Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

cycling cafe or bar Paris

Anyone know a decent place to watch the tour de France in a bar or cafe in Paris?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Simon_MacMichael | 10 years ago
0 likes

This website lists bars in France and sporting events they show... not sure info 100 per cent guaranteed, and at the moment it doesn't list all stages, but it may be a good place to start - for the stage on 1 July, it's showing one bar, the Long Hop in the 5th (Latin Quarter).

It also shows some bars that may be showing the Tour but they don't have details... will give you some names to work on though.

http://www.allomatch.com/watch-live-game-pub/france/cyclisme/tour-de-fra...

Personally if I needed to find somewhere in a rush and wasn't able to check online, I'd head for Rue Princesse in the 6th (St-Germain)... it's a narrow street only 100 yards or so long, but it is wall to wall sports bars. If you're going to find the Tour anywhere, it will be there.

sm replied to Simon_MacMichael | 10 years ago
0 likes

Top tips, thanks a lot Simon.

sm | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'll be in Paris for a few of the earlier stages so won't be able to see the race in the flesh. Was wondering if there was a cycling cafe of some sorts in Paris but seems such things are hard to come by.

chiv30 replied to sm | 10 years ago
0 likes
sm wrote:

I'll be in Paris for a few of the earlier stages so won't be able to see the race in the flesh. Was wondering if there was a cycling cafe of some sorts in Paris but seems such things are hard to come by.

Not sure on cycling cafes but the amount of cafes/pubs just off the champs and knowing how mad the French are about the tour I'm sure there will be a place or two thatwill have it on , enjoy your trip  1

sm replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Chiv, will head over and see what I can find. Apparently unlike the rest of folk in France, Parisians aren't too fussed about the TdF. These metro types eh?

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ummm in Paris?

Champs elysee
Place de la conconcorde

Usually the best places to watch it if ur talking the final stage ...

Latest Comments