Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Twit-&-run - Now it's the cyclist's fault!

Surprise - now a lawyer is involved, it's the bike rider's fault for riding into her - the only thing she did wrong was the tweet!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22639720

Ok, I have been saying that revenge isn't warranted etc, and that losing her job would be a bit extreme, but unless Toby's (the victim) version of events is full of BS (i.e. that she was on the wrong side of the road), I'm now getting real close to not giving a sh*t what happens to her.

I suppose the lawyer's thinking is that no-one can prove which side of the road she was on, but given that he paid a visit to hedge after bouncing off the car, yet also managing to remain on the bike, that suggests he must have been on the left, otherwise the angle to hit the hedge would probably have been too acute - he would simply have been embedded in it.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think she is getting a slight hard time for what has happened. Threats, maybe losing her job.

She needs a lesson in social media and PR, like getting rid of that solicitor (who's most likely doing it to further his career in the limelight)

But as no-one but her and the cyclist know what really happened and his story is dodgy at best....He landed on the bonnet and then in the hedge, but was still upright on his bike....

Leave her alone now and let it serve as a nice lesson to others

farrell replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I think she is getting a slight hard time for what has happened. Threats, maybe losing her job.

She needs a lesson in social media and PR, like getting rid of that solicitor (who's most likely doing it to further his career in the limelight)

But as no-one but her and the cyclist know what really happened and his story is dodgy at best....He landed on the bonnet and then in the hedge, but was still upright on his bike....

Leave her alone now and let it serve as a nice lesson to others

I was agreeing with that sentiment, I think she could have got her way out of this with a bit of humility and remorse but instead she has gone all out "charm offensive", rocking up on TV with a shockingly badly dressed twerp in tow, blagging her way out of it.

I hope she gets dragged further through the mud and I hope someone at the 'Phile Factory formerly known as the BBC gets a ragging for allowing her this platform.

spragger | 10 years ago
0 likes

The tweet will damn her, unless she drives an italian tank

samjamead | 10 years ago
0 likes

Speechless - the solicitor sees fit to wear a checked shirt with a pinstriped suit?! On TV?!

Latest Comments