Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Il Lombardia 2013

Hi,

I've booked flights to Milan during the first week of October to coincide with Lombardia. I notice that RCS have finally confirmed this week that this year's route is going to be similar to last year - covering the Muro di Sormano and Ghisallo before climbing Villa Vergano and finishing at Lecco.

I was hoping for advice from anyone that has been to see the race before - Where to stay? How to get around? Where to watch?

Ideally, I would like to be able to travel around by public transport, but is this feasible (especially on a Sunday)? Are there reliable routes that would take me from a larger settlement (i.e. Lecco or Como, or somewhere touristy like Bellagio) to somewhere near Sormano or Villa Vergano? I'd be willing to walk up to an hour from a bus stop to a good spectating spot.

If anyone went over last year (or any other previous year) I'd be very grateful for any advice you have.

Thanks,

Ifan

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments