don't have details... will give you some names to work on though.

http://www.allomatch.com/watch-live-game-pub/france/cyclisme/tour-de-fra...

Personally if I needed to find somewhere in a rush and wasn't able to check online, I'd head for Rue Princesse in the 6th (St-Germain)... it's a narrow street only 100 yards or so long, but it is wall to wall sports bars. If you're going to find the Tour anywhere, it will be there.

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [8020 posts]
23rd June 2013 - 11:53

like this
Like (2)

Top tips, thanks a lot Simon.

sm's picture

posted by sm [345 posts]
23rd June 2013 - 20:28

like this
Like (4)