Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Saddles - viewpoints

I've basically started this so people can give some viewpoints on saddles and what they use.

I rode Turbos, Rolls (a nice saddle) and now I'm on an SMP lite 209 which is the most comfortable saddle i've ever sat on.

OK its got a BIG groove all the way in the middle of it - which is half of the comfort factor: by god they are like sitting on a settee/couch and would recommend them to the point of their price which is sky high yet WELL WORTH IT.

What's your fave ?????

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Arione - very comfortable.

PX superlight team - exactly the same but much comfier due to its £17 price tag.

KirinChris | 10 years ago
0 likes

Brooks, Brooks, Brooks... I have two Swifts, a Team Pro and a B17.

I do also have a Selle Flight for racing but most of the time I'm on the Brooks.

Nothing touches them for comfort, although I'm well aware some people think they are instruments of torture which should be banned by the UN.

I think you either have a Brooks arse or you don't.

dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm sitting here having taken a pill due to the pain in my backside due to the Selle San Marco Ponza Power Saddle. I've just ordered a Spoon!

Cycle_Jim replied to dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes

You'll be pleased with it, nothing beats it for the money!

Adey replied to dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes
dunnoh wrote:

I'm sitting here having taken a pill due to the pain in my backside due to the Selle San Marco Ponza Power Saddle. I've just ordered a Spoon!

One man's meat.......San Marco Ponza Power Saddle works for me  3 took lots of minor adjustment though!

Cycle_Jim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Madisons version of the charge spoon (exact replica of the spoon just with Madison logos instead) One of the comfiest saddles, personally.

Selle Italia, not sure which model but it was pricier than the madison, not as comfortable but okay.

Had a friend who had a fizik airone and hated it saying it was very uncomfortable

Latest Comments