Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2013 crank compatibility SRAM vs. Dura-Ace 7900

I'm currently doing a build with 2013 SRAM drivetrain minus the crankset. The frame has an English BB shell and I installed a GXP BB. I have a 7900 groupset. I'm also going to building up a carbon bike(970 g) within a year. My plan is to move my SRAM drivetrain over to the carbon bike, hence my quandry. The carbon bike is a BB30 shell which wouldn't work if I bought the SRAM Red GXP crank. So, any thoughts how a 7900 crank would work with the 2013 SRAM yaw front derailleur?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

bigant | 10 years ago
0 likes

SRAM and others (praxis works spring to mind) make bb30 -> gxp adapters. Chris king and rotor make bottom brackets that allow mixing and matching of different standard bb's and cranks.

So you should be fine with your original plan.  1

landdnl replied to bigant | 10 years ago
0 likes

Within a year I'm going to be building up a carbon frame(weight weenie project) that has a BB30 shell. I'm going to move the SRAM drivetrain over to this ultralite build(Shooting for 11.5 lbs.), and purchase a SRAM Red BB30 crank which is quite a bit lighter than the GXP version(BB68) plus I won't need an adapter which would add a little bit more weight. Sorry I didn't explain the details, but my post was too long already.

Latest Comments