Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dauphine Stage 7

So time for the mountain goats! Where's everyone leaning?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

56 comments

chiv30 replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

i would love to be on Alpe d'Huez...I can fantasize I guess.

I will be come July , get to watch them twice  4

Was on the col du glandon last year and I still can't get over how wick they can go uphill the wierd part is looking DOWN on a helicopter in flight  13

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Did lots of people have konig? I did

0 likes

Yea I foolishly picked a 3.6 rider as my budget team filling rider, so missed out on 0.6, lesson learnt. Hoping by missing the deadline I've accidentally done my self a favour. Already had quite a good mountain team, but avoided messing with my team for sake of it. Also left with 4 transfers tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.
Anyone know how Barguil is after his crash?

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Out:M & M(Meersman and Matthews)
In:Rogers and Konig

Froome
Kwiatkowski
Veilleux
Damuseau
Fonseca
Dennis
Navarro(my tip for the day)
Rogers
Konig

another good stage yesterday(40th)and climbing the rankings rapidly but alas the 3 V's for victory have meant I never had a look in.

Philip Unwin replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Froome
Kwiatkowski
Veilleux
Damuseau
Fonseca
Dennis
Rogers
Konig

another good stage yesterday(40th)and climbing the rankings rapidly but alas the 3 V's for victory have meant I never had a look in.

Shame about Konig

ray silvester replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

Froome
Kwiatkowski
Veilleux
Damuseau
Fonseca
Dennis
Rogers
Konig

Shame about Konig

Damn.....I had enough credits for Fuglsang too.....caught out a bit by the early deadline this morning and logged on with five minutes to go so hadn't read any of the overnight news.
P*$!-Poor preparation produces P*$!-Poor performance!!

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

DNS
Pinotti
Viviani
Durasek

Philip Unwin replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

DNS
Pinotti
Viviani
Durasek

Also DNS
Rabon
Leopold
Voss

Philip Unwin replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:
Philip Unwin wrote:

DNS
Pinotti
Viviani
Durasek

Also DNS
Rabon
Leopold
Voss

Correction
Leopold Konig DNS

cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes

Vote 1, 3 way showdown for KOM jersey. Damuseau, veilleux and seeldrayers. Moreno for the win.  39

0 likes

...And that Rolland flops again

0 likes

shoot think i missed the deadline!
well lets hope meersman does well then! Doh!!!!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

No Froome, Rogers or Valverde for me.....I'm going to score big  19

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Valverde, Froome, Rogers, Porte + 5 x DS

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

After stage 1 with 48 points i was 1187th  31 now i'm sitting in 77th  13 don't ask me how i've done it cause i felt i was struggling!

10 Point penalty. Gone for Valverde and a few others  26

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well I have taken 20 penalty points as I have nothing to loose, and I have gone down the lieutenants route. Id like to think I could have 4 in the top 10, 6 in the top 15

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

7  39

I suppose you could take a huge punt on Garate or Charteau but in all honesty you're looking at picking a random for the break at that price.

There's some decent choices between 7 and 10 that may be worth a pick but not much below 7.

That is, unless you don't have Veilleux who may still pick up a couple of jersey points and might give 5 points in the event of a Rolland win.

0 likes

Lol indeed, all I know is I don't have enough money, who's the best climber for 7 Bucks?

ray silvester replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Lol indeed, all I know is I don't have enough money, who's the best climber for 7 Bucks?

Damuseau for KOM pts if you can stretch it to 7.1?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not sure on Rolland, its his kind of stage but Europcar have won a stage and may choose to save Rolland for the Tour, why risk him when as a team you've achieved what you set out to do? Two stages in a row though would be appealing and Rolland might want to test his fitness.

Unpredictable tomorrow but a climber will win. Froome may take it or the pack may watch Porte ride away while marking Froome... Then again, Contador/Valverde/Rodriguez may want to put down a marker and go hard or they may let their lieutenants have a shot (Rogers/Moreno etc).

Who knows? Not me, that's for sure.

0 likes

K, Cheers for the above doc, what you think of Rollands chances, says he wants to go for a stage win, this could it?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bertie is Alberto Contador, and I wouldn't drop Froome. Froome looks strong, in form and looking to get the upper hand over the likes of Contador in the pre-tour mind games by grindng his rivals into the dust.

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Bertie is Alberto Contador, and I wouldn't drop Froome. Froome looks strong, in form and looking to get the upper hand over the likes of Contador in the pre-tour mind games by grindng his rivals into the dust.

Or Beefy after his mishap with an EPO marinated steak!!

0 likes

Whos bertie btw?

0 likes

Was thinking of ditching froome to free up some cash, and to try something different to everyone else, or is that not a good idea. He gets 10 points for leading gc, but hoping a break could get away, but could be completely wrong!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've gone a full throttle Froome, Bertie and Valverde with the rest being there to make up the places and a possible break.

Pages

Latest Comments