Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sore feet!

Got my first road bike last year and after much deliberation, finally went over to clip ins a few months ago. Got spd pedals and Specialized shoes and when I went out first time had really cold and sore feet - but as it was only 5c outside, I thought that was why. Went out this week - was warm this time - and got back with really numb toes again. Had been out in between but only for short rides of less than an hour and not much of a problem then. Any-one else suffered the same or know a solution?
Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a bad time with my right big toe. I have tried moving my cleat as far back and far to the outside as I can to move the shoe forward and inwards and relieve pressure. But I just found it was me flexing my foot in a funny way and tensing against the sole. Relaxation is important, remember force is coming from your legs not your feet.

Some Fella | 10 years ago
0 likes

Repeat what Shanefutcher said. Need to find the sweet spot for your cleats.
I have murder over my feet - can never get it just right but i think im right in saying the point of contact between the cleat and pedal should be directly underneath the place behind your toes where your feet come into contact with the shoe - or else your toes are taking most of the pressure - hence the numbness.
Its a matter of trial and error and neither foot is the same - i have different setting for different feet and insoles in one shoe and not the other. Im sure a podiatrist would go mad to hear that but its what works for me.

Shanefutcher | 10 years ago
0 likes

Think your cleats are too high on your foot.try lowering them slightly.also buy some comfy insoles

Latest Comments