Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sacroiliac Joint Problems

Morning all. Does anyone have any experience or tips regarding the above condition? I believe it is common amongst cyclists who easily develop tight hamstrings/IT bands. Specifically, I was hoping someone had some suggestions on stretches that I can do on the bike or during a stop to help correct things and ease my back pain. At the minute, I get lower back pain after about 30 mins of riding which, frankly is doing my nut in (pissed off face emoticon).

Yours Painfully,

Arriere

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Only if I go out for a ride and come back later than I said I would  3

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Any who suffered with this get groin pain too?

arrieredupeleton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks chaps. There's a whole load of info on the web - some better than others so it's useful to know what works for you. I've been to Chiro before which has helped and I've found some success with some corrective exercises. Spud: what are the core exercises you do? Plank? Good luck with LEJOG.

Spud | 10 years ago
0 likes

Same for me, had it for years on left side. Very painful a couple of years back but have been seeing chiropractor since and it's worked winders for me. Coupled with daily core exercises it is manageable and I can do 100 miles without issue normally. Chiropractor showed me stretches to do too and there are plenty on line. I'm hoping I've got it well managed as doing Lejog in 8 weeks!

Shred | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have SI joint problems from an old gardening injury. Basically my lower back tightens up which causes pain there and in the glutes. It also affects my hamstrings.

I do an isolated hamstring stretch as detailed here after every ride: http://www.trainingforcyclists.co.uk/

I also visit a Chiropracter regularly to free up the SI joints which helps a huge amount.

Latest Comments