Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d'Italia - Tappa 19

Pity there's now no Stelvio - was looking forward to that. Still, a good showdown on the cards between Majka and Betancur.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

55 comments

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:

Will all Di Lucas points be taken away from our scores??
will this effect badges? ie full houses etc??

He was part of the TTT that came 5th do we lose those points too?

This could get complicated!  7

And if for example his third place on stage 7 is annulled do all those below him move up and get extra points.

As he was picking up gc points early in the competition, in the points or mountains comp, I think it was, do those riders below him get those points too?

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

All Di Luca's points will need to be taken out now, this could change the game  39

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Was zero points all round when a stage of the Tour of the Med was cancelled earlier in the year.

We'd just need to know what happens with transfers at some point, as it would also affect what we do tomorrow...

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm assuming no points for the stage, and if you haven't yet made transfers you can now carry them over. But tomorrow has to look unlikely now too. What a shame as there would surely have been big attacks and lots of excitement.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Damn...Just made my transfers before seeing that it has been cancelled.....Would be a good idea if all transfers for the stage were reset as this would suit me...  1

letsgoup replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Would be a good idea if all transfers for the stage were reset as this would suit me...  1

And so say all of us  36  36

But I fear its not what will happen.  39

stevemarks replied to letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes
letsgoup wrote:
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Would be a good idea if all transfers for the stage were reset as this would suit me...  1

And so say all of us  36  36

But I fear its not what will happen.  39

Not sure it's exactly the same but the precedent usually is if you transfer in a guy and he then abandons you do not get it back> It would seem unfair to give all those premium players all their transfers back that they can then use on the sprint stage at the end. Just saying  19  19  19

enrique replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

... It would seem unfair to give all those premium players all their transfers back that they can then use on the sprint stage at the end...

chiv30 replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

... It would seem unfair to give all those premium players all their transfers back that they can then use on the sprint stage at the end...

Don't worry Enrique, I'll still have 6 for that stage  3

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

So what do we do now?? I haven't done my st19 transfers yet and 1hr to go!!!

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Di Luca positive. Oh dear! Plus ca change.

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh dear....now news of Di Luca testing positive. Another day at the Giro!

Marauder replied to obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes
obutterwick wrote:

Oh dear....now news of Di Luca testing positive. Another day at the Giro!

He was riding so well too. Now we know why  14

0 likes

I didn't make any of those and my question was directed at Dave of course. I did make transfers last night though even though I'd written I'd wait till the morning. But I think 4 for the last stage will be enough. Hopefully tomorrow's stage will be run otherwise the Giro is going to be a bit of a damp squib. Maybe it needs to be set forward a week to its old time slot to reduce the chances of this happening in the future.

archieboy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gesink pulled from race by medical team at Blanco

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's a call for Dave to make but I think it'll be run as zero points all round. However, if you made penalty transfers you'll likely still get minus points for those.

stevemarks replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

That's a call for Dave to make but I think it'll be run as zero points all round. However, if you made penalty transfers you'll likely still get minus points for those.

Begs the question do transfers get carried over if you haven't used them as well?

0 likes

Will it be 0 scores all round or will we just get table points for the riders we've got?

ianbar | 10 years ago
0 likes

yup cancelled....gutted!

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cancelled Oh dear!

20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20

archieboy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Stg19. Cancelled..

letsgoup replied to archieboy | 10 years ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

Stg19. Cancelled..

Had a shot at top 10 in the purist comp. Not now  14  14

Plus made 3 transfers last night- Lost those now too for nothing  14  14

Can't the peleton invest in some mountain bikes, mittens and wooly hats  3  3

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Made 2 changes. Brought back Niemiec and Betancur. Gutted about the shortened route.

spongebob | 10 years ago
0 likes

I hope they can run the shortened route, it is looking grim for being able to make it over any climbs!

STEVESPRO 79 replied to spongebob | 10 years ago
0 likes
SammyG wrote:

I hope they can run the shortened route, it is looking grim for being able to make it over any climbs!

Yes fingers crossed....Weather in the area is apparently pretty grim this morning....Really feel for the organisers that so far all the 'top' stages have been affected...
Be some tired legs out there today, so another tricky stage to see past the GC guys...Tempted to drop Evans for an out and out mountain goat, but its hard with his guaranteed 'GC' and 'Points' points total...may just make the one change that most people will make...

Pages

Latest Comments