Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

DAUPHINE

Personally think that this could be the race of the year looking at the stages and the declared riders so far....I know some will just use it as TdF training but it should be a cracking tour...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

110 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Bretagne, just hope its the right one  39

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'll be honest this is the hardest race of the year to date that I've had to pick for std wise for the 1st stage , Ithink iit's a tougher stage than people here are expecting and tbh I don't think gerrans will get a look in , I read it a lot like some of the Giros mm stages where some of those lumps just crippled the peleton  39

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Start list updated  3

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok std now done for stage one with 2 and 3 in mind .....
ARx4
DSx4
PCx1

Ps , subject to change without prior warning (and likely will)  7

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Change of Mind. I Now have 3 x gc And 6 x Ds In My Purist Team. Should get good pts At End Of Week.

smiley_boy2501 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Final decision on purist and can't makeup my mind.

Sanchez or Martin????

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

FINAL changes have been made to the start list. Knock yourselves out....just don't come crying when it all goes pair shaped  3

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I had the Sanchez/Martin purist discussion with myself, but I find a harder one.....Gerrans/De Gendt  39

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got j-rod at mo. But worth swapping for hagen, read he could be in with a chance today?

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok. Purist

L Westra
C Froome
M Kwiatkowski
S Sanchez
D Cunego
J Coppel
F Vachon
A Fonseca
P Serry

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I had a great second half of the Dauphine

stage 4=3rd
stage 5=25th
stage 6=40th
stage 7=498th(the Konig fiasco-should have had Fuglsang).
stage 8=17th

when you see that equating to a 95th position for the event you can only shudder and think how badly stages 1-3 went!!

charliemac74 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've been quietly supporting you all the way Enrique with your constant efforts to piss off the forumites (apart from the smiley addiction you seem to have to have), but to use the word 'math' on a UK site is above and beyond.

I suppose it could be worse and you could also type one word in every other sentence in CAPITAL LETTERS, or insert, random. Punctuation and full stops, but for that one lapse i think you deserve to be excommunicated, if not hung, drawn and quartered.

Next week I shall be mostly discussing the difference between 'lose' and 'loose', 'pedal' and 'peddle' as well as introducing the nuances of 'brake' and 'break'.

Anyway, more Stella please.

Yours

A sad old grammar Nazi.

16  7  14  20  19  4  44  26  22  2  31  1  13  39  3  37

(With a heavy accent on  26 )

charliemac74 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Worried now that I should have used a semicolon between between 'excommunicated' and 'if'. Better have more beer.

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'd have parenthesised the whole sub-clause after excommunicated.  26

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, another bit of useless trivia  1

If my math is right this would have been the highest scoring Purist team possible:

Christopher Froome
Richie Porte
Rohan Dennis
Warren Barguil
Kevin Seeldraeyers
Gianni Meersman
David Veilleux
Thomas Damuseau
Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg

For a total of 880 points! Good enough to have come in No. 67 in the Overall Competition! With no transfers!  1

0 likes

it has an s on Enrique....maths

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hang on. I though Maths was something you do and Math was once you've done it?

So if you have a problem to solve, it would be Maths,

If you solve the problem, you've used Maths to solve it, but when speaking about your working out, you talk about your MATH  39

0 likes

Maths is English, Math is American, or thats how i understand it to be, as basically they just both mean mathematics

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is that like Sums And Sum Then?

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Or physics and physic?

chrisdstripes replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

I'll be honest this is the hardest race of the year to date that I've had to pick for std wise for the 1st stage , Ithink iit's a tougher stage than people here are expecting and tbh I don't think gerrans will get a look in , I read it a lot like some of the Giros mm stages where some of those lumps just crippled the peleton  39

I'm not expecting anything from stage 1, I just don't want to make any transfers til the TT, so mailnly picking a team for stages 2 and 3.

TERatcliffe26 replied to smiley_boy2501 | 10 years ago
0 likes
smiley_boy2501 wrote:

Final decision on purist and can't makeup my mind.

Sanchez or Martin????

Id go Sanchez, over martin, presuming you mean tony, as I cant see him scoring big apart from 1 stage.

I have neither

JAndrewHill replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Change of Mind. I Now have 3 x gc And 6 x Ds In My Purist Team. Should get good pts At End Of Week.

Change Of Plan Again.
Two Gc, Two Ar, Five Ds

So Jrod Will Win Now!  3

JAndrewHill replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I had the Sanchez/Martin purist discussion with myself, but I find a harder one.....Gerrans/De Gendt  39

Or The Bouhanni Thomas Debate....  19

ray silvester replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

Got j-rod at mo. But worth swapping for hagen, read he could be in with a chance today?

Yeah I read that on Innrng too but EBH always flops when I pick him and it would have meant taking Froome out of my standard team which I'll post on the stage 1 thread.

On the Sanchez/Martin(Tony)/DeGendt debate.....I've got all 3 in purist which looks like this:

Sanchez,DeGendt,T.Martin,Fuglsang,Elissonde,Kwiatkowski,Cunego,Herrada,Laengen.

charliemac74 replied to Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Timbo13 wrote:

I'd have parenthesised the whole sub-clause after excommunicated.  26

In hindsight I should have just put the beer down and stepped away from the keyboard.

Apologies to all for the rant, if it's any consolation I feel sick as a dog now. Never drinking again....

enrique replied to charliemac74 | 10 years ago
0 likes
charliemac74 wrote:

I've been quietly supporting you...

And I have quietly hugged you for your that show of kindness... I feel a little lonely to lose your support, really, especially since I have no idea how I butchered the English language by using the word 'math' (mathematics?)  17 Spanish is my native language and the English I learned I learned from Americans... I shall, however, accept my punishment, but not without first shouting "Long Live Non-Expiring Transfers for the Poor!"  1 Had to get that in...

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

... the highest scoring Purist team possible:

Christopher Froome
Richie Porte
Rohan Dennis
Warren Barguil
Kevin Seeldraeyers
Gianni Meersman
David Veilleux
Thomas Damuseau

For a total of 880 points!...

Which really makes what electric did with his team team filthy cassette pro cycling pretty impressive... Meaning he only missed a perfect score by only 26 points!  1

electric's team

Christopher Froome
Michael Rogers
Tony Martin
Gianni Meersman
Michael Matthews
Rohan Dennis
David De La Cruz
David Veilleux
Nikias Arndt

If he had put another 3.0 rider in there, Jean Marc Bideau, he would have gotten 12 points closer!  1 Still, I wonder how the hell he thought of putting Veilleux in there!  17

cherrypicked replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
enrique wrote:

... the highest scoring Purist team possible:

Christopher Froome
Richie Porte
Rohan Dennis
Warren Barguil
Kevin Seeldraeyers
Gianni Meersman
David Veilleux
Thomas Damuseau

For a total of 880 points!...

Which really makes what electric did with his team team filthy cassette pro cycling pretty impressive... Meaning he only missed a perfect score by only 26 points!  1

electric's team

Christopher Froome
Michael Rogers
Tony Martin
Gianni Meersman
Michael Matthews
Rohan Dennis
David De La Cruz
David Veilleux
Nikias Arndt

If he had put another 3.0 rider in there, Jean Marc Bideau, he would have gotten 12 points closer!  1 Still, I wonder how the hell he thought of putting Veilleux in there!  17

Not taking away from the superb effort by electric, but it's not that close to perfect, and enrique, neither is your math. (Aussies would normally object to the use of the word, but hey, anything to stir the Poms!!)

I total your team to 1149 and trump it with
David Veilleux
Thomas Damuseau
Rohan Dennis
Kevin Seeldraeyers
Gianni Meersman
Richie Porte
Jakob Fuglsang
Christopher Froome
Jean-Marc Bideau
which totals to 1188.

enrique replied to cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

... I total your team to 1149 and trump it with:

David Veilleux
Thomas Damuseau
Rohan Dennis
Kevin Seeldraeyers
Gianni Meersman
Richie Porte
Jakob Fuglsang
Christopher Froome
Jean-Marc Bideau
which totals to 1188.

Wow! So this purist team could have beaten everyone in the whole competition both Purists and Non-Purists? The highest score in the competition was 1125 points...

I must have the wrong totals for each rider then for the whole race... My math(s)  1 score the team I proposed as getting only 880 points for the race, but you're getting 1149 for it!  17

Pages

Latest Comments