WTD: Sram red crankset 170mm 50/34 GXP good condition

by lozaldiniho   May 28, 2013  

Dear all, i'm on the look out for a Sram Red crankset in good condition. Has to be compact 50/34, and 170mm cranks, also my bottom bracket is a pressfit, so I think that's termed GXP.

The rest of my Sram red groupset is roughly 18 months old, so in keeping with that age would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hi

Funnily enough I've just swapped cranks on my bike and was about to put exactly that up on eBay.

It's the 2013 Exogram cranks (no rings - that a problem?) with 110mm BCD, 170mm length and they've done no more than 190km.

Let me know if you're interested.

Mark

posted by Gromski [40 posts]
28th May 2013 - 14:36

3 Likes

Mark,

Sounds interesting! Sorry a bit new to all this, but that would be compatible with the rest of my Sram Red group? And the bolt configuration does that impact on what frame i'm sticking it on, or just the chain rings i'm adding?!
And obviously i'd have to buy 2 chain rings separately thereafter to add to the cranks?

Oh and then we get into price I guess!

Thanks,

Loz

posted by lozaldiniho [3 posts]
28th May 2013 - 15:35

3 Likes

No problem Wink

The crankset will be fine with the rest of your gruppo. The only thing you'd need to be wary of is the Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) to make sure it's compatible with your chain rings (not a problem in this case). Generally speaking a BCD of 130mm is standard and 110mm is for compact (your 50/34 rings).

The only other thing to be sure of is the bottom bracket internal diameter that you're fitting them to. The GXP has a 24mm spindle diameter. What BB do you have?

As for price, the full crankset (with rings) goes for between £300 and £340 when new. You'd need to get new rings (I can't seem to find the X-Glide rings on their own).

Make me a sensible offer given how little it's been used. It's pretty much spotless. I'll take some pics this evening and post them.

M

28th May 2013 - 16:20

1 Like

Mark,

Thanks ever so much for your advise. Really sorry to do this, but just bought a used Sram Red crankset on ebay for £100 (plus £7 p&p)! Got an alert through on my phone and just went for it.

Really appreciate your time and advise though. Hope I didn't mess you around too much. Be happy to donate you a beer if you want to send me your email address.

Kind regards,

Loz

posted by lozaldiniho [3 posts]
28th May 2013 - 16:39

2 Likes

Hi Loz

No problem at all - glad you got such a bargain. If, for some reason, the eBay one doesn't work out then drop me a DM. I'm just about to go on holiday so it's unlikely to go anywhere for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy Smile

M

28th May 2013 - 17:22

1 Like