Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Criterium du Dauphine stage 6

Well the usual breakaway for this stage, but will it last or will the likes of OPQS come to the fore so Meersman can all but wrap up the points jersey.

Decision time for transfers, no doubt there will be a lot of people swapping Bertie / JRod for Froome / Valverde.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My purist for this stage was Hoogerland....maybe tomorrow  19

chiv30 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

My purist for this stage was Hoogerland....maybe tomorrow  19

Looking at the way he climbed today I'd suggest not .....tomorrow is possibly a day that would suit ten dam , plus being so far off gc he would be allowed to go ....
Ultimately it will depend on how sky want to tackle the first 3 climbs , if they attack from the off to shell ppl then any break hopes will be shot down until after the feed point

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

not a great day today, at least i carried one transfer forward. fun and games tomorrow again hopefully!

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Down to 27th overall, wasnt planning on doing that well today, hoping for better in the next few stages

chiv30 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

...his price for breakaway points doesn't make it worth sacrificing anyone...

I guess we're looking at it differently... I think he's worth bringing in on a day like today for someone like Froome, if you're really (!) behind and then swapping him back out the next stage... I think you're talking about having him and keeping him on the whole race.. Which I agree I wouldn't do... I meant for my list to be people you swap in...

Can I ask why you kept froome in then and not swap him out for tommy v ?
Even with a 10 point penalty he would have been worth it today ......  39

Stumps replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

I guess we're looking at it differently... I think he's worth bringing in on a day like today for someone like Froome, if you're really (!) behind and then swapping him back out the next stage... I think you're talking about having him and keeping him on the whole race.. Which I agree I wouldn't do... I meant for my list to be people you swap in...

Balls, or lack of  19

chiv30 replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

Balls, or lack of  19

I was trying to be serious but that just made me  24

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The nightmare continues, gonna take some hefty penalty points tomorrow me thinks

ray silvester replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
enrique wrote:

...my picks for...a breakaway:
... 34.2 Thomas Voeckler..

chiv30 wrote:

And judging on your finishing position in the Giro.......I'll ignore the breakaway advice you have given  7

Heh heh!  1

Voeckler scored no breakaway points only those for his stage win and GC placing!!

Pages

Latest Comments