Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

DAUPHINE

Personally think that this could be the race of the year looking at the stages and the declared riders so far....I know some will just use it as TdF training but it should be a cracking tour...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

110 comments

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

... And judging on your finishing position in the Giro.......I'll ignore the breakaway advice you have given  7

6 Come to Papa, little chiv!  4 I dare you not to put any (!), not one (!) of the riders at the end of my list (below) on your team for the Dauphine under any (!) circumstances for the entire race for any (!) reason! Any (!) whatsoever!  16

enrique wrote:

... my picks for most points coming from a breakaway:

31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
32.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel

Take the dare, you little wuss!  1

your list of breakaway riders, does your dare count if you are putting a rider in for reasons other than a breakaway? As I may put Chavanel and/or Gerrans in for certain stages, but due to the fact they can sprint from a select group, but not for a breakaway

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just been checking tv schedule and no live coverage listed as yet because of French open tennis!  14

chiv30 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

... And judging on your finishing position in the Giro.......I'll ignore the breakaway advice you have given  7

6 Come to Papa, little chiv!  4 I dare you not to put any (!), not one (!) of the riders at the end of my list (below) on your team for the Dauphine under any (!) circumstances for the entire race for any (!) reason! Any (!) whatsoever!  16

enrique wrote:

31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
32.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel

Only time any of those riders will be going i'n my team will be for specifics , ie ITT or GC contention ,none would be picked as breakaway riders simply based on thier values and popularity but by all means carry on and load your team with those above and crash and burn and blame it on the lack of transfers again if you like  1

chiv30 replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

No chiv, that's not enrique's fault, its purely because he couldn't roll transfers forward...

Ahhh sorry I keep forgetting he isn't premium ........

Philip Unwin replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Just been checking tv schedule and no live coverage listed as yet because of French open tennis!  14

Yes, they seem only to have live coverage for Thur, Fri and Sat. They had Mon and Tue listed earlier so it looks like it is being cut further. Also looking ahead they have nothing listed for the Tour de Suisse. Obviously they think people prefer to watch paint dry at Roland Garros.

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

... none would be picked as breakaway riders simply based on their values and popularity...

Crap!  1 I was hoping you'd be stupid enough to take the dare and not put any of them on your team at any time...  3

We'll see if you change your mind if De Gendt fails to stay in the Top 20 and it's getting late in the Tour, or if you realize Voeckler and Sanchez have laid low and the Tour is coming to an end, or if you get the feeling Chavanel isn't satisfied with a close call in a sprint from a select group (as TER points out!)...  1

chiv30 wrote:

Only time any of those riders will be going i'n my team will be for specifics , ie ITT or GC contention...

Well, I can see Luis Leon Sanchez and Chavanel on your team for the ITT and maybe Rolland for the overall, maybe Voeckler, too... But I'll damned if most of the points you get from Voeckler, De Gendt, Sanchez, and Fedrigo aren't from a breakaway... And if Gerrans does poorly in Stage 1, I can see him in a breakaway later...

I'll keep tabs on them all and then put the numbers in your face, wussy boy  3

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... does your dare count if you are putting a rider in for reasons other than a breakaway?... I may put Chavanel and/or Gerrans.. they can sprint from a select group...

Well, my dare was a cruel dare. It was meant for you not to have any of those guys on at any moment, which may be unreasonable, granted, but chiv didn't take the bait  39

To your point, I'll probably have Gerrans in for Stage 1 and Chavanel in for a couple of the flatter stages!  1

Meanwhile, I will entertain myself looking for mispelled rider names and monitoring these guys, and the other breakaway riders, after the Dauphine starts to see who gets the most points from a breakaway... Just for fun!  1

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm going for a rider named after a port for stage 1.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've just updated the start list, knock yourselves out picking a team....

P.S. There WILL be some changes before the race, because some riders are in the CONFIRMED start list of TdS  3

Stumps replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Richie ?

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

so picking any kind of decent team seems to basically be impossible  39

too many chiefs, not enough, erm, knowledge  1

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Created both my teams and i think, barring withdrawals, i'm going to stick with them.

It's hurt my brain to much trying to get it sorted with umpteen attempts ending at minus 0.5 or minus 0.1 points  20

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My purist team comes in at 150 exactly  19

No chief's all just plain old indians

Hugh Lupus | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do you go for 5 no hopers with 4 elite riders, who will go for the GC, but may not win stages, or gamble with 7-8 decent riders, who may finish in top 10.... but you'll be lucky if they win the stage.
Picking likely stage winners on the first 3 days is very difficult.
Is EBH riding? He'd do ok for a poss win ...unless he is riding for the Froomster.

Hugh Lupus replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

My purist team comes in at 150 exactly  19

No chief's all just plain old indians

I thought Sohrabi was Iranian, not Indian ???

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Guys - just wanted to say thanks for getting this and especially the TdS open so early - I'm off on holiday soon so its great to be able to get my teams picked before I go. Transfers might be trickier tho' - anyone know a decent internet cafe in Brisbane?!  4

chrisdstripes replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Sydney? Elizabeth? Cockburns?

Getting warmer?

ray silvester replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

They'll change...

Thanks!  1

ray silvester wrote:

A lot of 30+ credit GC types are riding with their first lieutenants...

I wonder what value Luis Leon Sanchez will come in at?  39

Positive?

nickobec replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

anyone know a decent internet cafe in Brisbane?!

Just take your laptop/tablet/phone to the State Library in Brisbane, they have free wifi 24/7

ray silvester replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

A lot of 30+ credit GC types are riding...

stumps wrote:

Spoilt for choice with the list of provisional starters so far... Had a quick guestimate and my team is around 250 points!... Cant wait  4

Hard not to see why!  1

Here's my preliminary list of the Top 20 GC riders for the Dauphine, based on the start lists available right now, in order of my projected final standing with their values according to the current 'Rankings' page:

40.0 Christopher Froome
40.0 Alberto Contador
26.5 Richie Porte
26.8 Nairo Quintana
40.0 Joaquin Rodriguez
16.7 Leopold Konig
28.8 Michal Kwiatkowski
40.0 Alejandro Valverde
28.4 Andrew Talansky
22.3 Michael Rogers
13.8 Kenny Elissonde
27.1 Jurgen Van Den Broeck
25.0 Damiano Caruso
21.6 Samuel Sanchez
30.3 Daniel Moreno
13.8 Daniel Navarro
3.0 Natnael Barhane
15.8 Jerome Coppel
19.2 Jakob Fuglsang
10.8 Damiano Cunego

Of course, the guys below may sneak in and probably will (!) be in the Top 20, too!  1 But they're my picks for most points coming from a breakaway:

31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
32.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel

Gerrans?

No chance for GC....he'll be at least an hour down by the end....he'll be targetting stages 1,3 and 6

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ouch! Teams picked but don't like the look of either of them!

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think my tactics are going to be to go with Classics type guys(plus 2x3.0 credit guys) and keep them till the ITT UNLESS a really cheap KOM/GC/Sprints competition guy emerges.

I see the GC guys holding fire until the Time Trial and then doing battle in the mountains after that to be honest.....unless J-Rod,Rolland,Voeckler and to some extent Valverde are so scared of Froome and Contador's TT'ing that they try and gain seconds beforehand?

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok, just started trying to select my team, and with my limited knowledge and only 2 tours played, this is gonna be tricky.
Lots of riders I've not encountered before who all have great form,
who to pick????
Think this is gonna be a whole team swap after a couple of days!

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I think my tactics are going to be to go with Classics type guys(plus 2x3.0 credit guys) and keep them till the ITT UNLESS a really cheap KOM/GC/Sprints competition guy emerges.

I see the GC guys holding fire until the Time Trial and then doing battle in the mountains after that to be honest.....unless J-Rod,Rolland,Voeckler and to some extent Valverde are so scared of Froome and Contador's TT'ing that they try and gain seconds beforehand?

Agree completely with those tactics Ray, be interesting to see how our teams match up!

ray silvester replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

enrique wrote:

31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
32.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel

Only time any of those riders will be going i'n my team will be for specifics , ie ITT or GC contention ,none would be picked as breakaway riders simply based on thier values and popularity but by all means carry on and load your team with those above and crash and burn and blame it on the lack of transfers again if you like  1

Got to agree with chiv30 on this one.....the 'break guys' you mention are far too expensive just to pick for that reason alone.

Chava can ITT and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Top10GC UNTIL that brutal stage 5......eminently pickable but NOT for breakaway reasons!!

Tivo is just coming back from injury,had an awful Tour of Belgium and is way too expensive for his current form.....plus he'd be marked anyway unless he's like 30minutes back come stage 5/7/8.

Rolland is an outside bet for podium overall but no more than that.....there are some r-e-a-l big boys here and he's just not worth the credits since his youth eligibility ran out.....and once again he'd be marked in any break(Malacarne may be the break guy on Europcar anyway).

DeGendt is a straight out GC guy and despite Westra being more expensive TDG will be the team leader and is actually pretty good value but once again not for breakaway points(and I don't count capers like his 2012 Giro stage win on Stelvio as a mere breakaway.....it was a STAGE WIN).......try Hoogerland instead for a cheaper break option from Vacansoleil.

Gerrans is a possibility for stage 1,3 and 6(his best bet) but will not be in any breaks as he'll be wanting to save energy for whatever he targets?

LuLu's not even riding.

Fedrigo may do something(no more likely than anyone else though in my view--he's hardly Amets Txurruka is he?) but at that sort of price there are far better picks who may score regularly(Cunego?)

I'll be looking at the cheap local guys for break points.

ray silvester replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Ok, just started trying to select my team, and with my limited knowledge and only 2 tours played, this is gonna be tricky.
Lots of riders I've not encountered before who all have great form,
who to pick????
Think this is gonna be a whole team swap after a couple of days!

In my humble opinion I'll give you what I reckon is a genuine headstart(especially in purist).....Kwiatkowski.....Very underrated GC guy with a good finishing kick,excellent ITT'er and he'll get youth points too(I'll be surprised if he doesn't take the youth jersey....even if Talansky's eligible which I don't think he is.)

chiv30 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Got to agree with chiv30 on this one.....the 'break guys' you mention are far too expensive just to pick for that reason alone.

Chava can ITT and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Top10GC UNTIL that brutal stage 5......eminently pickable but NOT for breakaway reasons!!

Tivo is just coming back from injury,had an awful Tour of Belgium and is way too expensive for his current form.....plus he'd be marked anyway unless he's like 30minutes back come stage 5/7/8.

Rolland is an outside bet for podium overall but no more than that.....there are some r-e-a-l big boys here and he's just not worth the credits since his youth eligibility ran out.....and once again he'd be marked in any break(Malacarne may be the break guy on Europcar anyway).

DeGendt is a straight out GC guy and despite Westra being more expensive TDG will be the team leader and is actually pretty good value but once again not for breakaway points(and I don't count capers like his 2012 Giro stage win on Stelvio as a mere breakaway.....it was a STAGE WIN).......try Hoogerland instead for a cheaper break option from Vacansoleil.

Gerrans is a possibility for stage 1,3 and 6(his best bet) but will not be in any breaks as he'll be wanting to save energy for whatever he targets?

LuLu's not even riding.

Fedrigo may do something(no more likely than anyone else though in my view--he's hardly Amets Txurruka is he?) but at that sort of price there are far better picks who may score regularly(Cunego?)

I'll be looking at the cheap local guys for break points.

At least one point there was hopefully a star surprise pick for me JH .......

Still ty for the agreement  4

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

change of Plan. My Purist TeAm Is Now Traditional.
I.e. Gc, Km, Pc, Ar, Ar, Ds, Ds, Ds, Ds
And Not too Bad.

And My port is In Western europe.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have 5x DS 2x AR 2x KM for my purist, being 5x Spanish 2x Belgian 1x French 1x Dutch  4

Ghedebrav replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

change of Plan. My Purist TeAm Is Now Traditional.
I.e. Gc, Km, Pc, Ar, Ar, Ds, Ds, Ds, Ds
And Not too Bad.

And My port is In Western europe.

I think I know...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Any got thoughts on whether Ian Stannard might do something decent here?

I'm always a bit reticent to pick Sky riders for anything other than TTs in stage races, but some of the lumpy stages seem suited to him - just don't know whether he'll be let off the leash at any stage or will be entirely concerned with protecting Froome.

Pages

Latest Comments