Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

DAUPHINE

Personally think that this could be the race of the year looking at the stages and the declared riders so far....I know some will just use it as TdF training but it should be a cracking tour...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

110 comments

Hugh Lupus | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do you go for 5 no hopers with 4 elite riders, who will go for the GC, but may not win stages, or gamble with 7-8 decent riders, who may finish in top 10.... but you'll be lucky if they win the stage.
Picking likely stage winners on the first 3 days is very difficult.
Is EBH riding? He'd do ok for a poss win ...unless he is riding for the Froomster.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My purist team comes in at 150 exactly  19

No chief's all just plain old indians

Hugh Lupus replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

My purist team comes in at 150 exactly  19

No chief's all just plain old indians

I thought Sohrabi was Iranian, not Indian ???

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Created both my teams and i think, barring withdrawals, i'm going to stick with them.

It's hurt my brain to much trying to get it sorted with umpteen attempts ending at minus 0.5 or minus 0.1 points  20

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

so picking any kind of decent team seems to basically be impossible  39

too many chiefs, not enough, erm, knowledge  1

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've just updated the start list, knock yourselves out picking a team....

P.S. There WILL be some changes before the race, because some riders are in the CONFIRMED start list of TdS  3

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm going for a rider named after a port for stage 1.

Stumps replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Richie ?

chrisdstripes replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Sydney? Elizabeth? Cockburns?

Getting warmer?

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just been checking tv schedule and no live coverage listed as yet because of French open tennis!  14

Philip Unwin replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Just been checking tv schedule and no live coverage listed as yet because of French open tennis!  14

Yes, they seem only to have live coverage for Thur, Fri and Sat. They had Mon and Tue listed earlier so it looks like it is being cut further. Also looking ahead they have nothing listed for the Tour de Suisse. Obviously they think people prefer to watch paint dry at Roland Garros.

0 likes

that betancur has got quite expensive  1

0 likes

interestingly, ASO rate stage 2 (6 categorised climbs, 2 cat 2's) as 'flat'  39

0 likes

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is. admittedly it's not a very big summit, but it is a summit.

TERatcliffe26 replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is. admittedly it's not a very big summit, but it is a summit.

The way the profile photo is cropped on the official site makes it look like its not categorized (I never noticed the 3 dangling in mid air when I first looked), which is why I thought it wasn't, but noticed it was after being pointed to steephill.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

No chiv, that's not enrique's fault, its purely because he couldn't roll transfers forward...

enrique replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

...its purely because he couldn't roll transfers forward...

Yep!  4

chiv30 replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

No chiv, that's not enrique's fault, its purely because he couldn't roll transfers forward...

Ahhh sorry I keep forgetting he isn't premium ........

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

are the riders set for the dauphine yet? seems to be full squads to choose from...???

STEVESPRO 79 replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

are the riders set for the dauphine yet? seems to be full squads to choose from...???

No mate that looks like a full riders list...The powers that be will be updating as they get the team startlists...if you click on procyclingstats and go to dauphine startlist this gives you an update of so far declared riders...

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you go onto Steephill and look at the profile for stage 7 its got the final short climb as a cat 3.

And on a slightly different note they also have the profiles up for the TdF.

enrique replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

...they also have the profiles up for the TdF.

The final ones with all the categorized climbs for all the stages?  1

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lulu Sanchez has just been added to the Tour de Suisse roster...

Gkam84 replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Lulu Sanchez has just been added to the Tour de Suisse roster...

ALL riders have been added to the Tour de Suisse, because I haven't got a start list yet  3

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Stage 3 is pretty flat, I guess it depends what you define as a sprinter, Sagan, Meersman, Gavazzi, Ratto, Matthews etc should all be at a finish like that, id class them as sprinters.

Cav may struggle but equally those cat 3 climbs don't seem as severe as the ones where the race split up in the final week at zero.

As for stage 7 its not a summit finish in my opinion, as the mountaintop point is a fair distance from the finish, yes it finish on a slight uphill, after the descent, but its not a summit (that rise would have been classed as cat 4 if they sure it as summit)

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looking at the course it looks like it's going to be a crackin' race.
Just a couple of questions.
Stage 3 Flat? Really? Although after the Giro it could be seen as that. I don't think I'll be putting any sprinters in.
Stage 7 Looks suspiciously like a summit finish to me.
Could be me looking at a poor quality profile.

enrique replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 3 Flat? Really? Although after the Giro it could be seen as that...

Well, Stage 3 will be, apparently, the closest thing to a sprinter's stage... This reminds me of the "Flat" stage Geraint Thomas won in the TDU  1 It's ok, I guess, to classify it as "Flat" but sometimes I wonder if it skews the rider historical data when stages like this get classified as "Flat"....

And Stage 7, well, after a Cat 2 and and two Cat 1's, I'd be hard pressed not to think at least a few of the GC men will be getting some finish line points!  1 If it isn't classified as a "summit" finish, maybe it's just because in the game a "summit" finish can only come at the end of a "High Mountain" finish... Maybe a Cat 2 or Cat 1 and above?...  39

drheaton replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 3 Flat? Really? Although after the Giro it could be seen as that...

Well, Stage 3 will be, apparently, the closest thing to a sprinter's stage... This reminds me of the "Flat" stage Geraint Thomas won in the TDU  1 It's ok, I guess, to classify it as "Flat" but sometimes I wonder if it skews the rider historical data when stages like this get classified as "Flat"....

And Stage 7, well, after a Cat 2 and and two Cat 1's, I'd be hard pressed not to think at least a few of the GC men will be getting some finish line points!  1 If it isn't classified as a "summit" finish, maybe it's just because in the game a "summit" finish can only come at the end of a "High Mountain" finish... Maybe a Cat 2 or Cat 1 and above?...  39

Larger races provide stage profiles and ASO (who run the Dauphine and Tour) classify their own stages so generally we stick with what they provide. If ASO think one of their stages is a flat or medium mountain stage then who are we to question that. Likewise there is an expectation from those running the game that if you're taking the game seriously enough to be bothered if you call a stage finish wrong then you should be looking at stage profiles yourself and making your own judgements on who'll contest the finishes. If you don't think a stage will be a flat sprint, don't pick sprinters.

On the subject of how this affects values of riders, if you take it across 12 months (which the game does) then it all evens out. There will be stages in future races which are classified as flat which GC guys contest and stages classed as MM that sprinters contest. Values should reflect this but if there are 50 flat stages in a year and only one or two of those comes down to a GC sprint it won't skew values that heavily.

enrique replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 7 Looks suspiciously like a summit finish to me...

drheaton wrote:

... Larger races provide stage profiles and ASO (who run the Dauphine and Tour) classify their own stages so generally we stick with what they provide. ... who are we to question that [?]....

Dave Atkinson wrote:

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is...

Ok, so now Stage 7 is classified as as a summit finish... I don't get this... Are we:

drheaton wrote:

... generally... [sticking} with what they [the ASO are providing]...

?...

'cause I thought somebody said:

drheaton wrote:

... who are we to question that [?]....

... or did Dave make an executive decision to override the ASO?...  39  3 Just kidding!  4

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 7 Looks suspiciously like a summit finish to me...

drheaton wrote:

... Larger races provide stage profiles and ASO (who run the Dauphine and Tour) classify their own stages so generally we stick with what they provide. ... who are we to question that [?]....

Dave Atkinson wrote:

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is...

Ok, so now Stage 7 is classified as as a summit finish... I don't get this... Are we:

drheaton wrote:

... generally... [sticking} with what they [the ASO are providing]...

?...

'cause I thought somebody said:

drheaton wrote:

... who are we to question that [?]....

... or did Dave make an executive decision to override the ASO?...  39  3 Just kidding!  4

See what I put on my post above, it will explain why its been changed, the photo on the officially site is cropped in a way that its easy to miss the fact it is categorized

Pages

Latest Comments