Home

Personally think that this could be the race of the year looking at the stages and the declared riders so far....I know some will just use it as TdF training but it should be a cracking tour...

110 comments

ray silvester [1836 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

A lot of 30+ credit GC types are riding with their first lieutenants:

J-Rod with Moreno

Valverde with Quintana

VanDenBroeck with Vanendert

Froome with Porte

Contador with Rogers(plus the Sorensen's)

Voeckler with Rolland(or vice versa!!)

Throw in Talansky,Kreuziger,Fuglsand,Konig,Zubeldia,Kwiatkowski,SammyS,Taaramae etc and it's clear that it's going to be important to get a few cheap breakaway guys along with a couple of bargain guys who can do something on stages or one of the jersey competitions.

Looking forward to it....and the TV coverage is normally really good for this one.....now,where's that Annual Leave form!!

Stumps [3354 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Spoilt for choice with the list of provisional starters so far.

Had a quick guestimate and my team is around 250 points !

Cant wait  4

enrique [2346 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

... Valverde with Quintana...

Wow!  1 Who'll outclimb whom?...

0 likes

Are the values for the riders we can see on the 'Rankings' page set for the Dauphine, or can they still suffer changes?...

drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

They'll change, once the Dauphine stage profiles are set up and the race is finalised we run a rider update that sets rider values based on the parcours and recent form so they'll change.

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

They'll change...

Thanks!  1

ray silvester wrote:

A lot of 30+ credit GC types are riding with their first lieutenants...

I wonder what value Luis Leon Sanchez will come in at?  39

chrisdstripes [1732 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I wonder what value Luis Leon Sanchez will come in at?  39

Good point - he'll probably still be 20+ though, its based on the last 12 months so will still include the 2012 TdF, San Sebastian and Dauphine...

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Looking at the course it looks like it's going to be a crackin' race.
Just a couple of questions.
Stage 3 Flat? Really? Although after the Giro it could be seen as that. I don't think I'll be putting any sprinters in.
Stage 7 Looks suspiciously like a summit finish to me.
Could be me looking at a poor quality profile.

TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Stage 3 is pretty flat, I guess it depends what you define as a sprinter, Sagan, Meersman, Gavazzi, Ratto, Matthews etc should all be at a finish like that, id class them as sprinters.

Cav may struggle but equally those cat 3 climbs don't seem as severe as the ones where the race split up in the final week at zero.

As for stage 7 its not a summit finish in my opinion, as the mountaintop point is a fair distance from the finish, yes it finish on a slight uphill, after the descent, but its not a summit (that rise would have been classed as cat 4 if they sure it as summit)

chrisdstripes [1732 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Lulu Sanchez has just been added to the Tour de Suisse roster...

Gkam84 [9089 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Lulu Sanchez has just been added to the Tour de Suisse roster...

ALL riders have been added to the Tour de Suisse, because I haven't got a start list yet  3

Stumps [3354 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

If you go onto Steephill and look at the profile for stage 7 its got the final short climb as a cat 3.

And on a slightly different note they also have the profiles up for the TdF.

0 likes
stumps wrote:

...they also have the profiles up for the TdF.

The final ones with all the categorized climbs for all the stages?  1

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

... once the... stage profiles are set up...we... update... rider values...

Ok, so no more changes to rider values, right?  1 Only changes to the start list, right?...

0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 3 Flat? Really? Although after the Giro it could be seen as that...

Well, Stage 3 will be, apparently, the closest thing to a sprinter's stage... This reminds me of the "Flat" stage Geraint Thomas won in the TDU  1 It's ok, I guess, to classify it as "Flat" but sometimes I wonder if it skews the rider historical data when stages like this get classified as "Flat"....

And Stage 7, well, after a Cat 2 and and two Cat 1's, I'd be hard pressed not to think at least a few of the GC men will be getting some finish line points!  1 If it isn't classified as a "summit" finish, maybe it's just because in the game a "summit" finish can only come at the end of a "High Mountain" finish... Maybe a Cat 2 or Cat 1 and above?...  39

0 likes
enrique wrote:
drheaton wrote:

... once the... stage profiles are set up...we... update... rider values...

Ok, so no more changes to rider values, right?  1 Only changes to the start list, right?...

Yeah, once the race is open to players rider values won't change except in very exceptional circumstances because some players will have already picked teams.

0 likes
enrique wrote:
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 3 Flat? Really? Although after the Giro it could be seen as that...

Well, Stage 3 will be, apparently, the closest thing to a sprinter's stage... This reminds me of the "Flat" stage Geraint Thomas won in the TDU  1 It's ok, I guess, to classify it as "Flat" but sometimes I wonder if it skews the rider historical data when stages like this get classified as "Flat"....

And Stage 7, well, after a Cat 2 and and two Cat 1's, I'd be hard pressed not to think at least a few of the GC men will be getting some finish line points!  1 If it isn't classified as a "summit" finish, maybe it's just because in the game a "summit" finish can only come at the end of a "High Mountain" finish... Maybe a Cat 2 or Cat 1 and above?...  39

Larger races provide stage profiles and ASO (who run the Dauphine and Tour) classify their own stages so generally we stick with what they provide. If ASO think one of their stages is a flat or medium mountain stage then who are we to question that. Likewise there is an expectation from those running the game that if you're taking the game seriously enough to be bothered if you call a stage finish wrong then you should be looking at stage profiles yourself and making your own judgements on who'll contest the finishes. If you don't think a stage will be a flat sprint, don't pick sprinters.

On the subject of how this affects values of riders, if you take it across 12 months (which the game does) then it all evens out. There will be stages in future races which are classified as flat which GC guys contest and stages classed as MM that sprinters contest. Values should reflect this but if there are 50 flat stages in a year and only one or two of those comes down to a GC sprint it won't skew values that heavily.

backflipbedlem [1198 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

are the riders set for the dauphine yet? seems to be full squads to choose from...???

STEVESPRO 79 [546 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

are the riders set for the dauphine yet? seems to be full squads to choose from...???

No mate that looks like a full riders list...The powers that be will be updating as they get the team startlists...if you click on procyclingstats and go to dauphine startlist this gives you an update of so far declared riders...

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

A lot of 30+ credit GC types are riding...

stumps wrote:

Spoilt for choice with the list of provisional starters so far... Had a quick guestimate and my team is around 250 points!... Cant wait  4

Hard not to see why!  1

Here's my preliminary list of the Top 20 GC riders for the Dauphine, based on the start lists available right now, in order of my projected final standing with their values according to the current 'Rankings' page:

40.0 Christopher Froome
40.0 Alberto Contador
26.5 Richie Porte
26.8 Nairo Quintana
40.0 Joaquin Rodriguez
16.7 Leopold Konig
28.8 Michal Kwiatkowski
40.0 Alejandro Valverde
28.4 Andrew Talansky
22.3 Michael Rogers
13.8 Kenny Elissonde
27.1 Jurgen Van Den Broeck
25.0 Damiano Caruso
21.6 Samuel Sanchez
30.3 Daniel Moreno
13.8 Daniel Navarro
3.0 Natnael Barhane
15.8 Jerome Coppel
19.2 Jakob Fuglsang
10.8 Damiano Cunego

Of course, the guys below may sneak in and probably will (!) be in the Top 20, too!  1 But they're my picks for most points coming from a breakaway:

31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
32.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel

chiv30 [986 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

A lot of 30+ credit GC types are riding...

stumps wrote:

Spoilt for choice with the list of provisional starters so far... Had a quick guestimate and my team is around 250 points!... Cant wait  4

Hard not to see why!  1

Here's my preliminary list of the Top 20 GC riders for the Dauphine, based on the start lists available right now, in order of my projected final standing with their values according to the current 'Rankings' page:

40.0 Christopher Froome
40.0 Alberto Contador
26.5 Richie Porte
26.8 Nairo Quintana
40.0 Joaquin Rodriguez
16.7 Leopold Konig
28.8 Michal Kwiatkowski
40.0 Alejandro Valverde
28.4 Andrew Talansky
22.3 Michael Rogers
13.8 Kenny Elissonde
27.1 Jurgen Van Den Broeck
25.0 Damiano Caruso
21.6 Samuel Sanchez
30.3 Daniel Moreno
13.8 Daniel Navarro
3.0 Natnael Barhane
15.8 Jerome Coppel
19.2 Jakob Fuglsang
10.8 Damiano Cunego

Of course, the guys below may sneak in and probably will (!) be in the Top 20, too!  1 But they're my picks for most points coming from a breakaway:

31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
32.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel

And judging on your finishing position in the Giro.......I'll ignore the breakaway advice you have given  7

0 likes

No chiv, that's not enrique's fault, its purely because he couldn't roll transfers forward...

dave atkinson [6250 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is. admittedly it's not a very big summit, but it is a summit.

0 likes

interestingly, ASO rate stage 2 (6 categorised climbs, 2 cat 2's) as 'flat'  39

0 likes

that betancur has got quite expensive  1

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

...its purely because he couldn't roll transfers forward...

Yep!  4

0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 7 Looks suspiciously like a summit finish to me...

drheaton wrote:

... Larger races provide stage profiles and ASO (who run the Dauphine and Tour) classify their own stages so generally we stick with what they provide. ... who are we to question that [?]....

Dave Atkinson wrote:

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is...

Ok, so now Stage 7 is classified as as a summit finish... I don't get this... Are we:

drheaton wrote:

... generally... [sticking} with what they [the ASO are providing]...

?...

'cause I thought somebody said:

drheaton wrote:

... who are we to question that [?]....

... or did Dave make an executive decision to override the ASO?...  39 3 Just kidding!  4

0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

... And judging on your finishing position in the Giro.......I'll ignore the breakaway advice you have given  7

6 Come to Papa, little chiv!  4 I dare you not to put any (!), not one (!) of the riders at the end of my list (below) on your team for the Dauphine under any (!) circumstances for the entire race for any (!) reason! Any (!) whatsoever!  16

enrique wrote:

... my picks for most points coming from a breakaway:

31.8 Pierre Rolland
34.2 Thomas Voeckler
19.9 Simon Gerrans
19.4 Thomas De Gendt
32.4 Luis Leon Sanchez
11.6 Pierrick Fedrigo
28.0 Sylvain Chavanel

Take the dare, you little wuss!  1

0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is. admittedly it's not a very big summit, but it is a summit.

The way the profile photo is cropped on the official site makes it look like its not categorized (I never noticed the 3 dangling in mid air when I first looked), which is why I thought it wasn't, but noticed it was after being pointed to steephill.

0 likes
enrique wrote:
Philip Unwin wrote:

... Stage 7 Looks suspiciously like a summit finish to me...

drheaton wrote:

... Larger races provide stage profiles and ASO (who run the Dauphine and Tour) classify their own stages so generally we stick with what they provide. ... who are we to question that [?]....

Dave Atkinson wrote:

stage 7 should have been classified as a summit finish, and now is...

Ok, so now Stage 7 is classified as as a summit finish... I don't get this... Are we:

drheaton wrote:

... generally... [sticking} with what they [the ASO are providing]...

?...

'cause I thought somebody said:

drheaton wrote:

... who are we to question that [?]....

... or did Dave make an executive decision to override the ASO?...  39 3 Just kidding!  4

See what I put on my post above, it will explain why its been changed, the photo on the officially site is cropped in a way that its easy to miss the fact it is categorized

Pages