Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Long body Jerseys?

I'm a recent convert to road cycling, and am suffering from a dearth of kit, specifically jerseys. This is largely due to me being a lanky sod with a very long back (I'm 6'5" with a 34" inside leg ...) and being unsure what to buy.

I've got a Russian River Brewery one made by Canari which some friends bought back from SF. Its fits pretty well, but Canari are US based, and I can't find any UK stockists

The other one is a dhb Clip, which looks like a boob-tube

Do you have any suggestions for cycling jersey manufacturers that come up long in the body?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Bagpuss | 10 years ago
0 likes

Recently invested in a Rapha short sleeved jersey, their size guide is spot on and has the length of the jersey in the size guide. 6'3" and the pockets on an XL top sit perfectly.

zzgavin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Craft base layers are excellent, properly long for the tall folk. I've got three different types and they all work well. I've been luckier with jerseys, you just need to try a few more on. REI in the US have a MT sizing for medium tall, which is brilliant. My problem is arm length, most jackets and LS jerseys are too short

amawby | 10 years ago
0 likes

I am only 6'2" but thin and also struggle. In general, I find the Italian brands are in general better. However, for baselayers, I find Craft are cut really long and thin. Maybe their jerseys are too - I haven't tried them to find out.

SimonT1971 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes you're right about Castelli, i'm 6'2" and the Large Maglia Rossa replica i bought last year was only suitable were i to have a pierced navel and a desire to strut my stuff along a beach promenade. Not a good look when you're 41 with a 35" waist!

ashfanman | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm also 6'5 with a 34" waist and had the exact same problem. Tried on countless jerseys from countless brands, until I tried a Castelli Prima in large. It's very close fitting, but perfect for me. (Though this is not true of all Castelli jerseys - the Fuga and Aero Race jerseys are much shorter.)

Got a good review on this site recently: http://road.cc/content/review/82961-castelli-prima-jersey-fz

Latest Comments