Tour De France - Stage 1 - Predicted top 5

by backflipbedlem   June 20, 2013  

Obviously The Tour is getting closer!
And teams are getting picked!

Just wondered who people thought might finish in the top 5 for stage 1.

15 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Sprinters....

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [7945 posts]
20th June 2013 - 13:58

like this
Like (1)

sure, here goes.... oh wait, you basically want my team! good try....

johnny2names's picture

posted by johnny2names [174 posts]
20th June 2013 - 14:16

like this
Like (0)

A British guy, a couple of Europeans, an Ozzie and a Yank. not in that order.

Smile

posted by stevemarks [324 posts]
20th June 2013 - 15:09

like this
Like (0)

If you click on Fantasy cycling then click "my team" followed by "pick team" you will have a list which includes the top 20 for every stage for the whole tour before they have even started racing, its really clever how they do it.

Mind you the difficult bit is guessing in which order they will come. Have fun Wink

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2362 posts]
20th June 2013 - 15:34

like this
Like (0)

It'll be a Goss, Farrar 1-2 Big Grin

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [798 posts]
20th June 2013 - 16:30

like this
Like (0)

Ok ok, worth a try! Wink

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [538 posts]
20th June 2013 - 16:47

like this
Like (1)

Euskatel are always up there

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1149 posts]
20th June 2013 - 19:17

like this
Like (0)

Though they might be tired if they have to cycle to the start line, seeing that the Euskatel coach had a little prang...check out
"El autobús del Euskaltel sufre un accidente en Burgos"

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1149 posts]
20th June 2013 - 19:18

like this
Like (1)

Picking 3 of the top 6 for stage 1 shouldn't be that hard, and it's not where the tdf (real or fantasy) is won or lost. Picking riders to fill out the team and knowing what to do on stages 2 and 3, well, that's a bit harder.

Here's some random names and numbers I found.
Mark Cavendish 5/6
Andre Greipel 7/2
Marcel Kittel 13/2
Nacer Bouhanni 12
Matthew Goss 16
Peter Sagan 16
John Degenkolb 40
Tyler Farrar 40
Aleksander Kristoff 50
Edvald Boasson Hagen 50
Mark Renshaw 66
Yauheni Hutarovich 80

posted by cherrypicked [117 posts]
21st June 2013 - 2:36

like this
Like (0)

Ghedebrav wrote:
It'll be a Goss, Farrar 1-2 Big Grin

I wouldn't mind betting that at least one of them hits the floor during the stage!!

posted by ray silvester [1472 posts]
21st June 2013 - 10:52

like this
Like (0)

cherrypicked wrote:
Picking 3 of the top 6 for stage 1 shouldn't be that hard, and it's not where the tdf (real or fantasy) is won or lost. Picking riders to fill out the team and knowing what to do on stages 2 and 3, well, that's a bit harder.

Here's some random names and numbers I found.
Mark Cavendish 5/6
Andre Greipel 7/2
Marcel Kittel 13/2
Nacer Bouhanni 12
Matthew Goss 16
Peter Sagan 16
John Degenkolb 40
Tyler Farrar 40
Aleksander Kristoff 50
Edvald Boasson Hagen 50
Mark Renshaw 66
Yauheni Hutarovich 80

Very true

I'll be picking a team with stage 2 in mind and then work backwards to put 2 pure sprinters in for the opener.

Then hopefully my stage 2 team holds together up till stage 8 with just a tweak here and there so that I've got as many transfers as possible.

posted by ray silvester [1472 posts]
21st June 2013 - 11:38

like this
Like (1)

ray silvester wrote:
cherrypicked wrote:
Picking 3 of the top 6 for stage 1 shouldn't be that hard, and it's not where the tdf (real or fantasy) is won or lost. Picking riders to fill out the team and knowing what to do on stages 2 and 3, well, that's a bit harder.

Here's some random names and numbers I found.
Mark Cavendish 5/6
Andre Greipel 7/2
Marcel Kittel 13/2
Nacer Bouhanni 12
Matthew Goss 16
Peter Sagan 16
John Degenkolb 40
Tyler Farrar 40
Aleksander Kristoff 50
Edvald Boasson Hagen 50
Mark Renshaw 66
Yauheni Hutarovich 80

Very true

I'll be picking a team with stage 2 in mind and then work backwards to put 2 pure sprinters in for the opener.

Then hopefully my stage 2 team holds together up till stage 8 with just a tweak here and there so that I've got as many transfers as possible.

That is some planning going on ....I'm just winging Corsica full stop

posted by chiv30 [533 posts]
21st June 2013 - 17:08

like this
Like (0)

chiv30 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
cherrypicked wrote:
Picking 3 of the top 6 for stage 1 shouldn't be that hard, and it's not where the tdf (real or fantasy) is won or lost. Picking riders to fill out the team and knowing what to do on stages 2 and 3, well, that's a bit harder.

Here's some random names and numbers I found.
Mark Cavendish 5/6
Andre Greipel 7/2
Marcel Kittel 13/2
Nacer Bouhanni 12
Matthew Goss 16
Peter Sagan 16
John Degenkolb 40
Tyler Farrar 40
Aleksander Kristoff 50
Edvald Boasson Hagen 50
Mark Renshaw 66
Yauheni Hutarovich 80

Very true

I'll be picking a team with stage 2 in mind and then work backwards to put 2 pure sprinters in for the opener.

Then hopefully my stage 2 team holds together up till stage 8 with just a tweak here and there so that I've got as many transfers as possible.

That is some planning going on ....I'm just winging Corsica full stop

My plan is to pick a team that lasts at least to stage 5 without making a transfer than I can change the whole team whenever I like without any of those pesky penalties. Cuando cambio mi equipo del todo, Enrique, voy a avisarte immediatemente.

posted by stevemarks [324 posts]
22nd June 2013 - 12:08

like this
Like (0)

Am I supposed to mention that premium players can see the teams of non premium players before the stage starts. It makes it easier to beat Enrique when you know what he has picked. Devil Devil Devil

J Andrew Hill

Its a marathon, not a snickers

...

JAndrewHill's picture

posted by JAndrewHill [1149 posts]
22nd June 2013 - 20:28

like this
Like (0)

JAndrewHill wrote:
Am I supposed to mention that premium players can see the teams of non premium players before the stage starts. It makes it easier to beat Enrique when you know what he has picked. Devil Devil Devil

And gives us the Lanterne Rouge on most stages!!

posted by ray silvester [1472 posts]
23rd June 2013 - 10:36

like this
Like (0)