Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Waterproof Jacket Reccomendations

Hi all,

I've been looking for a while for a new waterproof jacket. At the moment I have a packaway jacket I keep in a jersey pocket for if I get caught in the rain, but I'd like something a bit warmer and heavier duty, ideally that I could use through the winter. In terms of price, somewhere about £100 is fine but I don't want to spend silly money.

I've been looking anjd the 2 that have caught my eye so far are the Castelli Confronto and the Sportful Fiandre No-Rain, anyone have either of these? Or have any recommendations for others I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

alexjones5 | 10 years ago
0 likes

the no rain Sportful stuff is fantastic. Highly recommended for Summer.
The Rapha cape (silly money) is he only bit of rapha kit I would ever recommend also. Was given one as a gift and the fit, waterproofing etc is top drawer

pirnie | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers bike_food. It does look pretty good, lots of good reviews and at £140 at sigma its quite tempting!

Other suggestions still welcome!

bike_food | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bit above your budget but worth mentioning as it does go on offer occasionally, Sportful survival, totally waterproof.

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

The dhb one is pretty good.

Latest Comments