Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best Road Shoes for about £100

I thought i'd ask your oppinions on what are the best road shoes for about £100. My old DMT's are falling apart. I've had them for 15years - but they don't do the same model any more. So what shall I buy - what do you all think? what do you all wear on your feet?
Thanks in anticipation  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

ashfanman | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've got some Mavic Avenges, which I'm very pleased with. The sole isn't full carbon, but still pretty stiff and light, well made, ratchet closure, etc. Mavic do half sizes all the way up to a UK 13, too, which is good for those of us with big feet. (Though they do size up about half a size small.)

Jon Burrage | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bonts, the riot is an exceptional shoe for the money. Most shops have shimano, we do, we also have pearl izumi, mavic and northwave as well as bont. There is choice to try but it might not be easy to find if you aren't in a larger town/city

Fringe | 10 years ago
0 likes

Have you bought any new ones yet? If so what did you get

alexjones5 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fizik R3, half price on wiggle!!

therevokid | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lakes are nice  1

Gary rb | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thank you all for your always appreciated commens.
Foot wear seems to be a nightmare for getting the right fit. I too have been going to the LBS, but they have limited stocks and are not much help. Kucky we don't have to buy boots that often  4
Thanks again for your replies

mattsccm | 10 years ago
0 likes

LBS ( actually 3) all have the same stock. Shimano and that's it and they don't fit.
Hence I have to do something I never do and go mail order.

Will Steed | 10 years ago
0 likes

Shimano R170. Retail at 150 but with discount code I got them for just over 100 on ribble. Great shoes. Super light and super stiff.

mattsccm | 10 years ago
0 likes

Exactly the same question from me.
How do Diadora sizes come up? My reference would be Specialized

Fringe replied to mattsccm | 10 years ago
0 likes
mattsccm wrote:

Exactly the same question from me.
How do Diadora sizes come up? My reference would be Specialized

You see this kinda ties in with another thread regarding LBS..you need to try shoes on to get a good idea of fit. Not impossible with Internet shopping I grant you, but far easier to go to the shops and handle the goods(!?)

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sigma have knocked a tenner off those Bonts, just had an email.

I've got Specialized, the Elite I think, currently £90. They've been fine.

Jezzag | 10 years ago
0 likes

Happy with the DHB (Wiggle own brand) with carbon soles. Currently £75. Bargain: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r20c-carbon-road-cycling-shoe/

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Get some with BOA ratchets on - they're awesome.

eg. Spesh Comps.

KirinChris | 10 years ago
0 likes

You can get some Gaerne shoes on Chain Reaction at the moment for around 100 pounds. The Mythos are about that and if you can stretch to 120-ish you will get the full carbon sole version.

Same features as shoes twice the price, which is their RRP.

Really good shoes. Look great, very stiff, nice shape around the foot and well ventilated. If you have wide feet they might be on the slim side would be my only comment but my normal size 9.5s are fine.

I have gone from Bont A1s to the Gaerne and am very happy.

Jaltham | 10 years ago
0 likes

DMT Radials, love 'em!

big shug | 10 years ago
0 likes

Giro Trans - maybe need to stretch to 120; but they are great on my feet.

Fringe | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bont Riot's. 1p short of your £100 and I reckon the lightest and stiffest you get at that price.
(Heat mouldable as well).

Latest Comments