Home

I really was soft-pedalling. Wasn't trying, etc.
http://youtu.be/2G8ujed0FnA

10 comments

bashthebox [752 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Planet-X, I do really like you as a shop, so I hope you don't take this badly - but that's a terrible video and really cheapens you as a brand. I assume it was done on the cheap - fair enough - but doing things on the cheap badly reflect terribly on you.
Your biggest problem is convincing people that your relatively cheap carbon can compete with the expensive, big name brands - and to do that, you need to make them look as professional, as polished as possible. This does the exact opposite.
Lots of love,
A professional video monkey.

sm [395 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm all for cheap and cheerful so long as it captures the imagination. This doesn't. No story, no character, annoying music, too long and too obvious.

hotweathercyclist [30 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

3 Am guilty of this too!

minnellium [88 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Lighten. Up.

bashthebox [752 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

If you post commercial video on a forum, and it's shit, expect criticism. Telling your customers to lighten up doesn't reflect well on you as a brand either!

Cycle_Jim [264 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

IF your going to do 'slow-mo' effects you need to film at a higher frame rate! Its an awful video considering some of the brilliant adverts I've seen (Garmin for example)
Why don't you get a proper film maker/advertising company or designer to do this for you...

spongebob [277 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

what a bunch of tossers

Gkam84 [9092 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

If that was shot by Planet X themselves, then its bloody awful marketing.

From what I can see, Dave might only be a sponsored/team rider? making an amateur video in homage to Planet X?

If that's the case, its not that bad.

minnellium [88 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the feedback - especially to BashTheBox who was kind enough to give a bit more personal email feedback, too, and telling me it was shit  3 - and for the tip on frame rates (Cycle_Jim).

After the initial rush (it's a weakness of mine...!) I've updated it quite a bit and taken on board everyone's feedback too. It's shorter, less juddery, has a bit better pace between the slips and generally I'm happier with it.

It's here now...
http://vimeo.com/minnellium/strava-kom

All a learning curve - I could take offence from comments but that's purile - as Gkam84 assumed, I'm not 'from' Planet X - I'm a rider... that's all. No money changes hands, and hence it's sort of okay to be amateurish... but hopefully this is a bit neater this time round.

THANKS ALL!  4

Cycle_Jim [264 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Your next video needs a story, you need to be invested in it. If its about pushing yourself you need to make an idea about that, if that makes sense?