Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vittoria PITSTOP

So my valve extender exploded, my front tub (Corsa Elite) deflated and I picked up a small puncture opposite the valve at Hog Hill last week.

I don't really want to shell out for new Tubs, and I've heard that Vittoria tyres are irreparable.

I came across Vittoria Pitstop, which looks almost too good to be true.

I've got a couple of questions:

1). Is it easy to apply? I've heard loads of horror stories

2). Will it last forever? I only want to repair a tiny puncture

3). Will it hold to 170psi?

Thanks,

LL

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well I posted the same question on Time Trialling Forum (my new favourite place):

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79791

Basically I think Vittoria's are made differently to other tubs. You'd have to send them off to Burgin (see link) and he charges £16

I've ordered another Corsa Elite off ribble for peace of mind.

Basically I think Vittorias are generally considered to be really good tyres.

700c | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'd be interested to know anyone's experience since I've bought two but not yet had to use them with my tubs..

I've not heard that Vittoria's can't be repaired either - I run these as well.. Is this from a reliable source?

You'll never get them inflated 170 psi - they reckon 90 psi on websites I've seen using the canister, so enough to continue your ride but you'd struggle to race on them as they are.

Guess you could top up when you got home, once it's sealed it should be good for higher pressures, I reckon

Latest Comments