Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Just a steady ride. Don't know how I got the KoM. Honest.

I really was soft-pedalling. Wasn't trying, etc.
http://youtu.be/2G8ujed0FnA

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Cycle_Jim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Your next video needs a story, you need to be invested in it. If its about pushing yourself you need to make an idea about that, if that makes sense?

minnellium | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the feedback - especially to BashTheBox who was kind enough to give a bit more personal email feedback, too, and telling me it was shit  3 - and for the tip on frame rates (Cycle_Jim).

After the initial rush (it's a weakness of mine...!) I've updated it quite a bit and taken on board everyone's feedback too. It's shorter, less juddery, has a bit better pace between the slips and generally I'm happier with it.

It's here now...
http://vimeo.com/minnellium/strava-kom

All a learning curve - I could take offence from comments but that's purile - as Gkam84 assumed, I'm not 'from' Planet X - I'm a rider... that's all. No money changes hands, and hence it's sort of okay to be amateurish... but hopefully this is a bit neater this time round.

THANKS ALL!  4

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

If that was shot by Planet X themselves, then its bloody awful marketing.

From what I can see, Dave might only be a sponsored/team rider? making an amateur video in homage to Planet X?

If that's the case, its not that bad.

spongebob | 10 years ago
0 likes

what a bunch of tossers

Cycle_Jim | 10 years ago
0 likes

IF your going to do 'slow-mo' effects you need to film at a higher frame rate! Its an awful video considering some of the brilliant adverts I've seen (Garmin for example)
Why don't you get a proper film maker/advertising company or designer to do this for you...

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you post commercial video on a forum, and it's shit, expect criticism. Telling your customers to lighten up doesn't reflect well on you as a brand either!

minnellium | 10 years ago
0 likes

Lighten. Up.

hotweathercyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

3 Am guilty of this too!

sm | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm all for cheap and cheerful so long as it captures the imagination. This doesn't. No story, no character, annoying music, too long and too obvious.

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Planet-X, I do really like you as a shop, so I hope you don't take this badly - but that's a terrible video and really cheapens you as a brand. I assume it was done on the cheap - fair enough - but doing things on the cheap badly reflect terribly on you.
Your biggest problem is convincing people that your relatively cheap carbon can compete with the expensive, big name brands - and to do that, you need to make them look as professional, as polished as possible. This does the exact opposite.
Lots of love,
A professional video monkey.

Latest Comments