Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Riders with similar names

I can't be the only one who confuses riders and puts the "wrong" one on my team from time to time. So who do you get mixed up in your head?

These ones have messed me up so far:

Gorka Izaguirre & Jon Izaguirre

Grabsch, Gretsch, Geschke, Rasch, and someone elseschkschch I can't think of right now

Thibaut Pinot, Cedric Pineau, and Jerome Pineau

Cameron Meyer, Christian Meier, and Travis Meyer

And probably the most embarrassing two I've mixed up would be Pinotti and Scarponi.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Markel Irizar nad Jan Bakelants....or was that just the ITV commentary crew!!

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dupont, Hupond, Huguet. Not that I ever pick any of them.

TheBigMong | 10 years ago
0 likes

I done it again... Quintana and Quinziato.  40

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Demare and Delage

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

There are two Feillus, and two Henaos as well. And of course the Downings.

For some reason I always confuse Eisel and Kittel. No sane reason for this though (also suffer with Kadri/Gadret, Duarte/Duque and Gretcsh/Grabsch).

Other oddities:

Niemiec (which I think I correctly pronounce nee-em-ee-ets) always makes the mahna-mahna song from the Muppets pop into my head. Also his first name (Przemyslaw) is hilariously unpronouncable.

Nairo Quintana - whenever I hear his name, I think of Jesus Quintana, the pederastic bowler from The Big Lebowski, specifically the quote "F---in' Quintana man? That creep can roll".

Henao - makes me think of Crowded House ("Hey now, Hey now...")

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yohann Gene (Europcar) and Yohan Bagot (Cofidis)

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

During last years Giro I put £5 on J Rodriguez to win a particular stage at 500/1 thinking I'd got amazing odds, turns out I bet on Jackson Rodriguez.

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

During last years Giro I put £5 on J Rodriguez to win a particular stage at 500/1 thinking I'd got amazing odds, turns out I bet on Jackson Rodriguez.

Good old J-Rod II

there's also Vanendert's,Moreno's,Sagan's,Schleck's,Chavanel's(and a Chainel!!),Martin's,Velits',Dumoulin's,Izagirre's,Caruso's and Haedo's just at the elitre end of the sport but the one's I always mix up are:

Ivan Santamorita and Mauro Santambrogio
Theo Bos and Lars Boom
Thomas Lofqvist and Lars Petter Nordhaug

Could be worse though I've seen Carlton Kirby mix up Bernie Eisel and Ian Stannard....whilst Stannard was wearing the GB champs kit!!

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

and that spaniard sanchez...

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Always used to mix up Tanel Kangert and Bram Tankink not any more though.....  19  19

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nicki and Chris Anker Sorensen of course.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

José Herrada Lopez and Jesus Herrada Lopez

Latest Comments