Fizik R3 high arch issue .. how to resolve

by kupepe   May 31, 2013  

Hello,

my gf bought me a pair of the previous model of Fizik R3 for a present, cause she knew I adored them.

Unfortunately, i feel the high arch of the insole ... too high.

If i used a pair of moldable insoles from Sida would that issue be resolved or it has nothing to do with the insole and its the way the sole of the shoe is constructed. I really like them and would not like to return them for another model.

I have not been riding with them just wearing them in the house for a day to see the fit.

Thank you

4 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Nice present!

If you pull the insole out of the shoe, what is the arch like underneath?

If the high arch is in the insole, then I guess a custom insole would resolve it. If it's in the shoe construction, then I guess not.

Last night I would have considered trading a very loud baby for a really nice bike.

posted by notfastenough [3475 posts]
31st May 2013 - 7:46

3 Likes

The high arch insole is surprisingly comfortable. I've never had anything like them before but now love my R3s

posted by tao24 [43 posts]
31st May 2013 - 18:42

1 Like

I use esoles insoles with high arches that are very noticeable, bordering on uncomfortable when walking around however they disappear when pedalling and have eliminated hotspot issues I had before fitting them. I suggest you try riding in them. Maybe try the insoles in your existing shoes to see if they are an issue on and off the bike?

posted by bigant [39 posts]
31st May 2013 - 22:50

1 Like

Well ... I should not have spoken before I actually ride with these R3s ... It may feel awkward when you wear them at first but on the bike and a two 100km rides .. WOW .. COMFORTABLE !!!! STIFF !!! the high arch does support wonderfully when riding ...

Thanx all ..

posted by kupepe [63 posts]
2nd June 2013 - 18:05

2 Likes