Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Who's got a MARIN road bike?

Finally convinced the wife that a new road bike or me would be a good thing.  4

I've had a look at the Specialized , Trek, Hoy etc models in my price range, currently up to about a grand, and I need one with a more relaxed geometry like a Secteur due to age and lower back problems.

I am an unapologetic MARIN fan having had a number of their mountain bikes and now they are doing road bikes I fancy trying one for size/fit. But can I find a dealer?, can I hell.

Cycle Surgery are supposed to carry them but not around here in the Guildford/Surrey area. I had a look at one in Action Bikes in Whitton earlier in the week but it was at least one size too small so...

Does anyone on here ride one of the 2012/2013 generation MARIN bikes? What is it? What does it ride like? Would you buy another one? Where did you get it?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

middlering | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oops  1 ... It seemed like too much of a coincidence to not be true. She lives in Brockham, though, not Guilford.

middlering | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think your wife and I may be connected on Google+ (yes, some of us do use it  3 ... Read her post earlier asking about feedback on Marin bikes for touring, et al.

jova54 replied to middlering | 10 years ago
0 likes
middlering wrote:

I think your wife and I may be connected on Google+ (yes, some of us do use it  3 ... Read her post earlier asking about feedback on Marin bikes for touring, et al.

Not my wife middlering, unless she's learnt to use a computer in the last two weeks.  4

She is a complete technophobe.

I'm also on Google+ but have very little traffic on it.

I like Marin bikes, not mass-produced mainstream like Spesh and Trek, although they are both good brands with good reputations; but they have been at the forefront of innovations for years. Heard recently that they have been sold to an investment company, hope it means more money for development rather than making bikes purely for profit.

Thanks for your input, good to know there's a few more Marin riders out there.

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Replied.
Hope it works out.

jova54 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers for the offer. PM'd you

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

There is one on test in latest Cycling Plus (summer 2013 issue) @ £1400.

It's the Verona T3 and it gets 3 1/2 out of 5 star rating.

Plus points were light and smooth ride.

Just reading about it this lunch time. I have a contact at Cycle Surgery who uses this site - email me via my profile and I will send you his name and see if he can arrange to get one in for you to look at.

Latest Comments