Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!

Ok Guys!
I'm 13th overall, don't know how it happened, but so close to a high roller badge! Don't know when this chance might happen again! I'm 10 points off and only got 2 transfers!
I'm basically asking for your help!

Current team:

Froome
Meersman
Porte
Barguil
Janse Van Rensburg
Veilleux
Fairly
Martin
Pinotti

Thinking of getting out Martin, and Pinotti, as only brought them in for TT, but doesn't give me much money to work with!

What do you guys think? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

47 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Froome
Valverde (for Martin)
Barguil (for Chavanel)
Porte
Pinotti
Elissonde
Veilleux
Barhane
Fonseca

Figured today suited Valverde more than the climbers like Rolland and Barguil was a cheap replacement for Chava to free up credits. Figured there was no-one else at the 10 credit mark worth replacing Pinotti with so left him in.

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all your help guys! Last 10 mins of worrying, hope my phone holds out.

0 likes

Westra or de broek?

obutterwick replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Westra or de broek?

Of the two, Van den Broek, but I wouldn't choose either. I'm fancying Konig to do something today.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sorry folks, scores were updated. I missed 1 point from Froome  19

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

scores updating i think

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Erm...my team has disappeared and I only have 2 transfers to fill the 9 empty slots. No riders available for selection either. Bug?

Skibish replied to obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

mine was like that, but now says game being updated. I think something similar has happened before when scores were being edited. Hopefully will all be back to normal soon.

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

My tip tomorrow is Fumi Beppu, he's a local rider, so is bound to be in the day's break and pick up a barrel full of points.

Also consider Geraint Thomas, he's strong on these sorts of finishes.

Definite top 3 on the stage tomorrow is Tony Martin, he'll be wanting to repeat his stage victory from today, and clearly has a lot of form in his legs!

backflipbedlem replied to Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Definite top 3 on the stage tomorrow is Tony Martin, he'll be wanting to repeat his stage victory from today, and clearly has a lot of form in his legs!

You think? Do I leave him in then? Lol

drheaton replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

I do believe that Raleigh is taking the piss  4

backflipbedlem replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

I do believe that Raleigh is taking the piss  4

Thought as much, thanks for your help dude, defo wasted too much time stressing over that. The joys of fantasy players everywhere!
Let's see how it pans out!
Gone konig and De gendt for Meersman and martin

0 likes

Meersman no good tomorrow then?????? Ahhhh!! Spent too much time worrying about this, might just do nothing and go to bed, lol! And hope I remeber the transfer deadline in morning!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Having already picked up both badges I'll be aiming for the a top ten overall at the end of the race rather than just trying to peak now.

Its hard to get yourself in to a position where you have a chance of a top ten so it would be a tough call to maybe throw the chance of a top ten overall away for the sake of getting into the top ten now but handicapping yourself.

That being said, in the grand scheme of things the 20 points you might lose from taking a penalty transfer now and again ahead of stage 6 might be worth it if you can bring in someone extra for Meersman, if you brought in Van den Broeck/Westra/De Gendt/Slagter/Taaramae and they finished top 5 then it might be worth it, its just balancing the possibility of it not paying off against the upside.

At least with Meersman you know there's pretty much no chance of him scoring tomorrow so you won't lose out on any points he may get.

0 likes

Cheers dude, so many options! dont know if i could risk a penalty, cant see any obvious choices to bring in!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Also, a ten point penalty may be worth considering if it allows you to make one more change that pays off. Its risky but could make all the difference.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

It depends on whether you want to sacrifice long term benefit for short term gain (ie your high roller badge).

Long term, dropping Martin and Pinotti is probably the best bet and you keep Meersman for stage 6 meaning one less transfer there.

Short term you could drop Meersman and Martin to free up credits and bring in strongest climbers. It helps tomorrow but not on stage 6 so may hurt your chances of possibly getting a 'Tour top ten' badge.

Pages

Latest Comments